Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - bionicfog - 2012-05-01

It does it occasionally when I search for metadata. It's only done it with TV shows for me so far. It's also done it a few times when I try to sort files into folders or bulk rename.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-05-01

What I think is happening is that it tries to access information that has been moved to a different location, like, it might be trying to access "Battlestar Galactica (2003)" while the real folder might have just been moved to a different location, been renamed to "Battlestar Galactica", or if it's on an external drive, the drive might have disconnected.

Either way, it's likely not finding the correct location for some reason, and ViMM doesn't correctly check whether or not something is there, which could be causing the crash.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - lazychef - 2012-05-04

Just want to say I love this app and it works so well. Can't wait for future releases when it becomes more stable.

Maybe you can add an option to check either themoviedb or imdb ? because checking the imdb is raping it and have to keep force-quit.
*edit* also its having problems picking up movies with a hyphen in the title. e.g (Semi-Pro) or (Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol)

themoviedb says the title is Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol but you are not allowed to put " : " in titles.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-05-04

In the next major update, you'll be able to cancel the progress dialog if it gets stuck at downloading IMDbAPI information, so that should help, but the moviedb has a much better system to request data from. I'm using that one as the main request and the unofficial IMDbAPI as a sub-request, so I can't pick the IMDbAPI as the main system to get information from.

Titles with ":" will still be shown as such within ViMM, but if you convert the folder name it'll translate it to a " - ", which makes it a bit double in your example, but generally seems to work well.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - luoto - 2012-05-05

Thought I would add my three pence worth and say thank you for developing this app. I have just started using it after discovering it, and came to the forum to see about the IMDB freeze error. Is there a timescale for when you might be able to slipstream that cancel option, even if the other updates are not ready ?

When you are ready to release and if there's a charge, you have one customer at least !

Thanks

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - luoto - 2012-05-08

Might I give some feedback? I have found an error that seems to be confusing.

Situation. Using the program only to clean up files from a temporary directory on external NAS. I.e. once cleaned moving from cleaned directory to master location so I am not storing hundreds of titles in the program.

In some situations if one has to delete a file, either through the program OR through finder. It refuses to refresh the view and claims problems with various files that are not in fact problems. Only solution has been to remove the location from preferences, rename directory to something else, reapply location, restart program and rescan and then the files are there.

Hope this helps.!

Release - efty.edge - 2012-05-17

Hi.

First i would also to thank you so much for the time you spent to write this long awaited piece of software. Blush

I have two questions and a request to you. First - Is there a release date for version 0.6 or is it possible to be part of the beta test!? And can you set up nightly builds or release one weekly version. I request this because the last version is from March. Sleepy

Thanx in advance.

Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - luoto - 2012-05-17

I think the programmer was searching for work before he continued development, if I recall correctly. I don't remember seeing he had any luck in that regard, so maybe that explains the quietness. I am not a programmer else I would offer to help work on this great project (should the developer be open to it).

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-05-18

Yup, no luck in the finding work department, which put a bit of a damper on working on ViMM as well...
And even if there were other developers, I'm using a programming language that is pretty rare called REALstudio BASIC, so that's not going to help to attract other possible developers either ^^;

I've been rewriting ViMM from scratch so that I could put more structure in the coding this time around, but that makes it take extra time to build, currently only the 'Movie' part of ViMM is almost done, but TV shows haven't been put in yet at all.
So I could put out an alpha or nightly build, but it wouldn't have all that much functionality yet, and a fair number of bugs.

All I can say is that the next version is going to be totally awesome! when it comes out...

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-05-18

Hi MariusTh86.

Sorry to hear that ... but go on trying and don't resign.

About ViMM - It's cool that you rebuild it from scratch. So if the movie section is nearly complete, why don't put out some nightly or weekly builds!? The community could help you to exterminate the bugs. I would appreciate it.

Good luck for your search.

Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-06-12

Hello again.

Marius, sorry to ask but are you still alive.How about a glimpse of the new version!? Maybe a screenshot, feature list or better - a alpha version to download.

Hope to hear from you.

Greetings
Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - joelfernandes - 2012-06-12

I also would love to get my hands on a new version Smile

Currently I have more than 300 movies on the database and the app is getting really slow to load :/

Thanks and congrats on the app

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-06-12

I'm alive, but still haven't done much more work on ViMM, except for some random days and tidbits of programming.

Currently I've been stuck at incorporating 'sets' information, I know pretty much exactly how I want it to look and function, but to actually get it to work hasn't yet happened, besides that i've been doing some random fixes to things i've come across.
And I haven't even started on TV shows yet...

Any "Nightly" or "Alpha" releases, will be highly experimental, likely unstable, possibly unusable and really far from finished, so it should only be used at your own risk. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - bowie - 2012-06-13

Thx for a great product!

I am using 0.5.4 and my movies are on a NAS (approx 300)

I am using BOXEE so my requirement for POSTER FILE NAME is that the name should be "folder.jpg". However I have now experienced that the settings/Poster file name keeps resetting itself to "movie.jpg"Huh
Can anyone help with this? I have run a repair on my HD in case it was some there but no luck.
Please help - since this is ANNOYING Undecided

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-06-13

You can try and reset ViMM by deleting the preferences in /users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager.plist