Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - cbr600ds2 - 2012-08-06

Ok - I just realized that my XBMC may not be reading the correct pics/vids that I download with VIMM. How do I set XBMC to do that?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-06

@houdini5923: If you have a lot of movies and/or if they are on a network attached drive, it takes a while for ViMM to process them all, so it might seem like it's getting stuck, but it's actually finding all of your movies and adding them to the list, just let it run for a while.

@cbr600ds2: I'm not sure if there are any settings for XBMC, it should be finding any correctly named files, and for posters it takes the first <thumb></thumb> image location from the .nfo file.
If only a 'screenshot' of the movie shows up, even after a refresh of a movie, check that movie's .nfo file to see if the first <thumb></thumb> tags correspond to the local poster image's name. The "batch renamer" under the 'Tools' menu should also be able to help to correctly name your files and to put the right thumb inside the .nfo file.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Tiny Clanger - 2012-08-06

(2012-08-05, 23:21)MariusTh86 Wrote: Oops, I swapped them round because of an overwriting problem, but i forgot the set-up wizard, thanks for remind me!

Thanks — though TV Shows still aren't loading. I can't remember if they're actually supported yet, though :)

(2012-08-05, 23:21)MariusTh86 Wrote: The REALbasic toolbar isn't as convenient as a standard Cocoa one, i'll see what, If anything, I can do anything with sizes, but customizing might be a little difficult.
I had one set up for 0.5x that could be customized, but it seemed like it wasn't future proof. When I tried to build the App as a pure Cocoa App it failed to do so at the time.

Ah, I did wonder whether they were using NSToolbar underneath or not. Thanks!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - cbr600ds2 - 2012-08-06

@cbr600ds2: I'm not sure if there are any settings for XBMC, it should be finding any correctly named files, and for posters it takes the first <thumb></thumb> image location from the .nfo file.
If only a 'screenshot' of the movie shows up, even after a refresh of a movie, check that movie's .nfo file to see if the first <thumb></thumb> tags correspond to the local poster image's name. The "batch renamer" under the 'Tools' menu should also be able to help to correctly name your files and to put the right thumb inside the .nfo file.
[/quote]

Most of the screw ups are the box art for movies...Other than that its reading things great still.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-06

@tiny Clanger: TV Shows & Anime are not yet build, though I hope to start working on TV Shows soon. Wink

@cbr600ds2: Box Art? You mean 'movie sets'? I don't think there is a way to set posters and fanart for those except through XBMC itself.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - earlgrei - 2012-08-07

EDIT: Some how totally missed the previous few posts. Sorry for the duplicate.

Just curious if anyone can tell me why I cannot switch to the TV Shows tab in the latest Alpha build. 0.6a3

Thanks,
EarlGrei
XBMC - Eden PVR

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - cbr600ds2 - 2012-08-09

Not...it's a cover of the DVD's. Mine likes to pull the non-english ones on certain movies. I don't know why.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-09

(2012-08-09, 20:24)cbr600ds2 Wrote: Not...it's a cover of the DVD's. Mine likes to pull the non-english ones on certain movies. I don't know why.

That would be because people are uploading non-english covers to TMDB, and ViMM downloads the first one in the list.
Unfortunately I can't filter cover links on language, at best I could pick a 'random' link from the list. xD

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Aros - 2012-08-09

Hi
First of all, thanks for this!!

Second, if there already is a nfo in the movie folder, why does the nfo-file get overwritten? I have a rather nice nfo-library in swedish but would like to skip Media Companion for this solution instead, but i don't feel like editing every nfo again.

How can I import my current nfo to ViMediaManager?

Thanks!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - joelfernandes - 2012-08-09

(2012-08-09, 21:06)Aros Wrote: Hi
First of all, thanks for this!!

Second, if there already is a nfo in the movie folder, why does the nfo-file get overwritten? I have a rather nice nfo-library in swedish but would like to skip Media Companion for this solution instead, but i don't feel like editing every nfo again.

How can I import my current nfo to ViMediaManager?

Thanks!

Actually, in my opinion, ViMM could search for existing NFO files and take it from there, instead of having to rescan Smile

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-09

ViMM should be able to pick up on existing XBMC formatted .nfo files, no matter what language they're in, the only way they'd get overwritten is if you choose to 'update' metadata, or re-scrape a movie from scratch.

Just add your media folder to ViMM and it should all work.

@joel: It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Wink

Noop, it's not so...

The fanart and poster work fine but the existing nfo doesn't show up in ViMediaManager.

Screenshots and a NFO-file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ft08th1oz0cfbg7/URd0i_Mrjm

Please let me know if there's something wrong with my NFO-files (they work great in XBMC)

Thanks,

Hmm, odd, the naming seems correct.
Maybe you could send me the .nfo file itself?

Yes, everything was created by Media Companion, so it should be correct.

Didn't you see the nfo in my Dropbox?

Ah right, I over-looked it, i'll try and run some experiments on it.