Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-09-22

(2012-09-22, 02:54)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks, this sounds great! Is there still any advantage / feature of of Ember over ViMM? I recall there was something about media info, plot, trailers, and others. But cannot remember. Please let me know.

I dunno, but I aim to make ViMM the very best media manager out there. Wink

(2012-09-22, 02:54)steve1977 Wrote: Ever considered adding ViMM to the Apple appstore? Any copyright violation, which would prevent this?

First, this would increase your visibility having a (hopefully) highly ranked product in the Apple charts. Also, you could consider making it a paid app at one point of time. I am sure that we would all be willing to pay some amount. Let's assume 5,000 people paying €5 each would make a nice amount (plus gain the visibility and recognition).

It's been considered, mostly i'm just not sure how to get it in there.
And while it's in this unstable alpha/beta phase, it's probably not yet suited to be published in the apple store.
So i'll likely do some more work on it before researching how to put it in the app store.

(2012-09-22, 03:06)steve1977 Wrote: And two more feature requests:

1) Any chance to read the "language" from MKV files and have a filter to sort by language (all movies not in English, etc.)?
2) Any chance to have ViMM print a list of all movies with name, year and resolution (1080p, 720p, SD)

Thanks for considering!

1) It already reads the language in the latest alpha, so I think i'll be able to add it to the sort filter.
2) Print & Export are planned for a little later. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Vaneska - 2012-09-22

If the animation is too complicated, maybe a Mouseover will be easier. Smile

Listview Mockup Smile incl. Minimalistic Vector Icons

If you want the PSD, I can send it to you gladly. If you want more suggestions or changes I gladly invest more time.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-09-22

That's just wowee! it's got some incredible ideas and layouts in there, I think i'm gonna have to re-do the movie section once again. Wink
Feel free to send me the PSD's for me to take a close look at.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - cgmille2 - 2012-09-22

Hey, its me again with another picky request. It seems that when there is more than one studio listed in the nfo, xbmc doesn't know which to use and therefore doesn't display a studio logo in the library. The devs have know about this for a while and they updated the native IMDB scraper to limit studios to one, instead of modifying xbmc to choose a studio. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82987. Not sure if this will be a priority for you or not, but it sure would improve aesthetics.
Thanks again and keep up the great work!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-09-24

@cgmille2: Thanks! I did not know that, i'll look into seeing what I can do about it.
ViMediaManager v0.6a6

v0.6α6 24/09/2012
• [New] Now getting the actual Top250 IMDb rank from 250.s-anand.net.
• [New] Added a preference to use Windows OS save names when renaming items.
• [New] Added more mini icons to the list, to show which files you already have.
• [Dif] Added an option to batch update movie ratings.
• [Dif] Moved around some common code blocks for easier maintainability.
• [Dif] Better managing of the cleaning process.
• [Dif] Rewrote the ‘put movies into folders’ function, and hoping it’ll stop causing errors.
• [Dif] Less refreshing in the sets manager, but still in experimental stage.
• [Fix] Fixed some Nil object errors when trying to find nonexistent, previously existing images.
• [Fix] The usual minor bug fixes and changes.

Some more critical bugs fixed.
Enjoy!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-09-26

Hi Marius.

Thanx for the new version. Looks really nice and works fast. But there is one problem. I've set the language to german and scraped the movie ARMAGEDDON. At the point of scraping the IMDB Top 250 it stop with following message. IMDB Top 250 not reachable. After clicking OK the scraping continues but the scraped nfo file is not shown in the interface.

Thanx again.

Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-09-26

The IMDB Top 250 error is because a site I use for it is unreachable, i can't help that, but it shouldn't be too much of an impact.

It's possible that it can't write a new NFO file because there's already one available, (And currently in use by some other program or process, like a torrent client's seeding) like a scene.nfo file.
Check to see if there's already a '.nfo' file inside the movie's directory and remove it or rename it before trying again.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-09-27

Hi again.

You're really quick ... Ok. Is it possible to check if the Top 250 site is reachable? If it's down the Message-/Errror box should not appear in case of bulk scraping.

It's true, there was an existing nfo file. So i deleted it that only the .avi file was in the folder. And then ...

- i started the full scraping of this one movie
- the Top 250 Error Box appeared
- i click OK
- the scraping continues and finish

And then following error occured. In the interface the movie info is not shown, only the new poster. In the movie folder there is a new .nfo file with the correct data.

Hope this helps.

Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-09-27

As long as http://250.s-anand.net is reachable, the top250 should be available, but i'll take down the message box, since it's not the most important data in the world.

Hmm, odd, did you try refreshing the list, just to be sure?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-09-27

Hi again.

Nice to hear that you take the Top 250 message box down.

A few minutes ago i scraped some movies again. The Problem seems to be the renaming part. If i disable 'Keep media folder organized' everything works fine for me. If i enable the rename function i have to refresh the view and it's ok.

Sorry for confusing you.

But i have some questions. I'm german so i use the German settings of viM. So in the information of the movies metadata, why are the countries, language, genre and mpaa rating are filled with english data? Have i really to edit all this stuff manually because there is a small triangle for the rating and the genre that includes the german words. And at last. Please make it possible to set the trailer url as default. Now i have to click it to save it in the field.

Thanx in advance.
Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-01

(2012-09-27, 17:16)efty.edge Wrote: Hi again.

Nice to hear that you take the Top 250 message box down.

A few minutes ago i scraped some movies again. The Problem seems to be the renaming part. If i disable 'Keep media folder organized' everything works fine for me. If i enable the rename function i have to refresh the view and it's ok.

Sorry for confusing you.

But i have some questions. I'm german so i use the German settings of viM. So in the information of the movies metadata, why are the countries, language, genre and mpaa rating are filled with english data? Have i really to edit all this stuff manually because there is a small triangle for the rating and the genre that includes the german words. And at last. Please make it possible to set the trailer url as default. Now i have to click it to save it in the field.

Thanx in advance.
Efty

Confusion is part of a developer's job I believe. Wink
What exactly happens when the 'keep media folder organised' option is enabled? or what doesn't happen that you expect it to do?

I'll have a look, but in most cases, ViMM won't grab the german data because the requested data might not be available in german, so it'll fall back to american/english, since not every movie has, for example, localised MPAA data available on TMDB, which ViMM uses to get it's information from.
And in some cases, I seemed to have forgotten to get the localized data instead of the fallback data, like with genres. ^^;

The trailer field is left empty, because the field isn't saved to the NFO file, and just clicking the 'download' button will take the first URL available and download it, unless you specify a URL in the text field that you've found somewhere else on the internet.
So the drop down trailer menu is just for convenience, or in case there's more then one trailer available and you don't want to auto-download the first one.

I hope I explained it well, let me know if i said something confusing. ^^

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-10-01

Hi Marius.

Quote:Confusion is part of a developer's job I believe. Wink
What exactly happens when the 'keep media folder organised' option is enabled? or what doesn't happen that you expect it to do?
I have had to do a clean install of viMM and no update. After the blank installation everyting works fine, except the Top 250 message box and to localisation issues below.

Quote:I'll have a look, but in most cases, ViMM won't grab the german data because the requested data might not be available in german, so it'll fall back to american/english, since not every movie has, for example, localised MPAA data available on TMDB, which ViMM uses to get it's information from.
Ok – Understood. So if there is no way to get the localized data like Ember does, maybe it might be possible to setup a translation table for the MPAA ratings!? I over 90 % of the cases it might match.

Quote:And in some cases, I seemed to have forgotten to get the localized data instead of the fallback data, like with genres
Nice to hear that there will be hope... Blush

Quote:The trailer field is left empty, because the field isn't saved to the NFO file, and just clicking the 'download' button will take the first URL available and download it, unless you specify a URL in the text field that you've found somewhere else on the internet.
So the drop down trailer menu is just for convenience, or in case there's more then one trailer available and you don't want to auto-download the first one.
Also understood - but not useful for batch processing! Is it possible to get the resolution of a trailer if there is more than one and set the one with the matching, changeable default resolution like 720p, as textfield default!?

Quote:I hope I explained it well, let me know if i said something confusing. ^^
Everything is clear! No problem and by the way i‘m really surprised that you as developer take the time to reply and had an ear for our problems and requests. Very good - go on …

Thanx again.
Efty

P.S. When can we espect the next alpha without the Top250 box!?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-01

The next alpha might be out within a week, or whenever it's ready, whichever comes later. Wink

Listening to users is the best feedback I have, if i accidentally miss a big bug, i get to hear it from you guys almost immediately. Wink
Same with some great ideas, like the recent layout inputs from Vaneska. ^^

There are more then a dozen different languages that are currently supported by ViMM, i've been trying some kind of 'translation tables' in the past, but it's rather extensive to manage.

I get some trailer information, but the actual resolution is unfortunately not one of them, for the most part it's just "HD" or "SD", where "HD" is usually around 720p I believe.
I could fill up the text field with the first URL available. but it might confuse people to think that it's their only option, when there might be either more options in the drop down menu, or when they can fill out their own Youtube URLs, or direct links.
If you want to quickly download a trailer, you can leave the field empty, and just press the download button to download the first available trailer.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - albatar - 2012-10-04

Hi everyone,

Vimediamanager is great, but i have somme questions.

Is it possible de choose specificaly imdb instead of TMDB to scrap movies ?

Is it possible to modify metadata in tv show, episode by episode ?

Thanks for your answers.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-04

ViMM uses TMDB to know which IMDb a movie has, since IMDb doesn't provide a good interface for searching movies, so it'll have to use TMDb for now, but it prefers IMDb data over TMDB data.

Currently it's not able to edit episode information using ViMM, but it's planned for a future release.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Wink