Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - beelzetron - 2012-10-10

Opening the anime section itself crash the app, I can open anime section only if i start vimm in debug mode, but then doing stuff in anime section crash the app again.
I've just tried to delete the preference file, same problem. I have also tried to clean up directories name from strange characters without success.

Error

EDIT: added a link to error screenshot. Smile

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - ritchiejr - 2012-10-10

What a great app! I've been using it with Boxee, but from what i've read, once boxee hits the <id> tag, it uses info from there and skips the rest of your (my) nfo file. If the <id> tag is moved to the bottom or end of the NFO file, (just before </movie>) then boxee would use the info in the nfo as apposed to the website in the <id>. Perhaps you could have a boxee compatibility checkbox in the preferences that would move the <id> tag to the bottom? I assume this is a non issue in XBMC. Alternatively (and probably much more difficult for you!) would be a preference to allow people to customize the nfo file by allowing us to indicate what tags we want in the nfo and what order that info could be in. (allowing us to leave out actors etc..)

Thanks!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-10

Ordering is a little harder, but opting in or out is fairly easy, i have been looking into better boxee support, but it's been a little hard since I don't have a boxee box.

Have you tested putting the ID at the bottom? if that really works, i don't have any problem moving the ID's for Boxee. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - ritchiejr - 2012-10-11

I have dome some limited testing. I've used a few different programs to generate nfo files, and had some friend generate them on pc's as well. Any time the <id> was at the top, the rest of the nfo was ignored by Boxee. A simple cut and paste moving the <id> to the bottom has always worked for me. I don't know what kind of effect this might have on other systems (mainly xbmc) as i only use Boxee currently.

Thanks for the quick reply!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-11

No problem, a boxee switch should be ready in the next release. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - PrimaryMaster - 2012-10-14

First of all..Love you little program =)

second, I want to select some movies and the press " Get extra - > Download missing images"

Is that funktion on the way?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-14

For now it's only 1 or all movies at the same time.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - PrimaryMaster - 2012-10-14

How do i do all movies ?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-16

Go to the menubar's "Tools" menu, scroll down to "Get Extras" and select the "Download All Missing Images" option. ^^

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - joelfernandes - 2012-10-18

Got an issue with the movie sets manager. The window looks like its cut and it is missing the list of the sets. Look here:

I did try resizing the window horizontally for a while and never saw it again.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-18

I fear you would have to reset the preferences to get that right again..
They can be found at:
/users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - joelfernandes - 2012-10-18

Worked like a charm! Thanks Smile

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - ritchiejr - 2012-10-18

MariusTh86, After further Boxee testing, seems the nfo files work best without an <id> tag at all... Since everything is already in the NFO file, Boxee shouldn't need to look up any further details/art, and therefore the <id> tag is not necessary. Perhaps a Boxee switch could just leave out the <id> altogether?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-18

I thought that might be the case, i'll see what I can do since ViMM does need them.
I suppose renaming the <id> tags to something like <vimm-dbid> should make boxee skip them, since it doesn't know the tags, if you can give it a try?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - ritchiejr - 2012-10-19

Sure, i'll give it a try.