Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - mfrelink - 2013-01-08

@MariusTh86: I just found out about ViMediaManager last Saturday when I was looking for something to automate fixing my movies, and boy does your tool ROCK! (using latest version 5 jan.)
I tried -every- (well, at least 7 Smile) available tool on Windows/OSX but only one did exactly what I needed: easy, comprehensive list of features, attractive GUI, worked well and OSX!.

Before I started I had all my movies in 1 big folder, now I have all my movies, correctly named in separate folders with LOTS of metadata!
It would have taken me weeks if I had to do it by hand, now it took me less than 2 days for 500 movies (I'm kind of anal when it comes to quality control Wink)

Now that I used it for a couple of days, I was wondering if the following would be possible.
Could you make an option to save -all- movie posters in a subfolder "extraposters" (possibly even logo/banner/clearart/thumb/discart !?)
I would love to have all art locally stored with my movies.

Again, thanks for ViMediaManager! Big Grin

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-01-08

Glad to hear you're making such good use of my little tool. ^^

XBMC skins and other media players don't currently use 'extraposters'. (though I suppose they might, if made available)
So it's not high on my priority list, but I suppose I could look into it some time.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - mfrelink - 2013-01-08

I do, and I'm extremely happy with it Smile

It's true no media player I know of use those extra images, but it would be for my own use.
I tend to change some of my art once in a while when I'm bored of it, that's why.
Maybe make it an advanced option somewhere?

But even if it falls off your priority list, no problem, ViMediaManager is awesome as it is already!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - gizmotoy - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-08, 11:09)MariusTh86 Wrote: @gizmotoy: Thank you very much for your donation!
I hope the watched state is now being saved between updates?

When selecting "Extras->Download All Missing Images" it appears to be, yes, but it hadn't completed by the time I had to go to bed last night. I'll let you know for sure this evening.

I still think there's something weird with "Fetch All Missing Metadata" with movies that already contain NFOs, have watched status, and are missing some images, but I can just avoid using that button for anything in the future.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-01-08

It just sounds really odd to me, since "Fetch All Missing Metadata" is explicitly made to skip items that already have information, leave them untouched, the only time it does something with those items, is when it re-orders the list to the selected sort order.

What setting do you have your 'Media Player' preferences on? XBMC or Boxee?

(2013-01-08, 17:47)MariusTh86 Wrote: It just sounds really odd to me, since "Fetch All Missing Metadata" is explicitly made to skip items that already have information, leave them untouched, the only time it does something with those items, is when it re-orders the list to the selected sort order.

What setting do you have your 'Media Player' preferences on? XBMC or Boxee?

What information is it looking for? Just the presence of an NFO file? Or maybe it's checking for something specific in the NFO file that XBMC changed when it exported them?

Media Player preference is set to XBMC.

It'll look for an NFO file in the directory, and if it finds one it should either set watched state to 'false' or 'true' according to info found in the NFO file, if no NFO file is found, the watched state is set to nothing: ''
And to judge whether or not a file has been watched, the latest nightly searches for the 'playcount' tag, and if the number between the tags is higher then 0, it should mark it as watched.
And for the next nightly, i'll likely include the 'watched' tag being set to either true or false as well, like it was in earlier nightly builds.

Hmm. That might be it.

I know that I upgraded to the latest nightly on 1/5, and the Dropbox nightly folder was empty but I did find it on your Mediafire folder. The next day I updated to the explicit 1/5 version I found in Dropbox. The filename just said latest, so I wasn't sure and didn't think to check the About box. Therefore, I wonder if I was actually on the previous nightly when I hit "Fetch all missing metadata." Knowing that my NFOs use playcount as the watched flag, would that make sense?

I'm not entirely convinced because the UI recognized the movies as watched before I hit "FAMM," but maybe that could be it. I'll try hitting it again when I get home and see what happens.

Whatever it is/was, it looks like the button I actually wanted was under Extras anyway, so it's not a big deal.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - mfrelink - 2013-01-11

Wow, just wow!

I just finished going through my series with ViMediaManager and although it clearly is a bit buggy (to be fair, you did state on your website it's not functional yet although I beg to differ Wink), I did manage to download all and every metadata there is and it is beautiful!
Love the "Edit Metadata Picture Browser".

Does your todo list also mentions a Music section where one could download artist metadata (htbackdrops.com / last.fm / etc)? Big Grin

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-01-11

Like hearing how much success you're having with the TV section, let me know which parts where buggy so I may try and fix them. Wink

Not currently on the planning to add music, but maybe in a far off future... possibly music videos first.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - mfrelink - 2013-01-12

Ok, to start with the most severe one, "Fetch Metadata" always results in the following error at the end of going through all episodes of the show:

Code:
Xml exception ERROR: 2
msg:XML parser error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)
Stack:

XmlDocument.LoadXml%%o<XmlDocument>s
ViMMCore.$XML2JSON%s%s
TVDBSckt.ProcessEpisodes%%o<TVDBSckt>s
TVDBSckt.GetShowNFO%%o<TVDBSckt>sb
TVCore.ShowByID%%sb
TVCore.ShowSearch%%sb
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
CooperativeThread

In turn it doesn't create a tvshow.nfo (or updates one if there is already one).
I get around this because I download my shows with SickBeard which generates a valid tvshow.nfo so I can use "Download Missing Images" which in turn downloads all metadata successfully.

Because of this I also can't batch update all my shows, except for the "Download All Missing Images".

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-01-12

Does your tv show already have preexisting episodename.nfo's?
And which shows are this happening on?

Yes they do! Wasn't even aware of it.
Should I try to delete them from one show to see if it helps?

I went ahead and deleted all the .nfo's from one show and eureka! Big Grin
It's uncanny how well it all works.

I just deleted all nfo's from my TV Shows and am now running everything so it will be busy the rest of the day.
Thanks again!

It happened on all shows I tried.