Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-22

Then you'll have to go through the list manually I'm afraid.
Building one just for ratings was outlandish enough, but it can have its uses, jumping trough those hoops again just for genres just for once is a bit much.
Besides, it would only 'add' genres that aren't available previously rather then remove them.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - einszweidrei - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-20, 00:01)MariusTh86 Wrote: I'd rather hope for having no errors that need fixing. Tongue
But when there are, I can't very well just leave 'em be!
I'm sad that I've to disappoint you: There's a index out of bounds exception if a season has more episodes than expected (by parsing tvdb) e.g. a season on tvdb has 6 episodes and there are SXXE01..SXXE07 files in a folder. If so VMM throws an exception (Out of Bounds) with a blank error window and VMM becomes unresponsive.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-23

I'm not so sure it's about having extra episodes. It currently matches tvdb episodes to local files, though you just thought me that if i did it the other way around, I may get around some current limitations i'm stumbling on...

So having more episodes can't be it, since it'll have a tvdb episode, and only after that tries to find a local file to match it, which series does this happen on? does it happen while downloading the 'Episode guide' or while processing the 'Episodes:'?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - gizmotoy - 2013-02-23

With the latest nighly (2/19), I tried having it pull data from an .m2ts I got from one of my Blu Rays. This file has DTS-HD (and consequently DTS-Core), as well as AC-3 audio tracks. As you may recall, I'm having ViMediaManager add audio codec information to my filenames. Of the three options it could have chosen, it chose AC-3. I assume this is the first listed audio track in the file, which is why it did that.

Is there any chance you could make it so that it puts the highest quality stream in the filename?

Also, now that there is a way to download trailers automatically (which works amazingly well, I might add), is there a way to have it go back and fill in what missing trailers it can? Note that a good number of my movies were first scanned by ViMediaManager before trailer information was downloaded with the movie information.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-23

I don't know how to assess which is the better quality, so it should sort them by audio track order, it does find all the available soundtracks?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - gizmotoy - 2013-02-23

I'm not sure how to tell if it's finding all of the audio tracks. The codec ordering would be something like:

DTS-HD MA / TrueHD
DTS
AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

As I typed that, though, I wonder if that Blu Ray was actually TrueHD and it's just not differentiating between standard AC3 and TrueHD like it does with DTS-HD MA and DTS. I'll get back to you. (Edit: That's what happened, I think. The movie in question was indeed a TrueHD title.)

Any suggestions on the trailer thing, though?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - einszweidrei - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-23, 00:32)MariusTh86 Wrote: I'm not so sure it's about having extra episodes. It currently matches tvdb episodes to local files, though you just thought me that if i did it the other way around, I may get around some current limitations i'm stumbling on...

So having more episodes can't be it, since it'll have a tvdb episode, and only after that tries to find a local file to match it, which series does this happen on? does it happen while downloading the 'Episode guide' or while processing the 'Episodes:'?
I accidently filed Top Gear's Middle East Special as S16E07 although it's a special and therefore should be placed in the series' season special folder. S16E07 does not exist on tvdb (Should be the cause for out of bounds error). After moving and renaming it (S00E34) VMM could process all Top Gear seasons.
Exception raises while renaming and collecting the image & nfo.

(2013-02-23, 18:54)gizmotoy Wrote: Also, now that there is a way to download trailers automatically (which works amazingly well, I might add), is there a way to have it go back and fill in what missing trailers it can? Note that a good number of my movies were first scanned by ViMediaManager before trailer information was downloaded with the movie information.

There's several ways, one is to do it manually through the 'Extras' toolbar button for each item, made easier if you 'sort by' > 'Trailers' availability, or you could go to the file menu and select 'Update' > 'All' to update all information, which includes the downloading of trailers if the auto-download option has been set to do so and the items don't have trailers yet.

(2013-02-23, 22:23)einszweidrei Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 00:32)MariusTh86 Wrote: I'm not so sure it's about having extra episodes. It currently matches tvdb episodes to local files, though you just thought me that if i did it the other way around, I may get around some current limitations i'm stumbling on...

I accidently filed Top Gear's Middle East Special as S16E07 although it's a special and therefore should be placed in the series' season special folder. S16E07 does not exist on tvdb (Should be the cause for out of bounds error). After moving and renaming it (S00E34) VMM could process all Top Gear seasons.
Exception raises while renaming and collecting the image & nfo.

So it stopped erroring after you renamed it correctly?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - einszweidrei - 2013-02-24

Yes sir

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-24

Well that's good, wonder what caused it though.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-23, 18:54)gizmotoy Wrote: Is there any chance you could make it so that it puts the highest quality stream in the filename?
I guess you're suggesting the order of quality is DTS-HD > DTS (core) > AC3/DD > AAC ?
I have seen people argue that AC3 and AAC is or can be just as good quality as DTS. Then you layer on the issue of number of channels, so it is a bit complex.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - gizmotoy - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-23, 19:13)MariusTh86 Wrote: I don't know how to assess which is the better quality, so it should sort them by audio track order, it does find all the available soundtracks?

After some investigation, it looks like whatever it's using to pull the codec information doesn't seem to fully recognize TrueHD. Verifying through XBMC, Track 1 is definitely TrueHD, Track 2 is 5.1 AC3, and Track 3 is stereo AC3. According to ViMediaManager there are only 2 audio streams, and both are plain AC3, one with 6 channels, and one with 2. I believe this is because the TrueHD track used in this case contains a 5.1 channel AC-3 core, which XBMC recognizes as a separate entity.

I tested ViMediaManager out with the Catalyst demo from here: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php
And ViMediaManager shows it as 8 channel AC-3, so it may just not be differentiating between the various AC-3 codecs like it does for the various DTS codecs. (Edit: My mistake, it looks like it doesn't differentiate between the various DTS codecs, either. It looks like the files in my library that correctly indicated DTS MA were generated with a different program. Edit 2: It correctly pulled TrueHD codec info from my 21 rip, so it does recognize it sometimes. Weird.)

Typically track order is sufficient (highest quality tracks are always first on studio Blu Rays/DVDs) to determine quality, at least for studio releases. If you need help with any of this let me know.

Also, thanks for the trailer info. I'll just run the full update and see what happens.

(2013-02-24, 00:40)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 18:54)gizmotoy Wrote: Is there any chance you could make it so that it puts the highest quality stream in the filename?
I guess you're suggesting the order of quality is DTS-HD > DTS (core) > AC3/DD > AAC ?
I have seen people argue that AC3 and AAC is or can be just as good quality as DTS. Then you layer on the issue of number of channels, so it is a bit complex.
Mainly I just forgot the slashy between DTS and AC3, and I never said anything about AAC. The max bitrate of AC3 is 640kbps, and the max bitrate of DTS is 1500kbps, though the difference is not as large as the bitrate discrepancies would make it appear. At their maximum bitrates both are quite good, but I can't say I've ever seen a comparison where AC3 won out.

For the codecs I mentioned, number of channels isn't really a complicating factor either. TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, and DTS all require a minimum of 5.1 channels. AC3 has a maximum of 5.1 channels, so you'll never find a case where AC3 would be the better choice merely because it has more channels, for example.

On top of that, studios are very deliberate in their encoding due to licensing restrictions. On DVDs with DTS, it's always the highest quality encode, which is paired with a lower quality AC3 track for compatibility. On Blu Rays, one of either DTS-HD MA/DTS, TrueHD/AC3, or raw PCM/AC3 (in the early days) is chosen as the primary/secondary track. They're never mixed, though sometimes secondary languages and commentary tracks are encoded in AC3 on DTS-HD MA discs.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - yannickrose - 2013-02-24

Marius,

I have more than 150 3D movies on my library and it would be nice if they could be recognize as 3D's on the list ?

they have .3DSBS or .3DTAB in their filenames.

Thank's

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - gizmotoy - 2013-02-24

I'm trying to do a full update of my library, as suggested. I'm getting occasional errors reaching hosts like TMDB, which halts the update until I press OK. Maybe ignore these during a full update, or present a list of them after the update is complete? This may be helpful, since based on how long it took to process and download trailers for 25 movies, I'm going to have to let it sit and work for a few days straight.

However, I've hit a more significant block. ViMediaManager seems to very much dislike something about Buried (2010). An update on this movie crashes ViMediaManager with a blank white box with a continue button. Clicking the continue button does nothing, and I get the spinning beachball of death until I force quit the app. I wiped out all of the metadata, and tried to refresh from scratch using Manual Search. Same result. Here's a screencap:

http://imgur.com/yV0Oq9B

I've seen this before, but this is the first time I've had the time to track it down to a specific movie.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - viellieb - 2013-02-24

First of all: Thanks a bunch for ViMediaManager.
made the last reason for having a PC at home obsolete.

But: I think I found a bug.
Right Clicking on a Movie and selecting "Film entfernen" (Delete Movie) crashes ViMediaManager (0.7. alpha 3)