Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-17

If you go to the "File" menu, scroll down to 'Update', there are two options.
"New Episodes" -> This updates all episodes for tv shows that have an episode without a .nfo or thumbnail image yet.
"All Episodes" - > This updates all episodes for all your tv shows.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - theowiesengrund - 2013-03-17

Oh, thanks! Haven't seen that before!

While we're at it: I still can't fetch the 2 CD movies correctly. The GB amount is correctly shown (1,47 GB for example), but ViMM always displays (and writes in the nfo) only the runtime of the first CD / part and not the total runtime.

I tried several different naming patterns like filename-cd1.avi or filename-part1.avi, but it didn't work so far.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-17

That'd probably be my fault, thanks for pointing it out, i'll see what I can do to fix it. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - theowiesengrund - 2013-03-17

Thanks!
Another question: What's the difference between the "Intel" nightly and the "Cocoa" nightly (using the Intel nightly right now)?

And another possible bug: When i klick on the Fetch Metadata button for a tv show and the manual search window comes up, it doesn't close the window itself after the fetching is completed. I think this was different before, wasn't it? (Not really a problem, but a little bit annoying)

The 'Intel' version should be the most stable one, since my developing environment's cocoa framework is still in beta and pops up some odd things every now and then, like having to keep moving the cursor every 10 or so seconds when downloading large images or trailers.

However, Cocoa is generally faster, has slightly smoother graphics (text with shadows are better) and Retina ready. ^^

I believe i've noticed that too, mostly in cases where there were no previous images available in the folder, I should have already fixed it, but it isn't currently available yet, let me know if it keeps happening after the next release. Wink.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - romtroe - 2013-03-21

I recently found the great ViMediaManager and I would like to use it for editing my film meta-tag informations. I am particularly interested in using the program for the preview of movie trailers. Unfortunately everything works pretty fine - with exception of the trailer download. Whatever I do - either entering the youtube link manually or by using the automatic search engine integrated in the media manager - I will always get an error message stating "HTTP Error: 0 occured. Unknown or Undefined. Error Code". Do I have to add an additional plugin or do I have to install some kind of download manager?

[MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - thomasbruce - 2013-03-21

Hi. I have a strenge problem. (Love the app by The way!)

One of my tv shows get it's information and artwor fine except for my episodes. It does not change file name to my setting or create nfo fils or download artwork. I have tried to remove the tv show from my tv shows folder and the app and but nothing works. It only adds the tv show information,nfo and artwork. Doesn't seem to find/know there is any episodes or season folder inside.

Any suggestions?

Thomas

Edit: using nightly build version 0.7a5c. Not sure if its intel or cocoa.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 11:02)romtroe Wrote: I recently found the great ViMediaManager and I would like to use it for editing my film meta-tag informations. I am particularly interested in using the program for the preview of movie trailers. Unfortunately everything works pretty fine - with exception of the trailer download. Whatever I do - either entering the youtube link manually or by using the automatic search engine integrated in the media manager - I will always get an error message stating "HTTP Error: 0 occured. Unknown or Undefined. Error Code". Do I have to add an additional plugin or do I have to install some kind of download manager?

It might be that youtube changed their code around, and the 'workaround' that I used got broken, i'll see if I can fix it.

(2013-03-21, 12:36)thomasbruce Wrote: Hi. I have a strenge problem. (Love the app by The way!)

One of my tv shows get it's information and artwor fine except for my episodes. It does not change file name to my setting or create nfo fils or download artwork. I have tried to remove the tv show from my tv shows folder and the app and but nothing works. It only adds the tv show information,nfo and artwork. Doesn't seem to find/know there is any episodes or season folder inside.

Any suggestions?

Thomas

Edit: using nightly build version 0.7a5c. Not sure if its intel or cocoa.

Which tv show are we talking about? Wink
Also, try downloading the recently updated nightly build from:
http://mediafire.com/vimediamanager
and check your settings to see wether ViMM is set to auto-manage your folders & files.

(the 'c' in 0.7a5c stands for cocoa)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-21

YouTube's ViMM breaking changes have been fixed in the new nightly:

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - thomasbruce - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 13:19)MariusTh86 Wrote: Which tv show are we talking about? Wink
Also, try downloading the recently updated nightly build from:
and check your settings to see wether ViMM is set to auto-manage your folders & files.

(the 'c' in 0.7a5c stands for cocoa)

The tv show I was talking about is "The Pacific"
It has one season with 10 episodes.
Yes, the preferences is set to auto-manage your folders & files.
I tried downloading the new build and tried to fetch metadata for the show I was talking about but got an error message.
Something about "a serious error....."

Runtime Exception: Nil Object Exception
Error: 0

ViMediaManager 0.7;15c / 2013-03-21T16:44:12

Machine Information:
Mac Model: MacBookPro3,1
OS Version: 10.8.2
CPU Model: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz

Settings:
Database Language: en
Retina: 1
Experimental: True

Description:

Stack:
RaiseExceptionClass
RaiseNilObjectException
TVCore.ShowStatus%%s
TVDBSckt.GetShowNFO%%o<TVDBSckt>sb
TVCore.ShowByID%%sb
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
_pthread_start

I tried it one more time after the error. This time no error, but still the same problem with the tv shows episodes.
Should i try the intel version of vimediamanager instead? Can I just drop it in my applications folder an overwrite like you do when you update or do i need to completely remove the cocoa version?

Thanks for your help!

Thomas

You might as well just overwrite it.

The error in this case would actually show up before fetching the images would occur, and a bug at setting the show's status is a little odd.
Try this build and send me the crash report by email:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5g02hzcpil8pq8v

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - thomasbruce - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 21:27)MariusTh86 Wrote: You might as well just overwrite it.

The error in this case would actually show up before fetching the images would occur, and a bug at setting the show's status is a little odd.
Try this build and send me the crash report by email:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5g02hzcpil8pq8v

Is this the newest intel version?

I installed it, but still the same problem with not creating nfo and downloading artwor for the episodes for the pacific tv show. folder structure is: The pacific - Season 01 - files (s01e01.....)
No errors, just don't want to have anything to do with that show it seems...
Going mad!!! http://forum.xbmc.org/images/icons/tongue.gif

I also have a couple of suggestions.

1, When you set it to add "year" after tv show name (folder) if the show name from thetvdb has year in it I get the year twice. Is it possible to make vimediamanager see if there is year in title and exclude/dont add it twice, and if not ad as normal?

2. I have some shows with to episodes in one file. named like this: s01e01-e01, s03e07-e08, etc... When vimediamanager changes filename and creates nfo for that file it removes the " - " and it ends up like this s01e01e02 and one nfo file with only, in this case episode 1 and not both. I also thought xvmc, plex and similar software needed the " - " between the episode number to work. Is there a way for vimediamanager to keep " - " in the name and also add the extra nfo for the second episode?

Thanks again!

T

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-22

Special intel build, just for you. ;-)

Could you make a screenshot of the show's folder in the finder and it's content, and one of the Preference window with the 'General' tab selected.

1. I may just be able to do something about that. ^^

2. For as far as I know, s01e01e02 works alright, atleast for XBMC.
There should be another <episodedetails> in the .nfo file, could you scroll down to the bottom of the file and have a look? or send the .nfo file to me.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - fma965 - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-22, 00:01)MariusTh86 Wrote: Special intel build, just for you. ;-)

Could you make a screenshot of the show's folder in the finder and it's content, and one of the Preference window with the 'General' tab selected.

1. I may just be able to do something about that. ^^

2. For as far as I know, s01e01e02 works alright, atleast for XBMC.
There should be another <episodedetails> in the .nfo file, could you scroll down to the bottom of the file and have a look? or send the .nfo file to me.

Hey it's me the guy working on easy media manager, recently i hackintoshed my pc so now i can finally test your application Smile.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-22

Sweet! Welcome to ViMediaManager! ^_^

Make sure to grab the latest nightly from: http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager
And let me know what you think of it. Wink