Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-01-16

(2013-01-16, 08:12)davilla Wrote: do the nighties show the same issue ?

Yes, I rebuilt xbmc from master. It shows the same behavior, the playback immediately stops when trying to seek.

Just in case this might be relevant:
(2013-01-10, 01:54)grouser53 Wrote: These recordings were encoded by a Hauppauge 1600 from an analog cable feed.

First it looked like an issue we had before: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1655 but this is fixed now and those problematic files work fine now for me.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - richardambridge - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-14, 22:32)cfetzer Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 10:36)richardambridge Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 22:24)cfetzer Wrote: I'd need to see the content of your mythtv channel table (for 2 channels that should be combined as one).
Did you verify that callsign and channum are the same for those channels?

Code:
mysql> select * from channel where callsign='BBC ONE';
+--------+---------+--------+----------+----------+---------+---------------------------------------------+----------+--------------+---------+-------------+----------+------------+--------+-------+----------+---------+---------------+---------------+---------+-----------+----------+-----------------+-----------------+---------------------+-------------------+------------+--------+
| chanid | channum | freqid | sourceid | callsign | name    | icon                                        | finetune | videofilters | xmltvid | recpriority | contrast | brightness | colour | hue   | tvformat | visible | outputfilters | useonairguide | mplexid | serviceid | tmoffset | atsc_major_chan | atsc_minor_chan | last_record         | default_authority | commmethod | iptvid |
+--------+---------+--------+----------+----------+---------+---------------------------------------------+----------+--------------+---------+-------------+----------+------------+--------+-------+----------+---------+---------------+---------------+---------+-----------+----------+-----------------+-----------------+---------------------+-------------------+------------+--------+
|   1001 | 1       | 24     |        1 | BBC ONE  | BBC ONE | /home/rambridg/.mythtv/channels/bbc_one.jpg |        0 |              |         |           0 |    32768 |      32768 |  32768 | 32768 |          |       1 |               |             1 |      62 |      4163 |        0 |               0 |               0 | 2013-01-08 19:55:00 | fp.bbc.co.uk      |         -2 |   NULL |
|   2001 | 1       | 24     |        2 | BBC ONE  | BBC ONE | /home/rambridg/.mythtv/channels/bbc_one.jpg |        0 |              |         |           0 |    32768 |      32768 |  32768 | 32768 |          |       1 |               |             1 |       9 |      4163 |        0 |               0 |               0 | 2013-01-07 21:00:02 | fp.bbc.co.uk      |         -2 |   NULL |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select callsign,channum,chanid,name from channel where callsign='BBC ONE';
+----------+---------+--------+---------+
| callsign | channum | chanid | name    |
| BBC ONE  | 1       |   1001 | BBC ONE |
| BBC ONE  | 1       |   2001 | BBC ONE |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks. Hm that is really strange. The addon code will only announce one channel to xbmc (if they have channum and callsign).
You should see something like this in the log: "AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: PVRClientMythTV::GetChannels - skipping channel: 2001" but I can't see it in yours.

Since some users got already tricked by the build system.
Please tripple check that you are running a freshly compiled addon. (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MythTV/BuildFromSource)
Especially the "make clean zip" is important. Also check the addon file dates.
Maybe it helps also to remove the TVx.db and EPGx.db from .xbmc/userdata/Database.

I deleted the git directory, recloned and rebuilt and readded. Also deleted Epg7.db and TV22.db
On startup the PVR client was disabled (i guess as the files were removed)
After enabling unfortunately the issue is still there.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - NewJerseyNinja - 2013-01-17

Hello,

Just a quick question here about the final Frodo Release:

Will the windows version of Frodo include the cmyth addon? It currently does not include any PVR addons. Also, which version would be released when Frodo goes final? The latest as of that day? 1.6.5.0 from a while ago?

Thanks!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - markcs - 2013-01-18

Great addon. Working really well, but I have one issue (which I have had for ages) that keeps bugging me:

I find that the channel list does not match the channel that is switched to. For example, I may choose 'Channel 1' but 'Channel x' plays instead. I then have to manually scroll through each channel to find the correct one.

I also sometimes see multiple channels with the same number:

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tdavis - 2013-01-19

Markcs, in the System->Live TV settings, uncheck 'Use backend channel numbers' and see if that helps, else check in your mythtbackend, and make sure all channel number are integers (ie, 1, 2, 3, and not 2_1, 2_2)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Calabraun - 2013-01-19

Was this particular issue ever figured out? I also have this same issue, even after upgrading to RC3. The video artifacts occur both from my windows machine and even if I run XBMC directly on the ubuntu mythtv machine locally.

Here is an image of what the video looks like : http://imgbin.org/index.php?page=image&id=11221

Thanks! -Cal

(2012-12-29, 22:13)guitarguy987 Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 01:18)janbar Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 17:42)guitarguy987 Wrote: Hi janbar,

I have just tested with Mythfrontend, and the problem does not occur. Playback of the analog SD channels is smooth.

The version I have working is very old (sorry, I'm not super familiar with git, so I'll give you the info I have on that frontend machine, not even sure if it will help, I realize it's not even running Frodo, I'm still on Eden...):
I followed the directions on page 83 of this thread:

git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git
cd xbmc
git checkout Eden-pvr

git log gives me this as the latest:
commit ca07c7de3de22d6d1243eb927ddf9fdde0dd3b4d
Author: Tonny Petersen <tsp@person.dk>
Date: Sun Jun 24 15:57:46 2012 +0200

FIX: click on recording folder would play all files instead of showing content

This is working without the glitches for me, but I do have to tune several times to the analog channels because of the ReadLiveStream: Read 0 Bytes! problem. Anyways, hope this is useful info...

Glitchy version:

XBMC 12.0-RC2 Git:8e45737 (Compiled: Dec 20 2012)

Pastebin link to the log

Let me know if you need any more info, I'll do what I can.

Thanks and happy holidays!
Hi, have you try to pause the playback few seconds (20 secs) and then play ? Is glitchy exist yet ?

Hi janbar,

So I tuned to one of the analog SD channels. When it started glitching, I paused for ~30 seconds. When I un-paused, there were a couple of glitches for ~15 seconds, then the playback was fine.

Log HERE , but there doesn't seem to be too much info in there, not sure if it'll help you out at all.

If you need me to test anything else, let me know! And thanks again for the hard work on this, it's really coming along nicely!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - markcs - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-19, 03:06)tdavis Wrote: Markcs, in the System->Live TV settings, uncheck 'Use backend channel numbers' and see if that helps, else check in your mythtbackend, and make sure all channel number are integers (ie, 1, 2, 3, and not 2_1, 2_2)

Thanks! I acutally had channels that were not assigned a channel number in MythTV backend. This is what was confusing XBMC PVR.

I deleted the channels and re-searched but then got some further backend issues with MythTV. I had to delete and re-create the Transports, re-search for channels, now all is working fine.

Thanks! Big Grin

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - guitarguy987 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-19, 18:23)Calabraun Wrote: Was this particular issue ever figured out? I also have this same issue, even after upgrading to RC3. The video artifacts occur both from my windows machine and even if I run XBMC directly on the ubuntu mythtv machine locally.

Here is an image of what the video looks like : http://imgbin.org/index.php?page=image&id=11221

Thanks! -Cal

(2012-12-29, 22:13)guitarguy987 Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 01:18)janbar Wrote: Hi, have you try to pause the playback few seconds (20 secs) and then play ? Is glitchy exist yet ?

Hi janbar,

So I tuned to one of the analog SD channels. When it started glitching, I paused for ~30 seconds. When I un-paused, there were a couple of glitches for ~15 seconds, then the playback was fine.

Log HERE , but there doesn't seem to be too much info in there, not sure if it'll help you out at all.

If you need me to test anything else, let me know! And thanks again for the hard work on this, it's really coming along nicely!

Hi Cal,

Unfortunately no, this issue was never really resolved. I did some testing with pausing for ~30 seconds or so, and sometimes the issue resolves itself after a few seconds, sometimes not. I don't often watch my analog SD channels anyways, so it's not a huge concern for me.

Although last night I was trying to watch the hockey game on an SD channel, it was constantly glitching, even with pausing, and causing clicks and pops in the audio.

If I get a chance in the next couple of days, perhaps I'll try to post another (longer) log for the devs to check.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-01-23

@guitarguy987
Addon read file stream from mythtv backend. It looks like corrupted stream. If mythfrontend can read it without the issue then this is weird. It could be a ffmpeg or mythtv filetransfer issue. The addon doesn't alter the stream between mythtv and xbmc player. It pulls and transfer it to the player. I try to check your logs. Br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-01-23

@guitarguy987

When the issue occurs let some times to record. Then stop it, and try to read it with the video player. To do this add a video source to the livetv folder of mythtv (videos->files->add source). The file looks like channelId_timestamp.mpg. Then have you the issue reading the file ?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Calabraun - 2013-01-24

If I start recording the live tv program in mythtv, and then immediately play it from xbmc via recordings instead of LiveTV, the problem still occurs. I then let the program record for several minutes before starting it on xbmc and it played fine. I then forwarded the recording as far as i could (it was still recording from livetv) and the problem showed itself again.

If I play directly from Live TV in xbmc, the problem occurs. if i hit pause for a couple minutes and then hit play, the problem will go away after a few seconds. So from all these scenarios it seems to me it just needs a pretty sizable chunk of buffered video (a lot more than mythfrontend needs)?

Maybe less of a buffer is needed than what I think. I could do several more tests.... Pause for 10 seconds, then 20, then 45, then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, and then play each time to narrow down the size of the buffer needed, if that would be helpful.

-Cal

(2013-01-23, 21:18)janbar Wrote: @guitarguy987

When the issue occurs let some times to record. Then stop it, and try to read it with the video player. To do this add a video source to the livetv folder of mythtv (videos->files->add source). The file looks like channelId_timestamp.mpg. Then have you the issue reading the file ?

UPDATE -- for the recording that I pause for several minutes and the problem went away... I kept the recording running as I was writing the previous message. And now after several more minutes of playing, the video problem returned! That I find odd, because the program has finished recording!

(2013-01-24, 20:16)Calabraun Wrote: If I start recording the live tv program in mythtv, and then immediately play it from xbmc via recordings instead of LiveTV, the problem still occurs. I then let the program record for several minutes before starting it on xbmc and it played fine. I then forwarded the recording as far as i could (it was still recording from livetv) and the problem showed itself again.

If I play directly from Live TV in xbmc, the problem occurs. if i hit pause for a couple minutes and then hit play, the problem will go away after a few seconds. So from all these scenarios it seems to me it just needs a pretty sizable chunk of buffered video (a lot more than mythfrontend needs)?

Maybe less of a buffer is needed than what I think. I could do several more tests.... Pause for 10 seconds, then 20, then 45, then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, and then play each time to narrow down the size of the buffer needed, if that would be helpful.

-Cal

(2013-01-23, 21:18)janbar Wrote: @guitarguy987

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - sfrooster - 2013-01-24

(2012-12-02, 17:09)UpgradedMR Wrote: I am using this on 2 PC's running windows 7 and 2 rasp pi's running raspbmc. Unfortunately the video freezes after a few minutes of watching on all devices. Here is the log. Thanks for all the great work guys!

09:47:09 T:4864 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: ReadLiveStream: Failed to read liveStream. Errorcode: -1!
09:47:09 T:5300 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
09:47:09 T:5300 ERROR: CDVDPlayerAudio:Big GrinecodeFrame - Decode Error. Skipping audio packet
09:47:09 T:5300 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
09:47:10 T:4864 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: ReadLiveStream: Failed to read liveStream. Errorcode: -1!
09:47:10 T:5300 ERROR: CDVDPlayerAudio:Big GrinecodeFrame - Decode Error. Skipping audio packet
09:47:10 T:4864 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: ReadLiveStream: Failed to read liveStream. Errorcode: -1!
09:47:10 T:5300 ERROR: CDVDPlayerAudio:Big GrinecodeFrame - Decode Error. Skipping audio packet
09:47:10 T:5300 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
09:47:10 T:5300 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
09:47:11 T:6432 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LiveTVChainUpdate failed on chainID: live-raspbmc-2012-12-02T14:47:04
09:47:11 T:6120 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
09:47:12 T:4864 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: ReadLiveStream: Failed to read liveStream. Errorcode: -1!
09:47:12 T:6432 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LiveTVChainUpdate failed on chainID: live-raspbmc-2012-12-02T14:47:04

Did you ever find a fix for this? I had a similar issue arise last night. A new HDHomerun Prime, ubuntu 12.04 with Myth BE .26 and xbmc Frodo RC 3. It was tuning live TV just fine and then *pop* it hung and now refuses to bring live tv from the backend with:

01:02:24 T:2909797184 NOTICE: Thread PVR GUI info updater start, auto delete: false
01:02:24 T:2901404480 NOTICE: Thread EPG updater start, auto delete: false
01:02:24 T:3045542720 NOTICE: Start - EPG thread started
01:02:24 T:3045542720 NOTICE: PVRManager - ContinueLastChannel - continue playback on channel 'KNTVDT(KNTV-DT)'
01:02:25 T:3077728064 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/374.pvr
01:02:25 T:3077728064 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:02:25 T:2893011776 NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
01:02:25 T:2893011776 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
01:02:27 T:3001023296 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LiveTVChainUpdate failed on chainID: live-tibeaux-2013-01-24
T01:02:25
01:02:57 T:2893011776 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: SpawnLiveTV - Chain update failed.
01:02:59 T:3001023296 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LiveTVChainUpdate failed on chainID: live-tibeaux-2013-01-24
T01:02:57
01:03:29 T:2893011776 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: SpawnLiveTV - Chain update failed.
01:03:29 T:2893011776 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/374.pvr]
01:03:29 T:2893011776 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
01:03:29 T:2893011776 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream

Now, to be fair, I had an issue with the first tuner on HDHR earlier in the evening (which I've taken up seperately with SD), but I'd gone back and disabled the tuner and removed it from Myth.

A-lot of moving parts, I know, but have you found what your issue was? I'm hoping it might help point me to mine...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - richardk - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-14, 22:45)richardk Wrote: Thanks so much, Christian!

I think the addon that I built from source didn't get applied when I followed the instructions and did "install from zip file" within XBMC. I manually copied the file XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr to the directory /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth.

If that was the right thing to do, perhaps the page of instructions for building from source should be updated to include that.

In any case...since doing that, I haven't been able to replicate the crash. I've tried stopping and restarting XBMC several times, including with programs recording.

Also...the addon seems *much* faster.when starting up, when switching between menus,and when exiting from a video. Before, it would sometimes hang for 3-5 minutes when first bringing up the program titles menu or when exiting after watching a program. It's working perfectly now.

If, as appears to be the case, the current version fixes all these problems, I hope it will be pushed out soon to all users. I would like to use it with OpenELEC, but I'll wait till it's updated in that distribution.

Although the latest addon version seems to have fixed the crash on Ubuntu, I'm still seeing it on OpenELEC with Raspberry Pi. (I'm also seeing 7-8 minute delays in the "loading recordings from clients" step, although this may be just a function of the Pi's relatively slow CPU.)

I'm not finding an XBMC crash log as I did with Ubuntu. If someone can point me to its location, I'll capture it. The crash is repeatable; it happens most times when XBMC starts after a boot. XBMC seems not to crash after the warm restart.

Here is the XBMC log:

http://pastebin.com/1JiEFZ9R

This is with a current (Jan. 25) nightly build of OpenELEC, which includes version 1.6.7 of the cmyth addon.

Again, let me know if I can do anything else to help with debugging.

Update: OpenELEC 2.99.2 was released today, and it includes version 1.6.7 of the addon. I tried the ION X86_64 version on the exact same hardware that I'm using with Ubuntu. Again, sluggish response (3-5 minutes for the PVR Manager to start up) and I get a crash every time after a boot. So the addon (or the PVR manager, or something) is behaving very differently on OpenELEC than on Windows or Ubuntu.

Update #2: I installed OpenELEC Generic_OSS on an older Pentium 4 laptop. The PVR Manager loads quickly, responds quickly, and no crashes.

So, in summary....

Working:

OpenELEC Generic_OSS on Intel
Windows
Ubuntu

Not working:

OpenELEC ION X64 (on AspireRevo 1600)
OpenELEC Raspberry Pi

Update #3:

I was able to replicate the crash on the 2013-01-21 nightly build of Raspbmc. So it's not specific to OpenELEC.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-25, 18:33)richardk Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 22:45)richardk Wrote: Thanks so much, Christian!

I think the addon that I built from source didn't get applied when I followed the instructions and did "install from zip file" within XBMC. I manually copied the file XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr to the directory /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth.

If that was the right thing to do, perhaps the page of instructions for building from source should be updated to include that.

In any case...since doing that, I haven't been able to replicate the crash. I've tried stopping and restarting XBMC several times, including with programs recording.

Also...the addon seems *much* faster.when starting up, when switching between menus,and when exiting from a video. Before, it would sometimes hang for 3-5 minutes when first bringing up the program titles menu or when exiting after watching a program. It's working perfectly now.

If, as appears to be the case, the current version fixes all these problems, I hope it will be pushed out soon to all users. I would like to use it with OpenELEC, but I'll wait till it's updated in that distribution.

Although the latest addon version seems to have fixed the crash on Ubuntu, I'm still seeing it on OpenELEC with Raspberry Pi. (I'm also seeing 7-8 minute delays in the "loading recordings from clients" step, although this may be just a function of the Pi's relatively slow CPU.)

I'm not finding an XBMC crash log as I did with Ubuntu. If someone can point me to its location, I'll capture it. The crash is repeatable; it happens most times when XBMC starts after a boot. XBMC seems not to crash after the warm restart.

Here is the XBMC log:

http://pastebin.com/1JiEFZ9R

This is with a current (Jan. 25) nightly build of OpenELEC, which includes version 1.6.7 of the cmyth addon.

Again, let me know if I can do anything else to help with debugging.

Update: OpenELEC 2.99.2 was released today, and it includes version 1.6.7 of the addon. I tried the ION X86_64 version on the exact same hardware that I'm using with Ubuntu. Again, sluggish response (3-5 minutes for the PVR Manager to start up) and I get a crash every time after a boot. So the addon (or the PVR manager, or something) is behaving very differently on OpenELEC than on Windows or Ubuntu.

Update #2: I installed OpenELEC Generic_OSS on an older Pentium 4 laptop. The PVR Manager loads quickly, responds quickly, and no crashes.

So, in summary....

Working:

OpenELEC Generic_OSS on Intel
Windows
Ubuntu

Not working:

OpenELEC ION X64 (on AspireRevo 1600)
OpenELEC Raspberry Pi

Update #3:

I was able to replicate the crash on the 2013-01-21 nightly build of Raspbmc. So it's not specific to OpenELEC.

We have still not released our changes (from the development repo into the official one). That's why you still see the issues in all platforms.
It only works if you build directly from the dev repository...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - richardk - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 12:06)cfetzer Wrote: We have still not released our changes (from the development repo into the official one). That's why you still see the issues in all platforms.
It only works if you build directly from the dev repository...

Ok, that makes sense. Since the version number had changed to 1.6.7, I assumed that I was getting the latest addon build.

I'd be happy to test the new version on Raspberry Pi if you can point me to instructions for building it for that platform, or a pre-built image.