Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

- tsp42 - 2011-10-14

Fiveisalive: GCC compile error should be fixed now.

- dubstar_04 - 2011-10-14

tsp42 Wrote:Fiveisalive: GCC compile error should be fixed now.

I can confirm it compiles.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

- mronkko - 2011-10-14

tsp42 Wrote:mronkko: The extra debug information can be enabled in the add-on configuration (It may require a restart of XBMC to take effect).

I did not know that I needed to restart XBMC. Here is a new log that contains the debug information. I first watch the recording for a couple of seconds and then try seeking forward.

https://gist.github.com/1286332

- stevellion - 2011-10-14

fiveisalive Wrote:Have you actually tried the "reset" option to double check?

Yep - it just clears the database on XBMC and reloads it from your backend.

tsp42 Wrote:Please let me know if you discover another way of distinguishing between tv and radio channels in the mythtv sql database so I can add it to the plugin (As I've only tested it with DVB-C).

I'm pretty sure the only way, is through the way you've implemented.

The only other possible way, I think (not being a Mythtv expert) is to use the Myth Groups - but that doesn't specifically specify Radio/TV - it just groups channels as you define (Entertainment/News/Kids) - I've never bothered to use it, but that 'could' also be an option in the Wish List, to group Live channels as per their groups in the EPG & Channel List.
(ie. just have a True/False flag to show Channels by group)

I wouldn't use it though Smile ha ha ha.

BTW - Just want to make it very clear how much I appreciate your work and really like the way this is implemented. I'd been struggling with MythBox for some time and given up as it's completely unstable against pre-eden and 0.24 MythTV. I'd switched to dtierney's myth:// video source in the xbmc master.

Now however, your pvr branch is where I'd really like to be: - for me though, it 'seems' as though some of the core XBMC isn't up to date from the xbmc/xbmc/master - with some niggly issues.

This might be a daft question...

How different is opdenkamp/xbmc/master to xbmc/xbmc/master

Is there any way the PVR stuff is going to go into Eden, or is that definitely decided to keep as a seperate branch for now?

- dodoadoodoo - 2011-10-14

tsp42 Wrote:stevellion: I will add the episode view to the Wishlist. It may take a while to implement however.

I am also looking forward to the episode view Big Grin

Keep up the fantastic work!

/D

- fiveisalive - 2011-10-14

stevellion Wrote:This might be a daft question...

How different is opdenkamp/xbmc/master to xbmc/xbmc/master

Is there any way the PVR stuff is going to go into Eden, or is that definitely decided to keep as a seperate branch for now?

Given that Eden is now feature-frozen, and that PVR is now listed as a Milestone for 12 (and not for 11):

http://trac.xbmc.org/milestone/12.0

I suspect that it's been punted on for Eden (again). Smile This is unfortunate as I noted here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83556&page=3

as I suspect there would be more focus on the feature once it's in mainline code. Surprising given that it's the number #1 most requested feature for XBMC.

- fiveisalive - 2011-10-14

tsp42 Wrote:Fiveisalive: GCC compile error should be fixed now.

Thanks all compiles for me too. (Haven't yet tested the build yet).

tsp42,

I have noticed a few issues with the addon recently, I hope to issue bug reports and what not during the weekend, before that:

Your really putting a lot of time and effort in to building the plugin and for that we thank you. There are quite a few people interested in this plugin now and i was wondering if there is anything we can do more to help you?

how best can we support the development of the plugin?

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

Issue with timers:

All the timers from 'record' in the database are shown in xbmc. however that is not all the upcoming recordings.

I have attached the following screenshots from xbmc, mythtv and the database to try and show the differences.

i can't understand where the recordings schedules are stored!!

you can also see from the images that the information for some of the recordings is presented is a strange manor!

I also have a problem when trying to skip forward on some recordings however its not happening at the moment so i can't get any debug info.

thanks,

Dubstar_04

- tsp42 - 2011-10-14

dubstar_04: Currently the add-on displays the recording rules (stored in the record table) and not the actual scheduled recordings(stored in the recordmatch table) that are scheduled based on the recording rules. This is a poor fit to the XBMC PVR framework (as can be seen by the strange presentation). After reading your post I think it will make more sense to show the actual scheduled recordings in the timers window and then add a new custom window with the recording rules accessible though the right click context menu.
Right now the best help you can give is to test the add-on and provide me with good quality bug-reports just as you do now :-)
BTW how did you get the channel icons in the add-on?

stevellion: The last merge from xbmc/xbmc/master to opdenkamp/xbmc/master occurred 19. September so any changes after this date is not included in opdenkamps fork. To bad that dushmaniac is so busy right now.

- Jimmer - 2011-10-15

tsp42 Wrote:The last merge from xbmc/xbmc/master to opdenkamp/xbmc/master occurred 19. September so any changes after this date is not included in opdenkamps fork. To bad that dushmaniac is so busy right now.

Newsflash! Dushmaniac has merged upstream-ro/master.....

hopefully this will bring the necessary fixes (ie thumbnail corruption, mysql crashes, etc)...

Jim

- dubstar_04 - 2011-10-15

tsp42 Wrote:dubstar_04: Currently the add-on displays the recording rules (stored in the record table) and not the actual scheduled recordings(stored in the recordmatch table) that are scheduled based on the recording rules. This is a poor fit to the XBMC PVR framework (as can be seen by the strange presentation). After reading your post I think it will make more sense to show the actual scheduled recordings in the timers window and then add a new custom window with the recording rules accessible though the right click context menu.
Right now the best help you can give is to test the add-on and provide me with good quality bug-reports just as you do now :-)
BTW how did you get the channel icons in the add-on?

stevellion: The last merge from xbmc/xbmc/master to opdenkamp/xbmc/master occurred 19. September so any changes after this date is not included in opdenkamps fork. To bad that dushmaniac is so busy right now.

Arrrghh!!

I stupidly decided to upgrade to ubuntu 11.10 yesterday and after 6 hours of trying to get the nvidia drivers to work with my gt430 im back to 10.10!!

back on topic...

The channel icons get pulled in from dteirneys addon and they have just stayed.

they wont be there anymore, after 4 installs of ubuntu!!

- Jimmer - 2011-10-15

dubstar_04 Wrote:Arrrghh!!

I stupidly decided to upgrade to ubuntu 11.10 yesterday and after 6 hours of trying to get the nvidia drivers to work with my gt430 im back to 10.10!!

I think Maverick will prove to be Ubuntu's windows XP. I guess that makes Natty their Vista....? Lol!