Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - smee204 - 2012-10-13

Does anyone else find that channels are shown multiple times in the channel list?
I have 4 tuners so BBC1 is in the list 4 times.
If I try to view live tv by selecting the first BBC1 it does not work, however it works if I select the second BBC1 in the list. This could be as I am recording another program so that tuner is busy.
Is there a way to only show each channel once and let mythtv select the correct tuner?

Keep up the good work!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-10-13

Pause and seek is reenabled now for recordings and livetv!

(2012-10-12, 17:09)jskube Wrote: For those who ran into the issue of not being able to fastforward, rewind, or pause their recordings I tried the suggestion for margro and edited client.cpp and changed CanPauseStream and CanSeekStream to true. Now fastforward, rewind, and pause all worked fine on my recordings. Also fastforward, rewind, and pause works quite well on livetv which was a pleasant surprise, there are some bugs but that is to be expected.

Without having tested pausing/seeking in livetv in detail. Can you describe 'some bugs' a bit more detailed? That might help us devs to look into the problems at some point. :-)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - cstrebel - 2012-10-13

Hi janbar

Would it be possible to get a toturial to build the addon from source on ubuntu 12.04. Somthing like in post 1247, including the required dependency packages? I have to build the addon to a zip file but failed. Would very much like to test the addon.

Appreciate all your work

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-13, 23:28)cstrebel Wrote: Hi janbar

Would it be possible to get a toturial to build the addon from source on ubuntu 12.04. Somthing like in post 1247, including the required dependency packages? I have to build the addon to a zip file but failed. Would very much like to test the addon.

Appreciate all your work

Yes sure. And since release 0.4.0 (today) i must to write a new tutorial for OSX. I will giving you a link to get it (probably in the XBMC wiki). I try to do it tomorrow.
(2012-10-11, 16:33)allen00se Wrote: Damn, this just makes me more frustrated since my backend server issues forced me to upgrade to 0.26. Anyone want to take a look at getting this to work with a .26 backend? I added the lines I was told to add in connection.c and now the addon will connect to my backend and grab channels and EPG, however when I try to watch liveTV it tries to tune all 4 of my tuners at once and then wont play any of them.

Be patient, I'm almost done to develop support for the 0.26...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pyrodex - 2012-10-14

Trying to build the cfetzer git with Windows 7 and Visual Studios C++ 2010 express and I am getting the following errros:

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: libcmyth, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mysqlclient.lib'
2>------ Build started: Project: pvr.mythtv.cmyth, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Users\rcrews\Documents\GitHub\xbmc-pvr-addons\project\VS2010Express\libs\libcmyth\Debug\libcmyth.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I've run the build dep script and boost/mysql downloaded but no luck. I am also trying this as stand alone.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-10-14

@pyrodex: Thanks! The linker path to the lib was wrong. It worked only if you build it within xbmc. I pushed a fix to the master branch. Can you please pull, and test if it works for you?

@cfetzer I was able to compile it now! Giving it a whirl and will report back.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - rsennewald - 2012-10-14

I tested a Windows build, built for me just fine. Awesome that there are pause / rewind / ff buttons on Live TV again although I noticed that only pause and resume works and I am not able to seek forward or backwards. I then tested against a recording, and it will seek forwards or backwards no problem so it seems to be isolated with Live TV.

Ok so I compiled and it ran fine on my development machine but when I moved it to my htpc I get the following error when trying to enable the pvr client:

Code:
16:16:54 T:3932 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
16:16:54 T:3780 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
16:16:54 T:4044 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
16:16:54 T:488 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://disabled/xbmc.pvrclient)
16:16:54 T:488 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://disabled/xbmc.pvrclient]
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.pvr)
16:16:54 T:4044 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.pvr with error 126:The specified module could not be found.
16:16:54 T:4044 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
16:16:54 T:4044 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, status = 6
16:16:54 T:4044 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, disabling it
16:16:54 T:980 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv.cmyth start, auto delete: true
16:16:54 T:3060 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
16:16:54 T:3060 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 3060 terminating
16:16:54 T:488 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------

This same machine is running the same build (10/14) as my other machine was and both are windows 7 64 bit. Not sure why this one failed but did a fresh reinstall with no profile and tried but same error. Any ideas?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - jskube - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-13, 19:00)cfetzer Wrote: Pause and seek is reenabled now for recordings and livetv!

(2012-10-12, 17:09)jskube Wrote: For those who ran into the issue of not being able to fastforward, rewind, or pause their recordings I tried the suggestion for margro and edited client.cpp and changed CanPauseStream and CanSeekStream to true. Now fastforward, rewind, and pause all worked fine on my recordings. Also fastforward, rewind, and pause works quite well on livetv which was a pleasant surprise, there are some bugs but that is to be expected.

Without having tested pausing/seeking in livetv in detail. Can you describe 'some bugs' a bit more detailed? That might help us devs to look into the problems at some point. :-)

I think some of the bugs I am seeing are more general xbmc bugs but the ones I have noticed are:

1. When you pause/fast forward/rewind live tv the timer shows the current position of live tv instead of hte position I am in on the stream. So if I pause tv, the position timer keeps going, or if I fast forward or rewind it doesn't reflect where you are in the stream but where live tv is currently at. I don't know if it is supposed to be this way or not but it seems off to me.

2. If you are fast forwarding and catch up to live tv it keeps trying to fast forward instead of stopping fast forward and start playing.

3. This isn't really related to manipulating streams but for some reason the plugin has stopped downloading most of my channel icons. The built in mythtv .jpg icons download fine but my custom icons that are .png do not download. I just move the icons into the channel cache folder and they show up fine but from time to time they disappear.

Code:
20:07:53 T:139767509350144   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: CacheFile: NULL file provided
20:07:53 T:139767509350144   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Process Caching file failed: local: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels/usa.png, remote: /mythtv/logos/usa.png, type:
20:07:53 T:139767509350144   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: CacheFile: NULL file provided
20:07:53 T:139767509350144   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Process Caching file failed: local: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels/tnt.png, remote: /mythtv/logos/tnt.png, type:

(2012-10-14, 22:19)pyrodex Wrote: Ok so I compiled and it ran fine on my development machine but when I moved it to my htpc I get the following error when trying to enable the pvr client:

Code:
16:16:54 T:3932 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
16:16:54 T:3780 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
16:16:54 T:4044 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
16:16:54 T:488 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://disabled/xbmc.pvrclient)
16:16:54 T:488 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://disabled/xbmc.pvrclient]
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
16:16:54 T:4044 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.pvr)
16:16:54 T:4044 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.pvr with error 126:The specified module could not be found.
16:16:54 T:4044 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
16:16:54 T:4044 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, status = 6
16:16:54 T:4044 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, disabling it
16:16:54 T:980 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv.cmyth start, auto delete: true
16:16:54 T:3060 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
16:16:54 T:3060 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 3060 terminating
16:16:54 T:488 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------

This same machine is running the same build (10/14) as my other machine was and both are windows 7 64 bit. Not sure why this one failed but did a fresh reinstall with no profile and tried but same error. Any ideas?

Nevermind... I rebuilt with Release and it worked on the other units.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-15

@all,

Support for MythTV 0.26 will coming soon. I resolve bug with the "delete timer" and i will commit.
br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - ross232 - 2012-10-15

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where seek / ff above 4x causes playback to stop? At 8x I get a few seconds before it drops, and at 16x it drops almost immediately.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't provide logs right now but will do so later tonight if they show anything useful.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - GregoryK - 2012-10-15

(2012-10-13, 05:02)janbar Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 04:17)GregoryK Wrote: Hello:

I was able to build the add-on on OS X Mountain Lion, and install the add-on into a fresh install of the September snapshot of Frodo. But I get a repeatable crash if I configure the add-on (e.g. add my backend IP and myth db login) and then "enable".

Restarting XBMC after the crash will cause an immediate crash again, until the add-on info is entirely removed from both /addons and /userdata

Here's the CrashReporter log in case it helps: http://pastebin.com/6Vrwtjpg

/gkk

Hi, get the last XBMC nightly build (12 october 2012) and get the last version of addon from git. It will be better. Br

Hello again, and thanks for your help. Unfortunately, now I can't build the plugin with the latest git and the 12 Oct 2012 nightly. I get errors on the ./bootstrap (pastebin here) and then on the ./configure (pastebin here)

If you have any suggestions, I would be grateful. Would really like to test PVR with my mythtv backend. Thanks for the help!

/GregoryK

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-10-15

(2012-10-15, 03:33)ross232 Wrote: Is anyone else experiencing an issue where seek / ff above 4x causes playback to stop? At 8x I get a few seconds before it drops, and at 16x it drops almost immediately.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't provide logs right now but will do so later tonight if they show anything useful.

This is a known issue in xbmc's ffmpeg.
You can try to either apply the patches here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1509 or to setup mythtranscode to automatically transcode all recordings from MPEG TS to MPEG PS (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythtranscode).

(2012-10-15, 03:39)GregoryK Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 05:02)janbar Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 04:17)GregoryK Wrote: Hello:

I was able to build the add-on on OS X Mountain Lion, and install the add-on into a fresh install of the September snapshot of Frodo. But I get a repeatable crash if I configure the add-on (e.g. add my backend IP and myth db login) and then "enable".

Restarting XBMC after the crash will cause an immediate crash again, until the add-on info is entirely removed from both /addons and /userdata

Here's the CrashReporter log in case it helps: http://pastebin.com/6Vrwtjpg

/gkk

Hi, get the last XBMC nightly build (12 october 2012) and get the last version of addon from git. It will be better. Br

Hello again, and thanks for your help. Unfortunately, now I can't build the plugin with the latest git and the 12 Oct 2012 nightly. I get errors on the ./bootstrap (pastebin here) and then on the ./configure (pastebin here)

If you have any suggestions, I would be grateful. Would really like to test PVR with my mythtv backend. Thanks for the help!

/GregoryK

This is probably due to a miss match in your autotools version. It's not related to our addon but came with a commit in opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons. For now you can remove the external ffmpeg block in configure.ac.