Kodi Community Forum
tv show next aired script - new features for skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: tv show next aired script - new features for skinners (/showthread.php?tid=111986)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- karandras24 - 2011-10-18

`Black Wrote:The format would be localized for your language, MM/DD/YY is english locale, in germany it would be DD.MM.YYYY for example.

In England (UK) we have the date the same way as germany, any chance you could make that wierd MM/DD/YY a US english thing only??

- `Black - 2011-10-18

Please try for yourself what the script does, I don't know what python does if you have english (uk). Smile
Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with python 2.6 and OS X so localization will work on Windows (didn't test Linux) only... so on OS X it's MM/DD/YY for everyone.

script.tv.show.next.aired-4.1.zip

Changelog:
  • Added canceled show info
  • Added localization for date formats
  • Added date properties for each weekday
  • Added rescan option in the addon settings
  • Added force attribute, you can run the script with force="true" and it will be updated every time
  • TV guide is now showing shows running in the current week only
New window properties are:
Code:
Window(Home).Property(NextAired.TodayDate)
Window(Home).Property(NextAired.1.Date)
[...]
Window(Home).Property(NextAired.7.Date)

One thing to the dates... tv guide will only show the current day and days in the future, so e.g. today (tuesday) is 10/18/11 and monday will be 10/24/11 then.

If you have any problems, please post a debug log!

- ronie - 2011-10-18

`Black Wrote:didn't test Linux

testing as we speak. ;-)

great work on all the updates!

- eddiem - 2011-10-19

Just updated via SVN and
English/strings.xml
is German.

- `Black - 2011-10-19

Well, that would be my fault. Big Grin It's fixed.

- karandras24 - 2011-10-19

V4.1 doesn't install for me black, just says the addon doesn't have the correct structure.

I'm using a windoze nightly build if that makes a difference.

- ronie - 2011-10-19

karandras24 Wrote:V4.1 doesn't install for me black, just says the addon doesn't have the correct structure.

give this one a shot:
script.tv.show.next.aired-4.1.0.zip

- karandras24 - 2011-10-19

ronie Wrote:give this one a shot:

Cheers Ronnie, works perfectly!!!

Even give the dates in the correct UK english format of DD/MM/YY.

Thanks again for all your hard work guys.

feature - cruzannavy - 2011-10-24

Sharpe Wrote:/Appreciate that ronie thanks

I'm thinking just some sort of only display if that particular script item number is airing today condition would do for now. (like it how it used to work below).

Code:
<visible>substring(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.1.Today),true)</visible>

Anyway - no worries.

Is this going to be re-added to the script? i also used this feature to display what was showing today on my home screen as a widget , kinda like where the recently added movies and tv shows were, i had it there and they would appear on focus over my custom home item TV guide before having to actually go into it to see what was just showing tonight vice the rest of the week... any help or work around to get this to work again?

- ronie - 2011-10-24

cruzannavy Wrote:Is this going to be re-added to the script? i also used this feature to display what was showing today on my home screen as a widget , kinda like where the recently added movies and tv shows were, i had it there and they would appear on focus over my custom home item TV guide before having to actually go into it to see what was just showing tonight vice the rest of the week... any help or work around to get this to work again?

mind testing the latest beta?

- cruzannavy - 2011-10-24

sure i , havent modified that part of my skin yet . so in theory this should work now?

- ronie - 2011-10-24

cruzannavy Wrote:sure i , havent modified that part of my skin yet . so in theory this should work now?

if it worked before, it should still work now.

basically, no functionality has been removed from the script
only some new options where added.

but obviously we broke a few bits and pieces in the progress,
they all should be fixed again in the version i've posted above. :-)

- cruzannavy - 2011-10-25

Works! well from first observations, the home screen items reappeared. Thanks! ill see if i encounter any errors ,but so far so good.

- User 55003 - 2011-10-25

Hi ronie, I've got a problem with the latest beta version in regards to the MyVideoNav.xml code.
The NextAired info is returned for all focussed listitems, regardless of the !IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Label)) visible condition.
It works as it should in the stable repo version.

If you need more info, screenshot/includes code/debug, let me know.

- `Black - 2011-10-25

Use !IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate)) now as info is available for canceled shows as well.