Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2013-02-23

I've submitted a new pull which should sort the issue.

Nps vanous, thanks for the translation Smile Still waiting for the Transifex XBMC plurals support so if anyone else wants to do any languages use the english.po and make a PO which I can convert to the JSON format.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - dragner - 2013-02-23

Hi, Im having the same troubles than hollander, sometimes controls works and sometimes no, Im using XBMCbuntu Frodo 12.0 nvidia edition. All other things work perfect but I cant see what is now playing and cant stop the video.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2013-02-23

@dragner if I can't replicate the problem it's very hard to find the cause. If you are capable you'll need to do some DIY debugging. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:AWXi#Problems.2FDebugging I would check the console in your browser for errors and to see if the command is sent. I would also check the xbmc.log (in debug mode) to see if when you press play/pause etc. it shows in the log. If you want to tell me the browser you use I can be more specific.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - dragner - 2013-02-23

I will try to debug later, than you for anwser ! My browser is Chrome and the Android default one, in both i had problems, especially on Android.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Locobax - 2013-03-01

That fix and the new release solved the problem of getting stuck at "initialise XBMC-lib", but now the remote and buttons element looks like this:

What's up?

Tested on Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - vanous - 2013-03-04

hi all, I am having troubles with playing the playlists controlled from awxi. After pressing button "Play" the playlist it only says "Adding to the playlist" instead of playing the playlist. Do you have the same or different experience, please? I have tried chrome, firefox, safari browser.

I have also customized for myself few icons (own ones) and css styles as I am using Ipad and kiosk pro lite browser for control of my xbmc (in order to have full screen mode and bigger area for touching the screen). Mizaki, hopefully you would be Ok with that. I would not like to do anything you do not agree with. In case there will be an interest I can share that and make that public.

Can you also please help, how to make funart enabled by default? The kiosk browser in full screen mode does not support reload after setting that in awxi setup page and I would need to set that to default. I have tried modified general setting in awx.js, but it was not enough..

thnx a lot for help, vanous.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - bromi - 2013-03-05

Hello!
I had an experience of using your great addon on XBMC 11.
Now i'm trying a frodo version.
1) The strange moment is i can't start play from the same computer where XBMC installed. The webinterface is there, and i can see files, playlists, and even add files to playlist. But when i press play it just keeps 'playing x' popup on screen and nothing happens.
In the same configuration i can start playing from ANOTHER computer.

I'm connecting through local ip address:port (not localhost) if that would help.

Can you help me troubleshoot this?

2) Also, sometimes when i click through playlist from another computer i get system menu appear on controlled one. Still didn't got a system.

3) And last, is there any way to preview video thumbnails from controlled xmbc on web-interface?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-10

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Frodo rc2.99 - before I was using Eden. As before, I used AWXI as a web interface but things are quite different :

Before it started in tv shows but now it starts showing 5 folders - abc, recently added, genres, years and tags. Is it possible to start in "abc" ? If yes, how ? Confused

All my tv shows are in format show_title>season_subfolder>xx - ep_title.ext - this worked fine before but now it is not reading the subfolders. I know it says to use a different naming structure but this worked fine before...any thoughts ? Confused

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-10, 19:45)oggie62 Wrote: Hi all,

I just upgraded to Frodo rc2.99 - before I was using Eden. As before, I used AWXI as a web interface but things are quite different :

Before it started in tv shows but now it starts showing 5 folders - abc, recently added, genres, years and tags. Is it possible to start in "abc" ? If yes, how ? Confused

All my tv shows are in format show_title>season_subfolder>xx - ep_title.ext - this worked fine before but now it is not reading the subfolders. I know it says to use a different naming structure but this worked fine before...any thoughts ? Confused

Me again Big Grin

I haven't solved the first problem but solved the second Cool Actually I didn't solve anything - I remembered that on old installation I had advancedsettings.xml. This file IS NOT written by XBMC but I should have copied it and put it in the userdata folder. Since I had forgotten about it, a search and some reading soon found what I had.

By what I read most people rename files in a format understood by XBMC without any advancedsettings.xml file....isn't every season in it's own folder and each episode numbered a more logical structure ?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Locobax - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-01, 01:05)Locobax Wrote: That fix and the new release solved the problem of getting stuck at "initialise XBMC-lib", but now the remote and buttons element looks like this:

What's up?

Tested on Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

Bumping, can I get an answer on this?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-12

When I start Webinterface, I get an error saying "failed to find any items!" - below is a screenshot and message is circled in red :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/20130312145848.jpg/

Any idea what it is ?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-13

Another question :

If a movie is partially or fully watched, I cannot watch it again or resume it. Pressing "play" simply does nothing...why ?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - DrScott - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-13, 18:19)oggie62 Wrote: If a movie is partially or fully watched, I cannot watch it again or resume it. Pressing "play" simply does nothing...why ?

I observe exactly the same.
The problem seems to be in .xbmc/addons/webinterface.awxi/js/ui.views.js around line 731:

Code:
//has resume point?
          if (movieinfo.resume.position > 0) {
            var resumeMins = movieinfo.resume.position/60;

uiviews.MovieInfo({IdMovie: movieID, Inline: false}, function(mPage) {
              if (mPage != '') {
                mPage.last().append('<div class="movieinfo"><span class="resume">' + '<a class="resume" href="">' + mkf.lang.get('Resume from:', 'Label') + Math.floor(resumeMins) + ' ' + mkf.lang.get('minutes', 'Label') + '</a></span></div></div>' +
                  '<div class="movieinfo"><span class="resume">' + '<a class="beginning" href="">' + mkf.lang.get('Play from beginning', 'Label') + '</a>' + '</span></div></div></p>');
                $(mPage).find('a.beginning').on('click', playStart);
                $(mPage).find('a.resume').on('click', playResume);.
                mkf.dialog.setContent(dialogHandle, mPage)
              } else {
                mkf.dialog.setContent(dialogHandle, mkf.lang.get('Failed to retrieve information!', 'Popup message')).
              };
            });
          } else {
            playStart();
          };

The code which should render the htmlcode to chose between "Resume from ..." or "Play from beginning" gets executed, but actually it is not rendered. As a temporary fix you can change the line
Code:
to
Code:
if (movieinfo.resume.position > 0 && false) {

This disables the resume functionality, but at least you're able to watch your movies again. Don't forget to clear your browser's cache.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 15:49)DrScott Wrote: The code which should render the htmlcode to chose between "Resume from ..." or "Play from beginning" gets executed, but actually it is not rendered. As a temporary fix you can change the line
Code:
to
Code:
if (movieinfo.resume.position > 0 && false) {

This disables the resume functionality, but at least you're able to watch your movies again. Don't forget to clear your browser's cache.

Interesting....but how ? I can change the code with Firebug but that would be effective on the code running on my computer....the developer would have to change it in the source code...or not ? HuhHuh

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - DrScott - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-14, 18:45)oggie62 Wrote: Interesting....but how ? I can change the code with Firebug but that would be effective on the code running on my computer....the developer would have to change it in the source code...or not ? HuhHuh
You can do it yourself, if you mange to find the file in your xbmc installation. You can try something like

Code:
find /path/of/xbmc_install -name 'ui.views.js'

on a raspberry pi with raspbmc this would be
Code:
find /home/pi -name 'ui.views.js'