Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2015-04-27

Latest git has a workaround for the order problem. Give it a go. Also, are all the songs in the m3u in Kodi (scraped)? I'm not sure what type they come out as so may not be added.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - sy278 - 2015-04-28

Hi, Since update of AWXi to 7.3 and 7.4 I get continual websocket errors. Reverting to 7.2 in Addon Rollback resolves this. Can anyone advise what changed that causes this and when will it be fixed?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2015-04-28

They are not "new", it's just you didn't know about them before. Do you have "Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi" on? It should try 5 times then give up. Do you really mean continual? It never stops?

Hi Mizaki,

I didn't say they were new. I am very aware of the updates and yes it just keeps trying over an over, it is the same on all four devices that I have that use AWXi and I have verified that "Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi" is set to on. This Add-on has worked for me for a long time. I have seen the same issues that others have seen in the thread about this issue and like them it works after browser cache has been cleared, but only on the first access after the cache is cleared. The issue then returns. Rolling back the version of the addon to 7.2 fixes it completely for me.

I see it now. Odd as I tested this quite thoroughly. You do have a problem with your websockets though as it's not available.

Not sure that's the case though as I use a lot of saved json calls, saved as urls, to trigger things like library updates, library clean and to display messages as pop-ups on screen and these all work flawlessly.

I've fixed it my end (not on git yet).

Those things are done by HTTP (can be done via websocket as well) which is why they work. AWXi uses a websocket for notifications (when something has changed in Kodi, like the player starting).

If anyone wants to fix their version for now, remove the code for ws.onerror (around line 3809) in lib.xbmc.js.

Great thanks, can you advise when this will go to the repository?

The official one? Next week maybe.

Great thanks for the help.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - fuggin - 2015-04-29

(2015-04-27, 01:20)Mizaki Wrote: Latest git has a workaround for the order problem. Give it a go. Also, are all the songs in the m3u in Kodi (scraped)? I'm not sure what type they come out as so may not be added.
Thanks, your workaround works like a charm. All songs are scanned into the library and selected from the library (not Files) when creating a playlist with the "New playlist" control. Cheers.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2015-05-01

Live on git:
Controller and input key options (someone will hopefully be happy Wink)
Fix for polling fallback.
Some improvements for polling (a refactor is needed tbh).

Function wise I'm planning on making this the next release for the official repo so some testing would be helpful.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - fuggin - 2015-05-01

(2015-05-01, 01:18)Mizaki Wrote: Function wise I'm planning on making this the next release for the official repo so some testing would be helpful.
First impressions look good. I like how you've implemented the Control Keys and they work well.

Unsure if related, but sql query retrieval speed is faster. My mysql audio library has over 28k songs and when clicking the Songs / Titles link, page 1 is displayed in under 3 seconds over WiFi. Previously this took forever and often got the "Page Unresponsive" dialogue from Chromium.

Haven't been able to break anything yet.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2015-05-01

Good to hear.

There should be no reason why anything will be faster. It usually comes down to the machine running Kodi. AWXi only requests the number set (default: 25) and just waits for the response. The difference for me between 25 and 999 is only 30ms but then Kodi is running on an i7 950 Smile

I just noticed. There is no sorting options on songs. No one has ever mentioned it, would it be useful?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - tuxfuxch - 2015-05-13

Hey Mizaki,

i finished my work on the iso list for language codes. here is the json list:
https://github.com/tuxfuxch/yarc/blob/master/scripts/langCodeToDescFlag.js

feel free to implement it, if you like.

what i did: i took the iso standard and built on it my own content. it is not the iso standard anymore! it's more like a code to desciption converter.

the attribute flag is to point to the flags. you can remove them, since i am pretty sure you don't want them. if you want to use them: it's a lot of data, but all the flags in images/flags are public domain or cc (see the text file for the cc licenses). if you prefer svg, i have them, local on my pc. i can provide them.

all information i added is from wikipedia. i hope it's all right. i did not have for all a native description. in that case i took english.

the commentaries can help to decide relevance, in case you don't want all of them.

my recommendation if you want to use it: get rid of "english" and "flag" attributes, remove commentaries and just convert the language info you write out with the native one, if there is any.

hope i can give something back this way for all the work you do here in the forum, and hope the hours i spent with this can be used elsewhere...