Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - jerryw - 2012-07-17

(2012-07-17, 18:57)krish_2k4 Wrote: I realise the CP module is still being worked on but is it possible to show an IMDB link for movies just like the SickBeard module shows the TVDB link for tv shows.

You can find the IMDB link when you click on a movie you added. Look to the right-hand side of the CP module. It is next to the delete and refresh buttons.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-07-17

One interesting addition to the couchpotato module would be a trailer button within the movie info that will create an overlay and play the imdb trailer for it, or maybe even ask if it should send the trailer to xbmc?

Just a thought!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-17, 22:09)jerryw Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 18:57)krish_2k4 Wrote: I realise the CP module is still being worked on but is it possible to show an IMDB link for movies just like the SickBeard module shows the TVDB link for tv shows.

You can find the IMDB link when you click on a movie you added. Look to the right-hand side of the CP module. It is next to the delete and refresh buttons.

Not only that but if you click on the image of a wanted movie you will reveal a super secret menu ... Tongue

(2012-07-17, 22:52)skabyss Wrote: One interesting addition to the couchpotato module would be a trailer button within the movie info that will create an overlay and play the imdb trailer for it, or maybe even ask if it should send the trailer to xbmc?

Just a thought!

Definitely worth looking into...
(2012-07-17, 12:47)Shaolin Wrote: Sorry, my time was limited yesterday, didn't have any time for a full explanation. My niece is leaving for a gap year to the US and it was also her 18th yesterday so we had the mother of all send off's and I am now experiencing the mother of all hangovers!

Movie I clicked was Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, then the module disappeared and didn't come back till browser refresh. I cant find a CP.log file anywhere and I cant highlight the logs direct from within the module and paste them in here. It wont allow highlighting.

The "Add New Show to Couchpotato" is the Alt text for the " + " button.

EDIT:

I just transcribed a portion of the errors in the log inside the CP module. There are 2 errors which repeat:

Code:
ERROR [31mhpotato.core.plugins.base] failed opening url in Newzbin: https://big_ass_url_here
File “C:\HTPC-Apps\CouchPotatoServer\couchpotato\core\plugins\base.py”, line 141, in url open
Response = urllib2.urlopen(request, timeout = timeout)

URLError: <urlopen error The read operation timed out>

It isn't just Newzbin url's failing, also NZBClub and Newznab (dognzb) failing for me.

and also:

Code:
HTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

EDIT2:

Screen capture:

I also forgot to say excellent work and thanks for making this module, so I am rectifying that mistake now. Excellent work as usual, I'm positive you'll get to the bottom of this mystery and thanks again!

"Add movie to cp" is now fixed and so is the vanishing effect I hope. Also, when I mention the log for a module I mean maraschino's log. All modules log to the same file, however, since logging was introduced at a later stage in maraschino, not all modules have been updated with good logging. I can assure you tho that both CP and HP modules have a pretty decent amount of logging since they were made recently and will log almost all errors if one does happen.

The error you see with timeouts and such are internal CP errors and you are better off taking them straight to the CP crew since there is not much we can help you with here.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-07-18

Vanishing issue now resolved, everything working flawlessly on my system! Thanks for looking into the problem (whatever it was).

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - schumi2004 - 2012-07-19

Noticed some strange behavior lately. When opening right top menu were you can configure servers and search settings i can't access Manage and Server settings/submenu's when there is a addon behind it.
I first need to remove addons and after that i can access all menu's. The browser i'm using is Chrome.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - SlackMaster - 2012-07-19

I'm also using Chrome, haven't had that issue, but for some reason when I click on the links to open applications, it opens them in the current tab rather than in a new tab even though I have set the option for a new tab.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - josh4trunks - 2012-07-19

Thanks for such a wonderful program, maraschino really brings together the home media experience and is a great landing page to manage your home media collection. Here's a youtube video I filmed on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djFZZSqbkHY

I am putting together some usenet plugins for FreeNAS (based off of FreeBSD 8.2), they're failry close to being point and click (no command line needed to install / run). I am not using the init script you provided but have generally the same thing in mine.
http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?6221-sabnzbd-sickbeard-couchpotato-pbi-s

I MAY BE CONFIRMING THE BUG FROM POST 1830
I am not able to set the port from the gui. The settings says the new port even after a shutdown + startup of marachino but it continues to run on port 7000 if I don't specify anything in the startup command. This is both in daemon mode, and just running it directly from the command line (where I can CTR+C out of it). Specifying the port in the startup command does work, but then the gui setting seems to be useless. I will end up just specifying a config file (similar to what you guys did), though this makes this program not completely commandline avaidable for the FreeNAS plugins I am putting together, until the port can be configured from the gui, or I make a way to edit the config file from the FreeNAS gui.

A PLEA FOR COMMANDLINE SHUTDOWN
I would also love a commandline way to shutdown maraschino, currently my init sends a 'kill' but I would love if I had a link to fetch, couchpotato even has a shiny api for shutdown now.

Thanks again for the wonderful program!

Re: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-07-20

Ip:port/shutdown or ip:port/.hr/shutdown
Just wget those addresses
/xhr/shutdown...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-07-20

Thanks for being so on top of updating the couchpotato and headphones modules! I noticed they support https now, does cpotatov2 or headphones even support https yet? Big Grin

Re: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-07-20

Not that I know of, but it's needed for the guys running their own secure proxy.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gman3042 - 2012-07-20

i get an error that for recently added episodes that there was a problem connecting to the xbmc server.. but for recently added movies.. it shows just fine.. any ideas?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-07-20

Check your sources are available to XBMC - especially if they are mounted drives.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gman3042 - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 04:46)DejaVu Wrote: Check your sources are available to XBMC - especially if they are mounted drives.

they are both on the same share.. an external drive.. recent movies are shown just fine..recent tv shows wont show.. i even deleted the maraschino.db file and it still has issues

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 04:50)gman3042 Wrote:
(2012-07-20, 04:46)DejaVu Wrote: Check your sources are available to XBMC - especially if they are mounted drives.

they are both on the same share.. an external drive.. recent movies are shown just fine..recent tv shows wont show.. i even deleted the maraschino.db file and it still has issues

Do the episodes show on XBMC itself? The info is fetched straight from there and it would only fail if the address is unreachable (which is probable not the case, since movies work) or if there is nothing to display or maybe even a weird character in the episodes?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 03:14)gman3042 Wrote: i get an error that for recently added episodes that there was a problem connecting to the xbmc server.. but for recently added movies.. it shows just fine.. any ideas?

AFAIK this will only happen if there are no tvshows in the xbmc database, even if your mount/share/drive is not connected they will still be stored in the xbmc database and show up in Maraschino

EDIT: gugahoi's theory of the weird characters may be plausable too.