Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Mspec - 2012-11-08

Just wondering if there could be any possibility of a future development of a module for NzbDrone , I have swapped over to it from sick beard and one thing that is missing is a module for it in Maraschino.

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 13:39)pettergulbra Wrote: hellow:
Thanks for the info. But still this tool is great. I think I will be using it.
The bad thing is that XBMC have to be running as a program in windows..
But that is an XBMC problem..

For the other thing, you mention trakt.tv, what others are there? (I know of www.mymediadb.org, but is verry closed, or verry open)
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, :-(

It's is what you want it to be.

Try to look up my profile:

http://trakt.tv/user/hellow

(2012-11-08, 15:10)Mspec Wrote: Just wondering if there could be any possibility of a future development of a module for NzbDrone , I have swapped over to it from sick beard and one thing that is missing is a module for it in Maraschino.

I'm just wondering what made you switch? What's better with nzbdrone?

It would have been cool to have both, but most of the time ppl devs only make what they need them self and are nice enuff to release it to all users.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Mspec - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 16:11)hellow Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 13:39)pettergulbra Wrote: hellow:
Thanks for the info. But still this tool is great. I think I will be using it.
The bad thing is that XBMC have to be running as a program in windows..
But that is an XBMC problem..

For the other thing, you mention trakt.tv, what others are there? (I know of www.mymediadb.org, but is verry closed, or verry open)
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, :-(

It's is what you want it to be.

(2012-11-08, 15:10)Mspec Wrote: Just wondering if there could be any possibility of a future development of a module for NzbDrone , I have swapped over to it from sick beard and one thing that is missing is a module for it in Maraschino.

It would have been cool to have both, but most of the time ppl devs only make what they need them self and are nice enuff to release it to all users.

I just like the way it works over sick beard , It seems a lot faster and development is current and ongoing. Its native windows as well and since I have everything running under windows just makes it that little bit easier. For me nzbdrone just feels snappier and I like the way it feels and works. Its just my personal choice really and I think its a case of people trying it out and if they like it great if not then fair enough.

I agree these come from the need of people that develop them , Sadly I am old and not very techy and rely on these people lol.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pettergulbra - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 16:11)hellow Wrote: It's is what you want it to be.

[quote='Mspec' pid='1233436' dateline='1352380215']

OK, I can see it locked. That`s nice, but that means that everybody that I want to see my list of movies and TV shows have to make an account and stuff?

Is there any other possibilities? I can make my computer run as an server, and serve this out my self. Show of my movie collection...

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 18:46)pettergulbra Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 16:11)hellow Wrote: It's is what you want it to be.

[quote='Mspec' pid='1233436' dateline='1352380215']

OK, I can see it locked. That`s nice, but that means that everybody that I want to see my list of movies and TV shows have to make an account and stuff?

Is there any other possibilities? I can make my computer run as an server, and serve this out my self. Show of my movie collection...

Yes they do. Not that I know off. You can port forward sickbeard and cp, but again.. Then they have control so they can add movies/shows.

You can also make a FTP server and make a read only account. But I think that is ugly. But seriously how many are you gonna show off your collection to? It takes like 1 min to register on trakt and you have to accept there friends account. I think that is the best solution but it's a matter of opinion.

If I was in your shoes I would just use a open account, but not write anything in the profile. That way all can see your collection but no one know who's it is. And you can pass the link to the ppl your wanna share your collection with.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pettergulbra - 2012-11-08

hellow:
When you say it that way, I think I just have to agree with you.
There isn`t that many that`s is going to watch..

But it would had bean a little fun to had it on my own server instead... But thats another story..
Thanks for the help! :-)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-11-08

This is getting seriously off topic, but here is a server based solution.. http://www.mollify.org/

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-11-09

Mollify is a pig to setup IMO. I tried it a while back and following the configuration guide doesn't seem to work properly.
Lots of people complaining about it on their Google Page.

Any who, bringing this thread kicking and screaming back on topic, I'm in the process of making a Help section on Maraschino and would love for others that are in the know to lend a hand.
I want to document every module, every feature and put all of Maraschino's various internet locations all in one place...

You can checkout the progress so far here
https://github.com/DejaVu/maraschino/tree/Maraschino-Help

and any pull requests with more information I can use would be appreciated - it's feeling like a long winded process, but will be well worth it in the end to stop some repetitive questions popping up here and on Maraschinproject Forums.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pettergulbra - 2012-11-09

Mollify looks like it is just and web file browser, and that I think is for something else.

I think I lye this thing almost dead.

Thanks for every answer and all help I have received.

Thumbs up for you guys!!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gotoman00 - 2012-11-10

not sure if there are any people involved that handle android, but boy an app of just widgets that worked off the widgets running on maraschino on your htpc would be pretty sick Cool

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-10, 22:28)gotoman00 Wrote: not sure if there are any people involved that handle android, but boy an app of just widgets that worked off the widgets running on maraschino on your htpc would be pretty sick Cool

Have you tried using Maraschino's mobile interface? If not goto maraschinoip:port/mobile/

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-08, 16:34)Mspec Wrote:

I just like the way it works over sick beard , It seems a lot faster and development is current and ongoing. Its native windows as well and since I have everything running under windows just makes it that little bit easier. For me nzbdrone just feels snappier and I like the way it feels and works. Its just my personal choice really and I think its a case of people trying it out and if they like it great if not then fair enough.

I agree these come from the need of people that develop them , Sadly I am old and not very techy and rely on these people lol.

Thats is all fair enough but the fact that it is windows only make us want it less. A lot of us have different OS's where we want these softwares to run so using programs that run on a single OS is terrible for us. Furthermore I believe NZBDrone has no API (correct me if am wrong) as of yet which make our work much harder since we would need to parse the pages themselves and fiddle around for what we need, not very efficient.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - argofanatic - 2012-11-16

Hi, I'm trying to install but cannot "git" from github. I keep being prompted for a username and password ?
Running ubuntu server 12.

Thanks.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-11-17

(2012-11-16, 18:05)argofanatic Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to install but cannot "git" from github. I keep being prompted for a username and password ?
Running ubuntu server 12.

Thanks.

That sounds like a git settings problem. Anyhow, which link are you using? I would try:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino.git

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - argofanatic - 2012-11-17

Thanks for the response.

The solution to the problem was behind the keyboard!
It really helps if you spell maraschino correcly !

Blush