Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- pecinko - 2011-11-25

bluedevil229 Wrote:Speaking of Plex...has antone tried to replicate its skin in xbmc? I think it looks really professional. I'd actually be using Plexif it's server software wasn't so awful and slow. I love this skin..

We are actually not talking about Plex in this thread at all, but about certain functionality.

Feel free to open a new thread and propose it there. Some of the skinners may be interested.

EDIT: I see that you actually did. Please, do not thread jack and crosspost.

- Martijn - 2011-11-27

@ronie

Could it be that the script doesn't handle specials?
I've watched all regular episode and still have some specials left to watch.
I've just watched the first special and the second one doesn't appear in the watchlist

- ronie - 2011-11-27

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Could it be that the script doesn't handle specials?
I've watched all regular episode and still have some specials left to watch.
I've just watched the first special and the second one doesn't appear in the watchlist

not especially specials, but i did find a bug that caused some episodes not to be added to the watchlist.

also fixed the crash when user doesn't have a music db.

script.watchlist-0.1.5.zip

- Hitcher - 2011-11-27

ronie Wrote:impossible!!! ;-)

which one return episode thumbs, WatchList_Episode.%d.TvshowThumb or WatchList_Episode.%d.SeasonThumb ?

Debug Log won't do me any good, since the script hardly logs anything.

Hitcher Wrote:Happened with a different show now but I've tracked the problem down.

It only occurs if the season thumb isn't set by XBMC for whatever reason (not available on tvdb at the time of initial scrape?).

Hope that helps.

Any thoughts?

- BigNoid - 2011-11-27

Hitcher Wrote:Any thoughts?

If you have it coded like this:
Code:
<icon>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.Thumb)]</icon>
          <thumb>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.SeasonThumb)]</thumb>

and are using ListItem.Icon it will load seasonthumb first and if empty load the thumb.

I'm using it like this and it works perfect for fallback to tvshowthumb if seasonthumb is unavailable (mostly with 1 season shows):
Code:
<icon>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.TvshowThumb)]</icon>

- Hitcher - 2011-11-27

Big_Noid Wrote:If you have it coded like this:
Code:
<icon>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.Thumb)]</icon>

and are using ListItem.Icon it will load seasonthumb first and if empty load the thumb.

I'm using it like this and it works perfect for fallback to tvshowthumb if seasonthumb is unavailable (mostly with 1 season shows):
Code:
<icon>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.TvshowThumb)]</icon>

I was about to post that I use TvshowThumb for the icon control as a fallback for the SeasonThumb I thought I better just double check my code - turns out I added an extra set of items to the list I went and used WatchList_Episode.%d.Thumb by mistake.

Sorry for the trouble ronie.

- pecinko - 2011-11-27

I really think fallbacks should be solved on script side, but I can add it like this if it won't.

Ronie, what do you think?

- ronie - 2011-11-27

Hitcher Wrote:Sorry for the trouble ronie.

no problem, i was reasonably sure this wasn't a script issue.

- ronie - 2011-11-27

pecinko Wrote:I really think fallbacks should be solved on script side, but I can add it like this if it won't.

i think skinners should be free to choose if/how they want to handle fallbacks.
i don't believe the script should dictate it.

- Hitcher - 2011-11-27

pecinko Wrote:I really think fallbacks should be solved on script side, but I can add it like this if it won't.

I actually use two fallbacks -

PHP Code:
<icon fallback="DefaultTVShows.png">$INFO[Window.Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.TvshowThumb)]</icon>
<
thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.SeasonThumb)]</thumb

- Hitcher - 2011-11-27

Has anyone come up with a way of only running this if either database has been updated?

- pecinko - 2011-11-27

For what it's worth I run it on myvideonav unload and startup

- BigNoid - 2011-11-27

Hitcher Wrote:Has anyone come up with a way of only running this if either database has been updated?

You can run it on unload in DialogVideoScan en DialogMusicScan.

EDIT: nvm that doesn't help with playcount of course

- Hitcher - 2011-11-27

pecinko Wrote:For what it's worth I run it on myvideonav unload and startup

Big_Noid Wrote:You can run it on unload in DialogVideoScan en DialogMusicScan.

EDIT: nvm that doesn't help with playcount of course

Neither way is foolproof though.

StartUp - fails if XBMC always on
MyVideoNav - fails if played directly from Home
DialogVideoScan & DialogMusicScan - fails if they're hidden

- Martijn - 2011-11-27

Could it be when unloading VideoFullScreen.xml ?