Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- GJones - 2012-02-08

Forgive me, this may be a stupid question.

I wondered if it would be possible to build a video add-on to expose the watchlist (in segments) as a separate list. I'm not asking how, just if I would be able to reference them in the add-on without issues.

This would allow use of the list without waiting for the skin to cycle through its display, etc.

- `Black - 2012-02-08

akuiraz Wrote:+1 on that thought... watchlist is great for saving time navigating through library to find my shows. however it is moot point after watching an episode and the next episode hasnt updated, so i have to navigate to the tv show location anyways to get the next episode. would like to see this soon

This is already possible, just use the latest version of the script. It updates instantaneous. If not, post a debug log.

- skimshady - 2012-02-09

it is actually working now for the moment... But it seems to be some unstability to it.

- Therms - 2012-02-12

I've tried .1.10 with a few skins and they all have this "problem", so I'm guessing it's a script, not a skin issue:

I have several hundred TV Shows, many of which I haven't watched and episode of in months. The problem is that the in progress list is full of episodes from those shows that I'm not currently watching which crowds out many/most of the shows that I am currently watching.

Is it possible to sort the list of returned episodes by datetime of when the last episode was watched?

- ronie - 2012-02-12

Therms Wrote:Is it possible to sort the list of returned episodes by datetime of when the last episode was watched?

well, that's exactly what do script is doing :-)

do the show you're currently watching have any unwatched specials?

specials are often listed as 'season 0', so if those are still unwatched,
the script will assume you haven't started watching this tv show.

- Therms - 2012-02-13

ronie Wrote:do the show you're currently watching have any unwatched specials?

No.

However, I just realized what the probably cause of this issue is. I wiped my MySQL database a few days ago and synced my watched status from Trakt with Trakt Utilities after upgraded to Eden B3 and rebuilding my library. Thus, the last watched datetime will be wrong for everything but that which I've watched in the past few days.

Sorry for the false alarm.

- skimshady - 2012-02-13

Hi, sorry to bring up problems. Im using latest version of Quartz skin on Eden b2, and my hardware is an ATV2.

Today the script acted up again. Since I used XBMC a couple of days ago it hasn't updated to next episode yet. Have to make a restart for update to trigger...

And after startup I also had to enter into TV Shows and return to Home Screen for the Media shelf to show the recently watched and added. This however is probably a skin issue, but Im only mentioning it Smile

- Hitcher - 2012-02-13

I get problems sometimes with shows not updating when I finish watching (stopping before the end credits) an episode. The episode is marked as watched by XBMC and only a reboot will update the watchlist but in the meantime other shows/movies update just fine.
Will a normal log help if it happens again?

- `Black - 2012-02-13

Yes, might help. I have those problems as well and will look into it as soon as it happens again. I think I know why this is happening but I'll have to make sure.

- skimshady - 2012-02-14

Sometimes an episode in watchlist has the wrong season/epiosde tag. However, when it is selected correct episode starts. It seems it shows the same season/episode as its left neighbour or the leftmost one (not sure which.) Anyone else seen this?

Also I want to ask if the watchlist follows XBMC rules when it comes to when a movie is started and finished. Sometimes it feels like they are not entirely in sync there... A movie is considered started or ended by one of them, and not by the other. A movie that is only just started for a few seconds should preferably not make its way into the "watching"-list.

- `Black - 2012-02-14

It should follow XBMC rules, means that if a movie is stopped after 180 seconds (this doesn't apply for episodes) or before 90% of it's runtime, it should appear in the list. I tested it and it worked pretty well but I think my solution for that is not 100% perfect and that's why the script sometimes adds/removes movies/episodes which it shouldn't but I don't know exactly and have to wait for debug logs.

Wrong season/episode tag - skimshady - 2012-02-16

bthusby Wrote:Sometimes an episode in watchlist has the wrong season/episode tag. However, when it is selected correct episode starts. It seems it shows the same season/episode as its left neighbour or the leftmost one (not sure which.) Anyone else seen this?

What about this one? This has happened more than once now. Each time, it has been the second object in the watching-list that has wrongfully copied the season/episode tag from the first object. However, correct episode starts when selected, and it shows the correct poster thumb.

I am using latest Quartz skin version 3 on Pre-eden b2, and latest version of the watchlist-script. Can this also be a skin related problem?

- `Black - 2012-02-16

Just looked and it's a skin issue. Quartz displays the "EpisodeNo" of the first item also for the second... you can post this in the Quartz thread and I think pecinko will fix that asap. Smile

- pecinko - 2012-02-16

`Black Wrote:Just looked and it's a skin issue. Quartz displays the "EpisodeNo" of the first item also for the second... you can post this in the Quartz thread and I think pecinko will fix that asap. Smile

Thanks mate.

- skimshady - 2012-02-17

I have request for the watchlist script.

Sometimes I am very interested in a TV show that I haven't watched for a while because the show has been in a hiatus or a small break. When an episode for such a TV show is available in the library it should come right in as the first recommended episode to watch.

Maybe TV Shows could be prioritized in such a way?

You think this is a good idea?