Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - T800 - 2012-10-02

(2012-09-19, 17:07)Hitcher Wrote: It does only show one entry per show.

It's been a while since it cropped up again. Below is an example of multiple entries for one show.

I watched the 1st episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks season 6. After it had finished, season 5 (that I haven't got checked off as watched) filled the watchlist.

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - `Black - 2012-10-02

Could you try another skin, maybe XeeBo?

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - T800 - 2012-10-02

Will do.

Tried XeeBo.
Never Mind the Buzzcocks isn't in it at all. Not even the 2nd episode of the 6th season.

The list stayed the same after going back to Aeon Nox from XeeBo.

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - krish_2k4 - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 15:06)T800 Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 17:07)Hitcher Wrote: It does only show one entry per show.

It's been a while since it cropped up again. Below is an example of multiple entries for one show.

I watched the 1st episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks season 6. After it had finished, season 5 (that I haven't got checked off as watched) filled the watchlist.

it did it with me with How I Met Your Mother.

XBMC scraped season 7 as unwatched (redownloaded it in dvdrip) and the new episode in season 8. After watching the new episode from season 8 the watchlist filled in with unwatched episodes from season 7 just like the poster i quoted. After you restart XBMC the list goes back to normal and show one episode per show.

I use my own skin but maybe others can test the bug.

>Mark previous season unwatched,
>Mark latest episode of the next/newest season unwatched.
>Restart XBMC
>Watch the latest episode (Don't know if you get the same result from just marking it as watched)
>The watchlist will be filled with the previous season unwatched episodes
>Restart XBMC and the watchlist goes back to one episode per season.

I am using Frodo on windows if that helps, Follow the steps above and you get the same results, the watchlist filled with more than one episode from a show until you restart XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - `Black - 2012-10-02

That could be a problem with the instant update but I don't know. Wait until Martijn has the new version for Frodo ready, it should work correct then.

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - akuiraz - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-02, 13:43)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-10-02, 10:46)akuiraz Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 17:51)`Black Wrote: Plus I don't remember exactly how it's handled but I think if a show is watched completely it will never show up in watchlist again, even if you start rewatching it. So you can exclude a show by setting all episodes to watched.

As I mentioned, I know about marking all episodes to watched to exclude the show... It would just be nice to not have to do this as I like to leave some older shows as unwatched even though I've watched them in the past. This just helps me remember which I've seen lately. A simple show exclusion filter would be very useful if you want to keep your watchlist clean, possibly use the watchlist for keeping track of shows your currently watching (shows that are airing now.)

Sorry but have no interest in coding this.
I have some other things in mind that may have some sort of same effect but not gonna add tons of options

Thats ok, I will take a look at the code and see if I can't do this myself... Before I start, do you have any ideas, off the top of your head, the area in the code I should look at first?

Thanks,
akuiraz

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - furii - 2012-10-05

i'm not sure if this is a bug with frodo but i figured i'd bring it up and see if anyone else was experiencing it. i'm running a compile from a day or two ago but this has been going on for a while. basically if i catch up on a show but then add another episode the script doesn't show the new episode unless i play and then stop it. unfortunately it doesn't do it for every new episode that's been added to the library. so if i add 3 episodes for 3 shows i need to play/stop each of them before they show up in the ongoing shows list.

log showing a new episode added, watchlist doesn't update, play/stop new episode, watchlist then updates:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9946

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Martijn - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 22:28)furii Wrote: i'm not sure if this is a bug with frodo but i figured i'd bring it up and see if anyone else was experiencing it. i'm running a compile from a day or two ago but this has been going on for a while. basically if i catch up on a show but then add another episode the script doesn't show the new episode unless i play and then stop it. unfortunately it doesn't do it for every new episode that's been added to the library. so if i add 3 episodes for 3 shows i need to play/stop each of them before they show up in the ongoing shows list.

log showing a new episode added, watchlist doesn't update, play/stop new episode, watchlist then updates:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9946

It has never done that because it wasn't possible.
Wait for the new version for Frodo

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - furii - 2012-10-06

ah gotcha, thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Martijn - 2012-10-06

watchlist 12.0.4

note:
- will only work with a very recent nightly build (4 October or later)
- the RandomFoo.Count properties have been removed

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - jingai - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 16:25)Martijn Wrote: watchlist 12.0.4

note:
- will only work with a very recent nightly build (4 October or later)
- the RandomFoo.Count properties have been removed

FYI, the archive appears corrupt (won't unzip on either my Mac nor my Linux boxes).

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Martijn - 2012-10-06

Could you try again?

RE: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - jingai - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 16:36)Martijn Wrote: Could you try again?

Managed to get it unpacked. For some reason, the directory "script.watchlist_v12.0.4" deflated as a zero-byte file instead of a directory. I created the directory by hand and it unpacked the contents to it. Not sure what happened there, but at least users on a Mac will probably start complaining that it's just corrupt, since the error there is more cryptic.