Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: Artwork Downloader - strikervi - 2014-10-14

I'm still hoping we can do the dynamic . Ext for frodo
Although since I'm cross maintaining xbmc and ple*
, it doesn't seem as important as it was 6 months ago.
Thx again for it tho.

RE: Artwork Downloader - cw-kid - 2014-10-18

Hi

Can anyone confirm if AD should download TV Show Season Posters when run in Solo mode? I have enabled that option in the AD settings and I have local files enabled but none ever appear on the file server. If I run Gui mode instead and select a particular season poster then that works and the image file is put on the file server.

I asked a question back here previously about why new seasons of an existing TV Show never seem to get a season poster image?

I can post a debug log file upon request if that would help?

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT:

Here is a debug log file: http://pastebin.com/671NZJfd

For the TV Show "The Blacklist" currently Season 2 has no poster and is blank.

Looking on the file server there are currently no season poster artwork images at all present. So Season 1 must have got its poster on first import in to XBMC with TheTVDB.com scraper?

So I ran AD solo mode against this TV Show, the report said it had downloaded 5 images, all of which were just extrafanart.

Still no season poster for Season 2.

I then ran AD Gui mode against this TV Show. Selected Season Posters and picked a poster for Season 2, AD then proceeded to download it to my file server and the file is called: season02-poster.jpg

However looking in XBMC there is still no poster showing on Season 2.

So I then right clicked Season 2 and selected Choose Art -> Poster -> Browse -> Item Folder and selected the season02-poster.jpg image.

Now I have a poster image showing for Season 2.

Is all of this normal behaviour?

Thanks

RE: Artwork Downloader - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-10-18

(2014-10-18, 15:40)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Can anyone confirm if AD should download TV Show Season Posters when run in Solo mode? I have enabled that option in the AD settings and I have local files enabled but none ever appear on the file server. If I run Gui mode instead and select a particular season poster then that works and the image file is put on the file server.

I asked a question back here previously about why new seasons of an existing TV Show never seem to get a season poster image?

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT:

Looking on the file server there are currently no season poster artwork images at all present. So Season 1 must have got its poster on first import in to XBMC with TheTVDB.com scraper?

So I ran AD solo mode against this TV Show, the report said it had downloaded 5 images, all of which were just extrafanart.

I then ran AD Gui mode against this TV Show. Selected Season Posters and picked a poster for Season 2, AD then proceeded to download it to my file server and the file is called: season02-poster.jpg

So I then right clicked Season 2 and selected Choose Art -> Poster -> Browse -> Item Folder and selected the season02-poster.jpg image.

Thanks

Best way I do is download image I want manually and just reload TV information.

RE: Artwork Downloader - vbat99 - 2014-10-18

(2014-10-18, 15:40)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT:

Thanks

This was my question also a few posts back, but no confirmation either way
(2014-10-04, 09:43)vbat99 Wrote: Searching back through this thread, I haven't found an answer for Tv Show Season artwork from Fanart.Tv.

Does Artwork Downloader download and save locally, Season Poster, Season Banner and/or Season Thumb??

@Martijn.

I know your busy with Kodi, but are you able to indicate either way on the above questions please.

RE: Artwork Downloader - cw-kid - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-18, 19:56)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Best way I do is download image I want manually and just reload TV information.

Hi

Does reloading the TV Show not make it reappear as newly added episodes again in the library?
Presume reloading doesn't affect watched / un-watched status of the episodes?

Thanks

RE: Artwork Downloader - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-19, 00:49)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 19:56)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Best way I do is download image I want manually and just reload TV information.

Hi

Does reloading the TV Show not make it reappear as newly added episodes again in the library?
Presume reloading doesn't affect watched / un-watched status of the episodes?

Thanks

Should keep all same, but I use trakt for watched status. Just go to season hit I reload from Internet or local.

RE: Artwork Downloader - cw-kid - 2014-10-19

Hi

Reloading the TV Show as you suggested works. TheTVDB scraper then finds and displays the missing season poster(s).

Reloading doesn't affect the watched / un-watched status nor does it make the episodes re-appear as recently added again.

I think there are two problems here, AD not downloading season posters in solo mode is one problem.
The other is that for some reason when a new season is added to the file server TheTVDB scraper when it adds these new files does not get a season poster, either because there was no season poster available at that time or more likely because there is some problem with it.

Thanks

EDIT:

Reloading the TV Show does affect the artwork however, after reloading the artwork is no longer visible. I have to run AD in solo mode against the TV Show to get the artwork back again. So not ideal.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Bitter - 2014-10-26

Hello

I'm a newby with this and although I read an read this post, I didn't find the solution....

When I add a movie and update library, all the info about the movie downloads automatically, but if I wants to obtain the cd art, I have to go to " Obtain logo/clearart"

Can I do that automatically?, at the time that downloads all the info, download also the Cd art?

I have installed the Artwork downloader, and I have that disc art activated, but I have to do it manually.....

Thank you

RE: Artwork Downloader - wgstarks - 2014-10-26

(2014-10-26, 22:47)Bitter Wrote: Hello

I'm a newby with this and although I read an read this post, I didn't find the solution....

When I add a movie and update library, all the info about the movie downloads automatically, but if I wants to obtain the cd art, I have to go to " Obtain logo/clearart"

Can I do that automatically?, at the time that downloads all the info, download also the Cd art?

I have installed the Artwork downloader, and I have that disc art activated, but I have to do it manually.....

Thank you

Yes. You have to do it manually. Artwork Downloader will download art types that you have selected every time you launch it.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Bitter - 2014-10-27

(2014-10-26, 23:24)wgstarks Wrote: Yes. You have to do it manually. Artwork Downloader will download art types that you have selected every time you launch it.

So..is any option to lauch Artwork downloader each time I open XMBC?

Thank you

RE: Artwork Downloader - woodside - 2014-11-06

I see the log lists the types of artwork that wasn't found after a script run. Is there any way you could log to the downloadreport a list of artwork types and the shows where artwork was found after a script run?. Thanks.

RE: Artwork Downloader - robwebset - 2014-11-17

Hi All,

I have gone through the Wiki, but I must confess, I have not read all 142 pages of the forum thead!

My Question is:

Is there a good way to get a list of all the extra-fan-art for a given Movie/TV Show? (i.e. what has already been downloaded to disk)

For example, can I call a JSON interface or something? (Sub script)

Reason: I am writing an add-on (Python Script) that I guess users will want to make use of existing fan-art that this addon may have downloaded for them. From what I understand so far I would have to do the following:

1) Do a JSON call to get all the TV Shows/Movies (My code already does this)
2) Get the path of the video file from the JSON response
3) Convert it to "Known Name" that "Artwork Downloader" uses to store the data
4) Go to disk and parse the directory contents working out what was what, and then reference it from there.

Any suggestions or help would be great.

Thanks

Rob

RE: Artwork Downloader - DerekCuster - 2014-11-30

Hey, I've set up the app and it's working well with mame. All games launch perfectly but there not showing fan art and tiles etc ... I've tried setting artwork to scraper, local etc but it makes no change? Any ideas on how to get art work to show?

I have all my artwork stored in the same folder as my roms and its pointing to these locations.

Any tips?

RE: Artwork Downloader - corpgator - 2014-11-30

What happened to the size options in limit artwork for Kodi? Now all it shows are maximum extrafanart and minimum rating. Before, I could set the minimum file resolution it would download in Gotham.

RE: Artwork Downloader - djhifi - 2014-11-30

I have a problem. Somewhat my database crashed and some movies were removed. I then replaced textures13.db and Myvideos78.db, but now, some movies, became without logo and or disc art, and when I try to insert them using the plugin as I normally do, in my skin, they do not get inserted....

What is going on?

Ive already used a texture cache cleaner (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373) but this does not sort the problem.