Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - gibxxi - 2012-12-10

For TV shows you may want to index them with Sickbeard, if not for downloads, for the mass-editing SB offers. Also you may wish to alter the paths as follows:

Code:
M:\TV Shows\The Mentalist\Season 1\The Mentalist - S01E01.avi

You may find the scraping process easier like this.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 17:50)BB944 Wrote: I hope that i have provided enough information Smile

I wish every one could be so clear Smile
(every one should take an example on you)

The point is that MQ4 is not Frodo ready so it doesn't use the methods we added in Frodo hence the reason nothing shows up.
If you would try Aeon Nox 4.0 you would definitely see them.
You can either wait till MQ4 becomes Frodo ready or enable "use local files" and rerun the script
This will download all artwork to your movie/tvshow folders and then MQ4 will probably be able to use them.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - BB944 - 2012-12-10

Thank you for your prompt reply Smile

So would you recommend that i Uninstall Frodo and install Eden and then start from scratch?

Or should I use the Aeon Nox skin a wait for a stable build...

Because I must be honest, with over 400 movies and ... i think... like ... i don't know 800 episodes, I really don't want to have to rebuild it ... again lol

because i care less about how i got there rather more on getting there and it being done right.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Vaikin - 2012-12-10

If you want to stick with Frodo and have artwork, you'd have to switch away from MQ4(for now) and use a Frodo ready skin. Like Martijn said, Nox works great with Frodo. It's not 100% completed, but it definitely works.

If you want to keep MQ4, then you'd have to switch back to Eden.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - BB944 - 2012-12-10

well in that case .... i am going to do a bit of a hybrid

Uninstall Frodo, install Eden, install MQ4 and Nox, and stay on Eden until things are more comfortable with Frodo.

Also another slightly unrelated question... I have like ... oh i dont know..... close to 8K songs. And I used to use MM with a AMG tagger, but like IMDB they changed their site and now it is broken. And I noted that this program (XBMC) has the ability to download album art and what not. Will it tag my music with this information or is it just in the DB for XBMC... I know this has little to do with your script ... but i just thought I would ask

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 23:31)BB944 Wrote: well in that case .... i am going to do a bit of a hybrid

Uninstall Frodo, install Eden, install MQ4 and Nox, and stay on Eden until things are more comfortable with Frodo.

Also another slightly unrelated question... I have like ... oh i dont know..... close to 8K songs. And I used to use MM with a AMG tagger, but like IMDB they changed their site and now it is broken. And I noted that this program (XBMC) has the ability to download album art and what not. Will it tag my music with this information or is it just in the DB for XBMC... I know this has little to do with your script ... but i just thought I would ask

XBMC will not touch you music files in any way. All is saved in XBMC database/thumbnails folder.

I would recommend MusicBrainz picard for music tagging

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - slandells - 2012-12-12

Just throwing it out there...

I use Frodo (used the monthlies, now using the Betas, decided to stay away from nightlies this time around) and I also use MQ4. It might be due to the fact that I have had it setup for some time, but MQ4 works perfectly fine for me (When you install it, it goes through the setup and you need to make sure you selected "Pre-Frodo", not "Eden").

As long as there is a logo.png, clearart.png, folder.jpg/poster.jpg, backdrop.jpg and the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders in the directory you have the movie in, everything displays fine.

I've just run Artwork Downloader (had to disable all banners as mentioned in above posts due to the "n/a" error in the logfile) and downloaded an additional 625 items, including clearart, logos and cdart...

I know this doesn't fix your issue, but it should go some way to confirming it should be working...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - bobrap - 2012-12-12

Strange problem/question...every time I do a scan the script fails when it gets to "The Walking Dead". Is there something I'm missing? Thanks

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Tomkun - 2012-12-12

I was having a problem with my TV shows appearing and wanted to share the fix; although I don't know if this problem is caused by XBMC, Artwork Downloader or even a third-party program.

I had a strange situation where two or three TV shows would scrape artwork just fine, but the rest would return an error saying 'id not found' or something similar. I realised that there must have been something on my end preventing it working, so I checked all the nfo files of the TV Shows and noticed that the ones that did scrape fine had the <id> tag. The ones that didn't had a <tvdbid> tag. These nfo files were created by a program called 'TVrename', which I have been using for years.

The quickest fix I found was to delete the nfo files, let another program such as SickBeard recreate them and then finally reimport into XBMC. Then your shows should scrape just fine.

Now is this due to
1) XBMC not finding the ID and importing it to the database or
2) Artwork Downloader not finding the <tvdbid> tag?

tldr;
If your TV shows aren't scraping properly make sure they have a valid <id> tag inside the nfo file.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - butchabay - 2012-12-13

Hi Martijn,

i can't get showing any downloaded logo.

XBMC RC1 and latest Version of Artwork Downloader (12.0.11)

Example TV Show Level

Here my image control:

<texture>$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath,,/logo.png]</texture>

Starting Artworkdownloader from Info Screen:

<onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>

In AD Settings "Local Files disabled"

If i use:

<texture>$INFO[ListItem.path],,logo.png</texture>

Only local files (logo.png) are visible.

Someone an idea ? Thanx ...

Re: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-12-13

You did know that you can use ListItem.Art(clearlogo) now?

Damn dude, exactly! Smile I should really open my eyes!
Thanx mate ...

Re: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-12-13

* Martijn reminds himself to update the wiki

Smile

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - fade23 - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-12, 00:49)bobrap Wrote: Strange problem/question...every time I do a scan the script fails when it gets to "The Walking Dead". Is there something I'm missing? Thanks

This seems to be related to the earlier reports of season banners crashing the script. There's only a handful of season banner images on fanart.tv currently, but The Walking Dead is one of them. Although the image appears to be for Season 1, there does not actually appear to be any season data associated with it on the site, which may explain why the following error is thrown:

item['filename'] = (filename % int(artwork['season']))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'n/a'

Disabling Season Banners is a temporary fix.

devs, here's an example of debug when this happens: http://pastebin.com/xCAZGUNR