Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - crni - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 18:22)nelsonamen Wrote: The new method of xbmc frodo to fetch the images (posters, cleart, logo etc. ..) it goes by in a cache right?
If I change several posters with the metabrowser or ember and then delete the entire library and insert it again it will insert the old posters that had the cache, does not insert the new ... (that did not happen in Eden) but if I do manual reload a film he inserts the new poster.

Example: What if I change 200 posters in metabrowser'll have to reload manually one by one ..... to change in xbmc!

The only way I could insert the new posters is to do a fresh install of xbmc and so it will make a new cache and inserts the posters all correct

But there must be another way without having to install everything again

It's a bummer yes but you can delete Thumbnails folder from ../Userdata and TexturesXX.db from ../Userdata/Database/ and restart XBMC and cache will be recreated, no need to reinstall everything

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - nelsonamen - 2013-01-04

ok thank you!! I'll have to see where that is in openelec when i get home

Edit
It worked!! thanks again

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - st graveyard - 2013-01-05

Martijn,

Do you have any idea why artwork downloader won't download the banner and disc.png when I run artwork downloader for the complete movie collection? When I run artwork downloader movie per movie, and select banner and disc, it downloads and saves the items just fine.

This is how I have my configuration :

So I have the banner and disc selected.

And this is what I mean when run for whole collection :

logo and clearart are stored just fine, disc and banner not. Any idea?

I'm using NOX 4.0 in Frodo RC2. artwork downloader version 12.0.12

Thanks,
Grave

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Eisi2005 - 2013-01-05

@st graveyard

please take a look if your movie is as example a bluray movie. Then look manual at fanart.tv. If there is a discart for bluray, artwork downloader will get it with automatic run. If there is only a discart for dvd, artwork downloader will NOT get the discart automatic but with manual run.

I personal dislike this feature and ask Martin if he could make a function to get dvd cdart if there is no bluray art but it seems not so easy to realize ? For me it is indifferent if i get a dvd discart or a bluray discart.

Eisi

Ok, I don't have bluray in the name of the movie, if that is what you mean. I just have moviename.resolution.codec.extension ... example "topgun.480p.xvid.avi" ...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Eisi2005 - 2013-01-05

Sorry my english is not so good. what i mean is, when xbmc have identified your movie as a bluray, then will look artwork downloader on fanart.tv only for discart for bluray when you runt automatically. If there is no bluray discart on fanart.tv artwork downloader get nothing. If you look manualy with AD then AD show bluray and dvd discart from fanart.tv.

Hope you understand what i mean. it have nothing to do with your naming. Only what have xbmc identified your movie.

Ok Eisi, I understand now. Thanks for the information! I think that is a bit weird the way artwork downloader works for the disc art, but I guess it has its reasons.
But that does not explain why the banners are not downloaded automatically ... Huh

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Ymeltje - 2013-01-06

Hi there, I got a problem with the addon.
I recently started creating logo's and clearart for fanart.tv.
Because for some reason, the addon doesn't scan my locally stored logo's anymore. They only appear when I I download them from the GUI. Only that way they are visible in XBMC.
So, because I wanted some of my logo's back, and because I don't got logo's for some movies, I decided to help out, and upload them to fanart.tv

But! for some reason, they wont appear in the GUI when I scan for them.
It only shows what was already there, and not the new ones. For some movies I wont get results at all. For instance movies who hadn't logo's before, but do now, wont appear at all. I only get the poster and banner option.
I was thinking that it maybe takes a while to appear.
But 2 of the logo's I created for the Evangelion ova's where available. And 1 logo for the first samurai X movie was available, but for the 2nd movie no results.

I was just wondering what I can do, to be able to download al the new logo's or clearart.
I already tryed uninstal and reinstall, no luck!

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Branphma - 2013-01-06

Guess there's a problem with fanart.tv again. AD isn't downloading any cdart or clearart/logos at all right now.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Slipass - 2013-01-07

Hello,
is it possible to run the ArtworkDownloader automatically?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - thrak76 - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 00:05)Slipass Wrote: Hello,
is it possible to run the ArtworkDownloader automatically?

No. Used to be, but was too taxing on fanart.tv servers. It may return in the future.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Slipass - 2013-01-07

Hello,
i have the problem with the discart too.

I think, that es the problem which Eisi2005 has describe.

The fanart.tv site has only an dvd, not an bluray cover. Can i change it, that AD take an dvd discart for my blurays, when he can not find an bluray discart?

@Branphma
It is not the fanart.tv site, because other discarts can be found.

Re: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-01-07

Read the code and you will find it.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Ymeltje - 2013-01-07

Any info on why the addon doesnt show new logo's and other art?
See my post from before.

EDIT
Or a way to manualy add artwork logo's and clearart. (The new one doesnt pick them up)

edit
Nevermind, I found a way, when it doesnt find a logo, it uses the one from the folder.
And If i want to change existing artwork, I can browse for it in my local folders.

It would be cool if users could change artwork for every movie, now it only lists the already downloaded artwork, in the change art option when I push Info.
(for instance, Avengers lists every option, clearart, logo poster etc..., but for American grafitti, it only lists Logo, poster, fanart)
It would be nice if everything is selectable for every movie.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - saitoh183 - 2013-01-08

@Martijn

Is it a problem with AD or fanart.tv when going on a series hitting "info", going to "Get artwork" and when i choose season poster i get

Code:
23:39:08 T:3832   ERROR: Artwork Downloader: Download timed out: 'T:\\\\TV\\\\Doctor Who (2005)/season-specials-poster.jpg'

Using AD ver 12.0.12

If this is a AD problem and you would need a full debug log, let me know and i will post it

Thanks