Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- craze7 - 2007-03-28

great news ysbox, cant wait for this!!!

- xino - 2007-03-28

while you are fixing LinksBoks (web broswer)
PLEASE Change the keyboard layout!
its not good when you press the button to make the keyboard an the letters are the control pad:/ not good at all

You have to change it to the actual virtual keyboard. Like press a button and it brings up the virtual keyboard the one on XBMC & Unleash X.

If you can't do it...it's cool thenTongue

- timdog82001 - 2007-03-28

maybe it would be better to make it an option, cause the current keyboard layout is definitely faster once you get used to it

- gzusrawx - 2007-03-28

Only if you're using a gamepad.

- ysbox - 2007-03-28

The XBMC version calls the XBMC virtual keyboard for text input and doesn't feature the method of the original standalone app, which was introduced only because it was easier to implement :p

- ultrabrutal - 2007-03-28

So how close do you estimate it is now? Wink

- gergtreble - 2007-03-29

Yeah!

When is it coming? Ive been watching this thread with great anticipation for a few months!

- Nickman - 2007-03-29

gergtreble Wrote:Yeah!

When is it coming? Ive been watching this thread with great anticipation for a few months!

Hehe a few months.. Come back in a few years Laugh
Seriously i have followed this thread from when it was created and one thing for sure is it will be released when ybox AND the rest of the xbmc team thinks its worthy of going in to the SVN. If that means years it will be years Wink

- gergtreble - 2007-03-29

Fair enough.

If it aint reday it aint ready.

- prominance - 2007-03-29

is it normal that running links2xbmc version of xbmc browser in either 720p or 1080i makes the linksboks browser screen not fillup the entire screen? Every other screen in XBMC fills up the screeen in HDTV mode except linksboks, this has been the case with all versions of links2xbmc I have tried.

The only time this wasnt the case was a xbmc release that I got in early 2006 released on torrents which I do not think you had coded or integrated as at that time different people where integrating linksboks in xbmc builds though now that has stopped and you are the only one. In that build in any resolution linksboks took up the whole screen. Ofcourse since then you have added way more features to linksboks.

Just wondering if thats normal. All your releases compile fine.

- prominance - 2007-03-29

Nickman Wrote:Just did a compile of the new version. The scaling "bug" is still there but thanks to Splurt that pointed out that you can change the browser size in PAL/WebBrowser.xml i can now surf in fullscreen.

As Splurt said maybe its got to do with the new skin system (2.1)

I also have a small problem when i compile with the skin.
If i copy the skin files and xml files from links over the orginal skin files BEFORE i compile. Then everything is black except the homescreen internet bakground and the text. But if i first compile and then later copy the skin files to the BUILD dir everything works. Maybe some trouble with XBMCTex.

Oh and some new screenshots:

Ok can you secify what to edit in Webbrowser.xml to fix the scaling bug as it sounds like the same issue i have where running in higher resolutions than 480p causes linksboks to run in a much smaller screen in the corner.

- Nickman - 2007-03-29

Have you even looked in that file ? Tongue

The first control look like this:
Code:
<control type="webbrowser" id="10">
                        <description>Web browser</description>
                        <posx>17</posx>
                        <posy>32</posy>
                        <width>660</width>
                        <height>450</height>
                        <onleft>10</onleft>
                        <onright>10</onright>
                </control>

Guess what you need to change Wink

720p = 1280*720.
1080i = 1920*1080.
Just in case you did not know that.

- ysbox - 2007-03-29

The scaling bug is sort-of fixed already, the control coordinates are translated from PAL (720x576) to whatever your 1) resolution 2) GUI calibration settings incl. "interface zoom" are.
However when web browser still rendered the control using the untranslated coordinates... now it does; and later, to compensate overscan further you'll have the possibility of defining custom black margins for the browser window.

And no, still no ETA but it's definitely getting there... Smile

- prominance - 2007-03-30

thanks guys for that, now the browser and xbmc is pretty much perfect for me!

- mjsmyth - 2007-03-30

Is there a beta test going on for this? If so how could I join? If not, what compiled version should I be looking for??

I know where to look, just not what to look for!

Thanks,

MJ