Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- El Piranna - 2007-06-04

stuaxo Wrote:As light as it is K-Meleon uses the Mozilla rendering engine, this would mean a lot of porting work and wouldn't be particularly light in the end... links by contrast is very light and a natural choice as it's fairly self contained...
Most other engines would require porting a lot of other libraries to get up and running.

What about Gecko? It's Firefox self-contained core and a very basic web browser by itself, really little and, well... you know how powerfull and versalite Firefox is Big Grin

help if its possible - dominater01 - 2007-06-10

is it possible for links2xbmc to upload files from the xbox to sites if so or if u can add that support that would be sweet if not then nevermind

- stuaxo - 2007-06-11

El Piranna Wrote:What about Gecko? It's Firefox self-contained core and a very basic web browser by itself, really little and, well... you know how powerfull and versalite Firefox is Big Grin

...Sorry gecko is what I was trying to get at...
possibly it would be possible to port it, definately supporting libraries would have to be ported (gecko is going to use cairo for rendering so that and dependencies would need porting) + any other libraries... could be a nightmare (maybe some are already available).

I'm not convinced memory usage would be great, on the other hand if we had a port of cairo we could have fast rendering when memory permitted.

I don't know, give it a go... sounds pretty challenging in the meantime we will have links2

Anyway I don't really know enough about what I'm talking here so I'll stop Smile

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-06-17

Are you still with us ysbox? It has been a while since a new commit, when is the next one comming?
Is it possible to have someone like Coolgamer30 resync the Linksbrowser on the SVN branch every now and then? I've really come to miss this project. Sad

- wreezig - 2007-06-20

Deff, are you planning any more builds further on, and in that case do you have a usb-mouse to test the support for mouse buttons in LinksBoks?
As I mentioned earlier, buttons didn't work in the build from May 17th.

- Deff - 2007-06-20

wreezig Wrote:Deff, are you planning any more builds further on, and in that case do you have a usb-mouse to test the support for mouse buttons in LinksBoks?
As I mentioned earlier, buttons didn't work in the build from May 17th.

ysbox has not released any further versions, I am sorta waiting before releasing Smile

- xino - 2007-06-22

since my xbox broke...i wasn't keeping an eye on this type of updates.

But i used to search on this...i swear there was a beta version released?

was there? an updated version of LinksBoks, even though still in production.

if there is...can you please repost the download link
thanks

its best to post the download link on the first page

- NYZO - 2007-06-22

i have yet to try a version of xbmc with the links integration but my question is this:

whilst using links to navigate the web if you were to click on a link to an mpeg video clip or an mp3 file for example - does this information get passed to xbmc and get played.

I guess in simple terms what i am asking is does xbmc play the video clips when you click on them or is links still purely for browsing purposes like the standalone version of linksboks.

thanks in advance guys.

- xino - 2007-06-22

NYZO Wrote:i have yet to try a version of xbmc with the links integration but my question is this:

whilst using links to navigate the web if you were to click on a link to an mpeg video clip or an mp3 file for example - does this information get passed to xbmc and get played.

I guess in simple terms what i am asking is does xbmc play the video clips when you click on them or is links still purely for browsing purposes like the standalone version of linksboks.

thanks in advance guys.
LinksBoks can't display vids or flash. Just pics

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-06-22

Links may not play the video, but I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to allow the user to download a video and watch it right away. (not using X:\)
Xino the last update was a long time ago. Its all on the Linksbrowser branch of the XBMC SVN.
Are there any xbmc developers out there that are familiar with merging the Links and XBMC source and would like to resync for the community? I know Coolgamer30 was doing this on the old Links2XBMC SVN, can a kind gentleman take this role for us?
Where art thou ysbox?

- NYZO - 2007-06-22

well i just compiled - i clicked on a video link - links saved it to x:\ and then xbmc started playing it flawlessly.

an absolutely brilliant addition to XBMC. thanks to all involved

- webbanane - 2007-06-28

NYZO Wrote:well i just compiled - i clicked on a video link - links saved it to x:\ and then xbmc started playing it flawlessly.

Hi NYZO!

What kind of link/video? Example?

languages - stringtheory - 2007-06-30

Hey I noticed that in the linksboks branch the language files are outdated. For example the danish language file in the linksboks Revision is 6146, then in the main svn its Revision: 9451.

Is the linksboks language files the exact same files as the main svn branch? If so can I just copy the language dir from the main svn branch to the linksboks dir?

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-07-02

It was current with the XBMC trunk, not so much anymore. If you you are experiencing language issues, you should definitely play with it and swap the language files. Not guaranteeing it will work, it is worth a shot though. Come on ysbox! Lets get another batch of resyncs and other new commits! I don't want to start peeling through XBMC trying to find out how I can resync this on my own!

- wreezig - 2007-07-16

I think Ysbox have died. Sad

Noone that can pick up the work where he left off?