Kodi Community Forum
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers.. (/showthread.php?tid=116461)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers.. - DDDamian - 2011-12-08

Looks like as of today AllMusic no longers allows scraping of artist bios or album reviews citing something like "Fetching album reviews is prohibited to due copyright concerns" or some such blather.

Dammit! StareNoSad

- mkortstiege - 2011-12-08

Due to legal reasons. Please choose another scraper.

- DDDamian - 2011-12-08

Thx vdrfan - more just putting the announcement out there. Switched to LastFM, but losing AllMusic is a drag. As Warren Zevon said, lawyers, guns, and money! Laugh

- bandelguy - 2011-12-08

FREEBASE is useless, guess last.Fm is the last resort

- DDDamian - 2011-12-08

bandelguy Wrote:FREEBASE is useless, guess last.Fm is the last resort

My thoughts exactly.....Sad

- bandelguy - 2011-12-08

I guess it would be best to merge allmusic scraper and last.fm scraper. Fetch reviews & artist bios from last.fm and other info (labels, type, moods, etc.)from allmusic.com. In the Movie scraper, Imdb scraper scrapes posters and fanarts from TMDB. Music scraping is a neglected area reagrding Xbmc supplemental tools and scrapers.

I strongly advocate for a scraper support sub-forum in the XBMC forums for scraper related problems and notices such as this one regarding allmusic.com.

- DDDamian - 2011-12-08

bandelguy Wrote:I guess it would be best to merge allmusic scraper and last.fm scraper. Fetch reviews & artist bios from last.fm and other info (labels, type, moods, etc.)from allmusic.com. In the Movie scraper, Imdb scraper scrapes posters and fanarts from TMDB. Music scraping is a neglected area reagrding Xbmc supplemental tools and scrapers.

I strongly advocate for a scraper support sub-forum in the XBMC forums for scraper related problems and notices such as this one regarding allmusic.com.

Strongly agree to both points above!! There is a thread for scraper issues in the stickies but it's closed.

- Ned Scott - 2011-12-10

Can't say details, but the issue is up in the air right now, so don't panic. There's no statement to make right now because the issue is being sorted out as we speak, but might take some time.

- DDDamian - 2011-12-10

Big Grin Wink

- bandelguy - 2012-01-11

Ned Scott Wrote:Can't say details, but the issue is up in the air right now, so don't panic. There's no statement to make right now because the issue is being sorted out as we speak, but might take some time.

Any news on it?

- dirtymurt - 2012-01-14

can anyone describe how to do the workaound, I have selected last.FM scraper, but how do you get it to scrape, it seems to keep defaulting to allmusic which aint working, help appreciated......

- DDDamian - 2012-01-14

dirtymurt Wrote:can anyone describe how to do the workaound, I have selected last.FM scraper, but how do you get it to scrape, it seems to keep defaulting to allmusic which aint working, help appreciated......

You can change to LastFM as a default scraper for the source or for an individual artist/album. Then click on either Artist Information or Album Information in the pop-up context menu and click Refresh when that comes up.

It will re-scrape using LastFM or whatever you have set the scraper to.

- dirtymurt - 2012-01-14

but how can i scrape all artists, it just quickly pops up and goes away

- DDDamian - 2012-01-14

This is an
"Are you sure? Yes/No"
"Are you REALLY sure? Yes/No"
moment. If you want a full re-scrape of your music library you are best off either 1) deleting the mymusic1x.db or 2) using SQL to clear it. Make sure your default scraper is LastFM before you do. IIRC you may need to re-add the source when you re-boot XBMC, then re-scrape.

Back up userdata directory first!

- dirtymurt - 2012-01-14

thanks but it doesn't work, won't switch from allmusic scraper. is thee a way to disable allmusic?