Kodi Community Forum
WIP revolve - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Revolve (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=253)
+----- Thread: WIP revolve (/showthread.php?tid=116658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: revolve - Malthus - 2016-01-02

@bry-, Thanks, and a happy new year to you as well!

@Feejus, Thanks. It's rather easy to add the votes, so I'll fix it in the next release (but I'm afraid that the next release is a few weeks away).

You can fix it yourself if you don't mind editing some xml files. You can edit the DialogVideoInfo.xml file, and add 'AndVotes' to line lines 58 and 60:

Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.RatingAndVotes)</visible>
<label>$LOCALIZE[563]</label>
<label2>$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes]</label2>

RE: revolve - Feejus - 2016-01-02

@Malthus
First thank you very much, as i said i love the skin and it is very good. The suggestion fixed my problem and now i know how to maybe get that information in other skins as well.

One more newbi question, I don't seems (must be blind) see a tickbox or some sort of confirmation of which movies i watched and which i have not watched. I know that the function is turned on and works with other skins. Maybe it is something i have missed or maybe this is not included in the current skin.

Again than kyou very much for a fantastic skin and excellent work. Wish you a fantastic 2016.

RE: revolve - Malthus - 2016-01-03

At this moment, it is not visible in all views whether you've watched a movie or not.

In some views, a checkmark appears in the icon if you've watched the movie. For example, in the DropList-view, the watched overlay looks like this:

The selected movie is wachted (these is a checkmark in the poster on the left) and the next movie is watched (there is a checkmark on the icon in the list). The other movies are unwatched.

Unfortunately, this does not work in all views. In the Banners-view and the Landscape-view, there are no overlays. I'll put it on my to-do-list to fix this.

RE: revolve - Feejus - 2016-01-03

Hi Malthus,
Thank you so its just my view which i have choosen Big Grin. thank you Again Otherwise a fantastic skin.

RE: revolve - 69thelememt - 2016-01-03

Got to say this is a great concept skin!!! Really good

I'm trying to set up a menu now and I'm struggling a little, there does not seem to be the ability to create shortcuts to addons or areas inside addons

For example I want to have 'Movies' on the main menu, this would then open an other submenu where I wish to add shortcuts to areas inside addons. I've tried manually entering some custom code:

"ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin//<movie related plugin>",return)"

But it still will now allow it

Malthus editited this post because an add-on was mentioned that is on the banned add-ons list.

RE: revolve - Malthus - 2016-01-03

@69thelememt, I don't know the add-on that you're trying to use, but I think that it is on the banned add-ons list (see Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons (wiki)), so I can't discuss it here. And I'll mod your post te remove any references to this add-on.

If I look at you command, I miss a colon after the 'plugin'. And personally I would remove all the quotes, but I don't know if this is necessary. So the command to launch a plugin would look something like this (replace <put your plugin here> with the actual plugin):

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://<put your plugin here>,return)

And I know that editing those options is really annoying. I'll try to improve this in the next version, but I'm not sure how to do this yet.

RE: revolve - 69thelememt - 2016-01-04

(2016-01-03, 18:39)Malthus Wrote: @69thelememt, I don't know the add-on that you're trying to use, but I think that it is on the banned add-ons list (see Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons (wiki)), so I can't discuss it here. And I'll mod your post te remove any references to this add-on.

If I look at you command, I miss a colon after the 'plugin'. And personally I would remove all the quotes, but I don't know if this is necessary. So the command to launch a plugin would look something like this (replace <put your plugin here> with the actual plugin):

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://<put your plugin here>,return)

And I know that editing those options is really annoying. I'll try to improve this in the next version, but I'm not sure how to do this yet.

Thanks man, i'll look into this

Its not just launching the add on itself, I wish to create a shortcut to an area with the short cut. For example if an add on had areas within it, "latest movies", "latest releases" for example that i can create a short cut to either. A lot of skins let you navigate your installed addons, then once in the area your in, you can select a "create shortcut to here" option

I took the code from the "nebula" skin and copied to yours, I know the same code works for most skins but not revolver. I'll look more into this tonight or tomorrow and try without the quotes

RE: revolve - Malthus - 2016-01-04

Thank you for the "create shortcut to here" suggestion. I'll look into this, this might just be the thing that makes it easier to add new Home Menu options.

About the navigation within a plug-in, I think that this is very plug-in dependent. But maybe you can use the "Add to Favourites" option in the context menu to find the correct location:
1. Go to the location in the plug-in that you want to add to the Home Menu.
2. Activate the context menu and select the option "Add to Favourites".
3. Browse to the Kodi userdata folder on your system (on Windows this is something like C:\Users\<name or user-id here>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
4. Open the favourites.xml file in a text editor and look for the favourite you just added, and copy this value to the custom option.
5. Go to your Favourites and remove the favourite you just added.

RE: revolve - saragusa - 2016-01-05

Any news for Jarvis versionHuh HuhHuhHuh

RE: revolve - Malthus - 2016-01-06

At this moment I'm still working on bugfixes and some new features for the Kodi Isengard version. There will definitively be a Jarvis version, but not very soon.

RE: revolve - saragusa - 2016-01-06

I wait patiently....RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

RE: revolve - saragusa - 2016-01-07

Fantastic work, Malthus, really....NodNodNod

RE: revolve - unscarred83 - 2016-01-07

Hello, I don't know if you have already answered to this, but I would like to add some widgets, some shortcuts to my addons to the home screen and I can't find how.

I mean I would like to have something like in Comfluence, where you can have the shortcuts under videos, programs, music, etc.. on the home screen.

Is that possible?

Could you please help me?

Thanks

RE: revolve - Malthus - 2016-01-07

The support for screen widgets is much more limited in Revolve than in Confluence. It is possible to add widgets to Movies, TV Shows and Albums, but these widgets are only visible when you select them (press left from the Home Menu option). For example:

You can configure these widgets in the skin-settings: Home Menu > Settings > Revolve > Circle Items.

RE: revolve - 69thelememt - 2016-01-11

(2016-01-04, 22:27)Malthus Wrote: Thank you for the "create shortcut to here" suggestion. I'll look into this, this might just be the thing that makes it easier to add new Home Menu options.

About the navigation within a plug-in, I think that this is very plug-in dependent. But maybe you can use the "Add to Favourites" option in the context menu to find the correct location:
1. Go to the location in the plug-in that you want to add to the Home Menu.
2. Activate the context menu and select the option "Add to Favourites".
3. Browse to the Kodi userdata folder on your system (on Windows this is something like C:\Users\<name or user-id here>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
4. Open the favourites.xml file in a text editor and look for the favourite you just added, and copy this value to the custom option.
5. Go to your Favourites and remove the favourite you just added.

Thanks man. tried the above but still no joy Sad

Still great skin man!! Few bugs to sort out i imagine and if it could have this feature so i can build my submenu's linking to areas inside add-ons then hands down its the best and most unique concept skin on kodi!!! Amazing pal