Kodi Community Forum
Broken Weather Underground - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Broken Weather Underground (/showthread.php?tid=116668)

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 01:16)iStranger Wrote: Weather doesn't work for me because I can't change or add location in weather settings. I have tried pushing all the keys of my keyboard when in location settings but XBMC just doen't let me do anything. I have location 1, location 2 and location 3 all empty.

What I need to do to make it work? I have Mac OS X Mountain Lion, and latest stable version of XBMC v12 Frodo and Wunderground app is also updated. I tried the other weather add-ons too but they didn't work either.

since we have to start somewhere.. i'll start with the most obvious question:
did you click on location 1 before you started typing?

if not, please do. a keyboard dialog will pop up and you can start typing there.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - iStranger - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 01:27)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 01:16)iStranger Wrote: Weather doesn't work for me because I can't change or add location in weather settings. I have tried pushing all the keys of my keyboard when in location settings but XBMC just doen't let me do anything. I have location 1, location 2 and location 3 all empty.

What I need to do to make it work? I have Mac OS X Mountain Lion, and latest stable version of XBMC v12 Frodo and Wunderground app is also updated. I tried the other weather add-ons too but they didn't work either.

since we have to start somewhere.. i'll start with the most obvious question:
did you click on location 1 before you started typing?

if not, please do. a keyboard dialog will pop up and you can start typing there.
I have click it several times but I don't get any pop up.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 19:48)iStranger Wrote: I have click it several times but I don't get any pop up.

k, i'll need a Debug Log then. if you could follow these steps:
1. enable debuglogging in xbmc. (settings > system > debugging)
2. enable logging in the weather addon (settings > weather > - settings > advanced options)
3. restart xbmc and wait a minute
5. go to weather settings and click onthe 'location 1' setting
4. upload the contents of your xbmc.log file to xbmclogs.com and post the url here

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - iStranger - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 21:26)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 19:48)iStranger Wrote: I have click it several times but I don't get any pop up.

k, i'll need a debug log then. if you could follow these steps:
1. enable debuglogging in xbmc. (settings > system > debugging)
2. enable logging in the weather addon (settings > weather > - settings > advanced options)
3. restart xbmc and wait a minute
5. go to weather settings and click onthe 'location 1' setting
4. upload the contents of your xbmc.log file to xbmclogs.com and post the url here
I hope I succeeded
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5544

BTW, I have needed to force quit XBMC every time I have tried to quit it during last two or three days. This time was no exception.

(2013-03-19, 22:05)iStranger Wrote: I hope I succeeded

BTW, I have needed to force quit XBMC every time I have tried to quit it during last two or three days. This time was no exception.

thanx for the log!
the weather addon doesn't seem to be running at all...

could you temporary rename this folder /Users/Eetu/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/
restart xbmc and try again?

this will start xbmc with confluence and without any other additional addons,
just to rule out one if your installed addons is causing issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - iStranger - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-19, 22:53)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 22:05)iStranger Wrote: I hope I succeeded

thanx for the log!
the weather addon doesn't seem to be running at all...

could you temporary rename this folder /Users/Eetu/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/
restart xbmc and try again?

this will start xbmc with confluence and without any other additional addons,
just to rule out one if your installed addons is causing issues.
I did it, started XBMC and boom - weather app was back and working perfectly Smile

So this is means one of my add-ons is causing this, right? Can you see from the log file which one or do I need to check them one by one?

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 19:41)iStranger Wrote: I did it, started XBMC and boom - weather app was back and working perfectly Smile

So this is means one of my add-ons is causing this, right? Can you see from the log file which one or do I need to check them one by one?

first thing i would do is upgrade to frodo 12.1
we had a bug in one of the rc builds that caused issues like this.

if upgrading doesn't work, please report back.

most likely candidate for your issue: script.randomandlastitems

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - iStranger - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-20, 19:58)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 19:41)iStranger Wrote: I did it, started XBMC and boom - weather app was back and working perfectly Smile

first thing i would do is upgrade to frodo 12.1
we had a bug in one of the rc builds that caused issues like this.

if upgrading doesn't work, please report back.

most likely candidate for your issue: script.randomandlastitems
I didn't even know 12.1 was out yet Big Grin Anyways, downloading it seems to have fixed the problem with weather and also problem with not quitting properly. Thank you for your help Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-03-25

latest test version:
weather.wunderground-1.0.11.zip

changelog:

v1.0.11
- fix corrupted alert message

v1.0.10
- fix potential crash on invalid json response
- fix api error response check
- added gzip compression support

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-04-27

latest test version:
weather.wunderground-1.0.13.zip

changelog:

v1.0.13
- added localtime and localdate infolabels

v1.0.12
- added yyyy-mm-dd format for regions that use this format
- fixed strip returns in rss infolabel

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - denywinarto - 2013-05-04

Hi, is there anyway to completely disable this weather plugin?
I've looked around and can't find the answer..

The disable and uninstall option in Addon are greyed out...

I'm trying to build very light xbmc for a low spec hardware...

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-05-04

(2013-05-04, 06:13)denywinarto Wrote: Hi, is there anyway to completely disable this weather plugin?

thanks

sure: settings > weather > service for weather information > none

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - denywinarto - 2013-05-04

(2013-05-04, 11:26)ronie Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 06:13)denywinarto Wrote: Hi, is there anyway to completely disable this weather plugin?

thanks

sure: settings > weather > service for weather information > none

Thanks ronnie why didn't i see that before..

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - Hitcher - 2013-05-04

I've been coding up a weather screen and can't get Window(Weather).Property(Current.OutlookIcon) to return anything for a number of different locations.

Also, why do the DAY values start from 0 while the DAILY values start from 1?
It makes using them very confusing!

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-04, 16:50)Hitcher Wrote: I've been coding up a weather screen and can't get Window(Weather).Property(Current.OutlookIcon) to return anything for a number of different locations.
yes, this is very confusing.. and i'm not 100% sure myself what exactly happens.

the addon *does* provide the Current.OutlookIcon property, but XBMC seems to read it, clear it
and then provide it as Current.ConditionIcon to the skin.

so use the latter and it should work.

(2013-05-04, 16:50)Hitcher Wrote: Also, why do the DAY values start from 0 while the DAILY values start from 1?
It makes using them very confusing!

Thanks.

simple answer: no idea Smile
this is how the weather.com plus addon did it, and i just used that so users
could easily switch between the two addons without the need for skin changes.