Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cward0625 - 2013-01-21

I am trying to get xbmc to only use external players for 3d movies. I ready earlier in the thread different codes on how to do this and tried to do this on my htpc but its not working for me. For my media files I have put '3D' in for 3d mkvs, and '[BD3D]' for bluray 3d iso's.Currently all mkv is playing in mpc, and all iso is playing in powerdvd so its not restricting to 3d files. This is the code I am using:

playerfactory xml:
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="*[BD3D]*" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="*3D*" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="*3D*" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>

Is there an AND clause missing or something, to make it check the filename and type?

Also my other issue is bdmv file types are not playing in powerdvd.Powerdvd launches but nothing happens. This is my code in PLayBDMV:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

I tried clicking on the lower left icon in powerdvd and that did not seem to want to play the bluray either via the folder either. Am I supposed to mount this somehow first? Is this what Anydvd HD is for? All my ISOs play fine so I hadnt got anydvd hd as I wasn't sure if I really needed it.

Appreciate any help with these last tweaks.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mediaman13 - 2013-01-21

Hello,

I'm a noob trying to transition to xbmc from mediabrowser. I'm having trouble with my playercorefactory file being reconized in xbmc. When i load xbmc it play all my media with the default player regardless of my playercorefactory settings. What I am trying to do is play "mkv" files with mpc-hc only & play dvd disc, bluray disc, DVD iso, bluray iso with totalmedia 5. PlayBDMV, PlayDisc and PlayISO from the first post all the have correct path and work when I double click on them outside of xbmc, but the default player is used for example when I hit playdisc in XBMC. Could somebody help me out with my codes. much appreciated.

playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>3600</playcountminimumtime>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-01-21

@mediaman13
It may be a typo, but the first line in your playercorefactory.xml

playercorefactory>

Should be

<playercorefactory>

@cward0625
Change these 2 rules

to

<rule filenames=".*[BD3D]*" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filenames=".*3D*" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>

It should then only play files with those names.

AnyDVD HD is not needed when playing back unprotected BD ISO files.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cward0625 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-21, 20:17)acejh1987 Wrote: @cward0625
Change these 2 rules

to

<rule filenames=".*[BD3D]*" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filenames=".*3D*" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>

It should then only play files with those names.

AnyDVD HD is not needed when playing back unprotected BD ISO files.

I tried the above and still all my mkv files play via mpc and not within xbmc. Am I supposed to refresh something to see the change? I exited xbmc and opened it again after making the change and it did not work.

Can anybody guide me on how to get the bdmv files to work? I have my movie folder and then the bdmv folder under that, and this contains the .index file. I try playing them in xbmc and they do not load, and i try running them in powerdvd and they do not work.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ConradP - 2013-01-23

Hi!

I'm new here and just reinstalled windows 7 on my HTPC. I also installed XBCM 12, Frodo. Now I'm getting frustrated because I can't get TMT5 to launch 3d iso files. MKV files play fine in MPC-HC external player. When I double click my PlayISO.bat file, TMT5 launches. I also tested the path of the PlayISO.bat in the windows command bar and it is correct. I can't find what I did wrong so that TM5 will not launch. In XBMC I have set the settings to maximized window instead of fullscreen. All my 3d movies have "3d" somewhere in the name and are *.iso files.

When I click a 3D movie in XBMC, I first get this screen (sorry it's in dutch):

When I click main movie it starts to play in the XBMC player. When I select play with.. and then ISO Player, the screen flashes to my desktop a milisecond and then returns to XBMC. I hope someone here can tell what I'm doing wrong ! I'm using Virtual Clone Drive and the path is also correct. This is my playercorefactory.xml file contents:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<playercorefactory>

-<players> -<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="BDMV_Player">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Gebruikers\Conrad\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename> <args>"{1}"/fullscreen</args> <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> </player>

-<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="Universal_Player"> <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename> <args>"{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> </player>

-<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="ISO_Player">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Gebruikers\Conrad\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename> <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args> <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> </player>

-<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="Disc_Player">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Gebruikers\Conrad\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename> <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args> <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> </player>

</players>
-<rules action="prepend">
<rule player="BDMV_Player" filetypes="bdmv"/>
<rule player="Universal_Player" filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts"/>
<rule player="ISO_Player" filetypes="iso"/>
<rule player="ISO_Player" filetypes="iso" filenames=".*3d.*"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And my Playiso bat file:

Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" F:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 03:01)cward0625 Wrote: I tried the above and still all my mkv files play via mpc and not within xbmc. Am I supposed to refresh something to see the change? I exited xbmc and opened it again after making the change and it did not work.

Can anybody guide me on how to get the bdmv files to work? I have my movie folder and then the bdmv folder under that, and this contains the .index file. I try playing them in xbmc and they do not load, and i try running them in powerdvd and they do not work.

Are all ISO files still having the same problem too? (All still playing in PowerDVD?)

Could you give an example of how a 3D MKV is named.

Try this MKV rule, see if it helps at all.

<rule filename=".*3D.*" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>

Could you post a logfile when you try to play a bdmv folder with XBMC's player.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-01-23

@ConradP

Are you trying to play only 3D ISO files with TMT5 or all ISO files?
Do you have any BDMV files that you want to playback?
Do you need the Disc_Player? Because you don't have any rules set for it.

First if we can get the rules correct and then we can have a look why TMT5 isn't launching.

Assuming you only want 3D ISO in TMT5 and have no BDMV files and don't use Disc_Player, try this as your playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>

<players>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>

<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Gebruikers\Conrad\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>    
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
         </player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*3d.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
    </rules>

</playercorefactory>

Now when you click main movie from the popup menu it should try and launch TMT5 instead of starting to play in the XBMC player.

When you now try to play a 3D ISO using this playercorefactory.xml, when the desktop shows, do you see a command box at all?

Also is it any different if you set the video output to Fullscreen and enable 'Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen'

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ConradP - 2013-01-23

@acejh1987

Your assumption is right. I only have MKV movies which play in MPC-HC and I have 3d Blu-rays in iso format. I changed my playercorefactory.xml to your code above. Unfortunately the problem stays the same. When I click a 3d movie it plays in standard XBMC player and when I select play with... ISO player, my screen flashes to desktop very quickly and then back to xbmc and nothing happens. It's too short to see if there is a command box opening. I suppose not.

Then I changed the maximized window to fullscreen and it still doesn't work. When I do this there is just a flash, I can't even see my desktop.

(2013-01-23, 16:37)ConradP Wrote: @acejh1987

Your assumption is right. I only have MKV movies which play in MPC-HC and I have 3d Blu-rays in iso format. I changed my playercorefactory.xml to your code above. Unfortunately the problem stays the same. When I click a 3d movie it plays in standard XBMC player and when I select play with... ISO player, my screen flashes to desktop very quickly and then back to xbmc and nothing happens. It's too short to see if there is a command box opening. I suppose not.

Then I changed the maximized window to fullscreen and it still doesn't work. When I do this there is just a flash, I can't even see my desktop.

Would it be possible for you to post an XBMC logfile after you try playing a 3D ISO (With ISO_Player) - so I can take a look at whats happening?
Its located at C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
You could post the contents somewhere like pastebin

When you use the 'play with' menu what shows as the default player?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Bam2000 - 2013-01-25

hey, i got the external Player Code working with Total Media 5, but it didn't show the Total Media because it was in the Background of XBMC... so i have told in the script under <hidexbmc> "True" now Total Media shows up... but it isn't marked, i have the stupid windows start menu bar and i cant move with my Remote.
Only after i switch to Total Media 5 with "alt+tab" i have true fullscreen and i can move with my remote.

Any ideas how i can fix this?

Greetings
Carsten

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2013-01-26

(2012-12-30, 01:46)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 00:22)CaptainKen Wrote: "ATI Radeon HD 4350" and "Sony STRDA5300ES Receiver"
You have a very nice AVR. Unfortunately, your GPU doesn't have the same capability as your AVR. You need at least this $15 "XFX One ON-XFX1-PLS2 Radeon HD 5450 1GB" GPU to enjoy all the latest audio codecs (TrueHD/DTS-HD).....

I highly recommending this "SAPPHIRE 100323-2L Radeon HD 6570 1GB" GPU instead....

@bluray, I just came across this HD audio limitation of AMD fglrx in Linux. So does this mean that the HD 6570 I bought will have this limitation in Eden/Frodo?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cward0625 - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-23, 11:57)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 03:01)cward0625 Wrote: I tried the above and still all my mkv files play via mpc and not within xbmc. Am I supposed to refresh something to see the change? I exited xbmc and opened it again after making the change and it did not work.

Are all ISO files still having the same problem too? (All still playing in PowerDVD?)

Could you give an example of how a 3D MKV is named.

Try this MKV rule, see if it helps at all.

<rule filename=".*3D.*" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>

Could you post a logfile when you try to play a bdmv folder with XBMC's player.

I tried your suggestion and it still does not work, all mkv's still play in MPC, it does not seem to check for the filename and just send every mkv to MPC.

Here are some examples of my file names:
taken.2.2012.1080p
the.bourne.ultimatum.2007.1080p

These still get picked up and played in MPC along with the 3d file names like this:

how.to.train.your.dragon.2010.3D

I will need to respond later with the bdmv piece, I want to play with that a bit more.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-21, 02:10)cward0625 Wrote: playerfactory xml:
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<!-- Bluray AVI -->

The rules below should playback 3d movies only, and you need to name your movie as these three samples (how to train your dragon 2010 3d.mkv, how to train your dragon 2010 3d.avi and how to train your dragon 2010 3d.iso)....

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3d." player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="avi" filename=".*3d." player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*3d." player="ISO_Player"/>

(2013-01-26, 02:15)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 01:46)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 00:22)CaptainKen Wrote: "ATI Radeon HD 4350" and "Sony STRDA5300ES Receiver"
You have a very nice AVR. Unfortunately, your GPU doesn't have the same capability as your AVR. You need at least this $15 "XFX One ON-XFX1-PLS2 Radeon HD 5450 1GB" GPU to enjoy all the latest audio codecs (TrueHD/DTS-HD).....

I highly recommending this "SAPPHIRE 100323-2L Radeon HD 6570 1GB" GPU instead....

@bluray, I just came across this HD audio limitation of AMD fglrx in Linux. So does this mean that the HD 6570 I bought will have this limitation in Eden/Frodo?
Sorry, I don't use Linux.....it should bitstream HD audio fine with Windows....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 06:48)bluray Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 02:10)cward0625 Wrote: playerfactory xml:
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<!-- Bluray AVI -->

The rules below should playback 3d movies only, and you need to name your movie as these three samples (how to train your dragon 2010 3d.mkv, how to train your dragon 2010 3d.avi and how to train your dragon 2010 3d.iso)....

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3d." player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="avi" filename=".*3d." player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*3d." player="ISO_Player"/>

(2013-01-26, 02:15)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 01:46)bluray Wrote: You have a very nice AVR. Unfortunately, your GPU doesn't have the same capability as your AVR. You need at least this $15 "XFX One ON-XFX1-PLS2 Radeon HD 5450 1GB" GPU to enjoy all the latest audio codecs (TrueHD/DTS-HD).....

Sorry, I don't use Linux.....it should bitstream HD audio fine with Windows....

LOL, this is what happens when I stay up all night playing with XBMC...I don't think clearly. I'm using Windows for HTPC. Linux came into my head because I've also been playing with the Raspbmc. Sorry!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - chrisuk11 - 2013-01-27

I have added / edited the relevant files.
However whenever I try and play an mkv through XBMC it now keeps trying to play all files through TMT5 ? I only want it to play the bluray discs in the drive? Sad