Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- ThY91 - 2012-01-10

Mine seems to freeze xbmc as it is trying to load for about 30 seconds when I put the blu ray disc in, then when I click play disc it launchs power dvd 11 but doesn't go fullscreen and doesn't play the movie, I need to hit enter for it to start playing the movie then it goes full screen.

This is on windows 7 64 bit with Eden beta 1. Only really want this so I can watch the blu ray discs I have

Will post up debug log and what my playercore and batch scripts look like when I have some more time.

EDIT:

http://pastebin.com/z6PzsKRP

Code:
Current Playercore

<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
        <filename>C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
        <args>"{1}"</args>
        <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
        <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Play Disc.bat, which loads the player

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file anywhere

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:

Did have this but it didn't work at all

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" E:

- bluray - 2012-01-10

A Murder of Crows Wrote:You were right. i found out some very interesting things about my system tonight.

I need a new video card that supports bitstreaming properly. Until then, i have to set my home theater to Direct and set windows to 7.1 speaker setup for my AMD HDMI output.

I was able to watch HD-DVDs properly last night with TMT5, and i'm rather stoked about it. I think i'm going to hold off on doing any more configuration until i get that new video card, as i'm pretty much of the mindset to set it once right and forget it.
If you have a PCIe slot available on your mobo, you can crab this $29 discrete GPU (AMD HD6450). It should playback BD file in full 1080P video with DTS-HD/TrueHD audio and 3d too.

- bluray - 2012-01-10

ThY91 Wrote:Mine seems to freeze xbmc as it is trying to load for about 30 seconds when I put the blu ray disc in, then when I click play disc it launchs power dvd 11 but doesn't go fullscreen and doesn't play the movie, I need to hit enter for it to start playing the movie then it goes full screen.

This is on windows 7 64 bit with Eden beta 1. Only really want this so I can watch the blu ray discs I have

Will post up debug log and what my playercore and batch scripts look like when I have some more time.

EDIT:

http://pastebin.com/z6PzsKRP

Code:
Current Playercore

<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
        <args>"{1}"</args>
        <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
        <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Play Disc.bat, which loads the player

@echo off

Did have this but it didn't work at all

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" E:
You can give the codes below a try:

1. Replace your existing Playercorefactory codes with the codes below:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

2. Your PlayDisc codes should be fine as shown below and you used the correct PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe in it:

@echo off

- noworry - 2012-01-10

I setup external player on my new HTPC for the first time, and it work as advertised. Thanks Bluray for making it very easy to set it up. I downloaded Playercorefactory/PlayDisc/PlayISO/PlayBDMV and changed TMT5 path to the correct PDVD10 path on my HTPC. Oh, and the correct Playdisc/PlayISO/PlayBDMV paths on my HTPC (roamin>xbmc>userdata) in Playercorefactory. Everthing works great with XBMC Beta 1 so far.

I bet this guy (Bluray) will find something new to introduce in this forum again. He seems to never run out of idea, but I'm glad that somebody is doing all the work for me though. Thank you very much for sharing your ideas! Smile

- ThY91 - 2012-01-10

Cheers mate I'll give it a go when I'm home from work

- bluc - 2012-01-11

bluray Wrote:Okay, let try it again. Do as following:

1. Download these files- Playercorefactory and PlayISO
2. Remove the existing Playercorefactory and PlayISO from your (C:\Users\big mal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder
3. Place both downloaded Playercorefactory and PlayISO files without any change in your (C:\Users\big mal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder
4. Double click on the new Playercorefactory to make sure that there is no error. You can close it afterward.
5. Double click on PlayISO, and it should launch TMT5 without playing anything. You can close it afterward.
6. Select one blu-ray 3d ISO movie, and name it "The Dark Knight_3d"- I'm using "The Dark Knight_3d" as an example
7. Right click on the "The Dark Knight_3d", and scroll down to "Mount" and select "Virtual CloneDrive N:"
8. Double click on PlayISO again, and it should launch TMT5 and playback "The Dark Knight_3d" automatically. You can stop the movie and close everything afterward.
9 Right click on the "The Dark Knight_3d" again, and scroll down to "Unmount" to unmount it.
10. Launch XBMC>Videos>Files and select "The Dark Knight_3d". It should playback the movie using TMT5.

Good Luck!Smile

Folowed your instructions everything worked as you said except for playing them from within xbmc. It just starts playing from the built in xbmc player.No

- bluray - 2012-01-11

bluc Wrote:Folowed your instructions everything worked as you said except for playing them from within xbmc. It just starts playing from the built in xbmc player.No
I'm puzzled by it too. The only thing leff to do is sending your HTPC to me...I'm just kidding!

The codes are correct, but for whatever reason XBMC is not seeing playercorefactory in roaming folder. Sorry that I cannot help you further.

The only thing left is un-install XBMC completely and delete all XBMC folders in roaming and program file and remove everything relate to XBMC in registry. You can re-install XBMC 11.0 Beta 1 afterward!

- bluc - 2012-01-11

bluray Wrote:I'm puzzled by it too. The only thing leff to do is sending your HTPC to me...I'm just kidding!

The codes are correct, but for whatever reason XBMC is not seeing playercorefactory in roaming folder. Sorry that I cannot help you further.

The only thing left is un-install XBMC completely and delete all XBMC folders in roaming and program file and remove everything relate to XBMC in registry. You can install re-install XBMC 11.0 Beta 1 afterward!

Ok will try that.cheers and thanks for the help!!

- ThY91 - 2012-01-11

bluray Wrote:You can give the codes below a try:

1. Replace your existing Playercorefactory codes with the codes below:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

2. Your PlayDisc codes should be fine as shown below and you used the correct PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe in it:

@echo off

Hate to say it but that actually made it worse it won't launch at all now, tries to play with the default player.

I also can't figure out why xbmc becomes non-resonsive for 30 seconds when the disc is inserted and if the disc is left in and xbmc has to launch it does the xbmc splash screen and then just sits on a black screen.

- bluray - 2012-01-11

ThY91 Wrote:Hate to say it but that actually made it worse it won't launch at all now, tries to play with the default player.

I also can't figure out why xbmc becomes non-resonsive for 30 seconds when the disc is inserted and if the disc is left in and xbmc has to launch it does the xbmc splash screen and then just sits on a black screen.
Can you make sure that this path <C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat> is correct in playercorefactory. It showed that there is a gap between userd and ata. It is probably caused by copied and pasted.

Did you used Beta 1 or Dharma?

Let me Clarify - tomera69 - 2012-01-11

Dear Bluray, please try to understand my problem;
1. i only use mkv files. most of them are normal 2d films, and ther is no problem there. some are 3d mkv film, and there lays the problem.
2. i dont use play.bat file, because i dont need it for what i m trying to get.
3. both types of films have same extension; *.mkv, hence i want to use the "Play with.." option when u right mouse button on a movie.
the playercorefactory i published earlier works fine on another computer with same configeration.

the fact that if i put a real BD disc in the drive autamatically opens PDVD, has nothing to do with my problem. thats fine by me and i dont mind, i mostly use mkv 3d files.

basically, for some reason when i " play with.." on a movie, xbmc fade out, PDVD come on and after 2-3 seconds it says " there is no disc in drive x ", x being the optical drive.

i hope that clarifyies thing better.
my playercorefactorySadalthough i dont think the problem lays there)

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVDCinemaPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PDVDCinemaPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- ThY91 - 2012-01-11

Hey yeah I fixed that gap up, I thought it was just that at first but still no luck.

Using beta 1

Thanks for the help with this, I will play around with this more tonight and hopefully will get it working

- bluray - 2012-01-11

tomera69 Wrote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVDCinemaPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PDVDCinemaPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
The codes seem to be correct, but you can try this rule below:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Note- Make sure that you save playercorefactory.xml in roaming\xbmc\userdata folder.

- bluray - 2012-01-11

ThY91 Wrote:Hey yeah I fixed that gap up, I thought it was just that at first but still no luck.

Using beta 1

Thanks for the help with this, I will play around with this more tonight and hopefully will get it working
Just make sure that the PlayDisc.bat path is correct in Playercorefactory.xml. You can double click on Playercorefactory.xml to make sure that it launch without any error.

Make sure that both PlayDisc and Playercorefactory files are save in roaming\xbmc\userdata folder as shown below:

- ThY91 - 2012-01-12

Confirmed both in my userdata folder

This is what comes up when I double click the player core