Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - x400 - 2013-03-17

So I got up and followed the instructions here

and at first things wouldn't work, I'll describe my issue in case others experience the same

TMT6 would load but the drives would be empty (no iso mounted?)

But when I check VCD history it says the iso is mounted but it doesn't even show in My Computer (as there being a disc in the drive)

so I looked at the scripts and they were all correct, I was confused

so what i did was uninstall Virtual Clone Drive and re-installed it and everything works correctly now

I'm so happy Big Grin thanks for all the instructions posted in this thread Big Grin

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - yd82 - 2013-03-18

@acejh1987: Can you help me solve the following problem??

I use the code for external player as your instruction and successfully launch TMT5 with iso file. However, it can't load the bdmv file (object.bdmv or idex.bdmv). The TMT launched but can't load bluray folder. I looked at log file, everything seems correctly. Thus, I tried to run the index.bdmv file directly in window browser. It doesn't work as well. I think the problem is because of TMT5 can not be able to run index.bdmv or object.bdmv.

Can you help me please.

One more question, is the Media player classic HC or TMT5 give the better video/sound quality than internal player of XBMC? I still love using the XBMC's control (such as subtitle, audio, info ...)

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-03-18

Could you post the contents of playercorefactory.xml and your batch file.

The sound/video quality from XBMC should be the same as MPC/TMT.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - foppa - 2013-03-19

Hi,

thx for reading 173 pages..Smile
Finally I have a playercorefactory.xml which works with my bluray disc. I'm using frodo, aeon nox, windows 7 and PowerDVD12.

I'm not so sure about the whole call of an external player works at the end. When I press the disc icon, PowerDVD opens and then I have to press the start button for the movie or is there a possibility that this will works with the one click in xbmc?!

Also the windows bar appears when PowerDVD starts...is there a possibility to avoid that?!

kind regards & thx again for the help
Foppa

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - kaffekask - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-18, 07:09)yd82 Wrote: One more question, is the Media player classic HC or TMT5 give the better video/sound quality than internal player of XBMC? I still love using the XBMC's control (such as subtitle, audio, info ...)

That depends on which splitters, filters and codecs you use, but with MPC-HC you have the possibility to tune the quality...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-19, 22:56)foppa Wrote: Hi,

thx for reading 173 pages..Smile
Finally I have a playercorefactory.xml which works with my bluray disc. I'm using frodo, aeon nox, windows 7 and PowerDVD12.

I'm not so sure about the whole call of an external player works at the end. When I press the disc icon, PowerDVD opens and then I have to press the start button for the movie or is there a possibility that this will works with the one click in xbmc?!
XBMC included some blu-ray menu options, which cause this.....

(2013-03-19, 22:56)foppa Wrote: Also the windows bar appears when PowerDVD starts...is there a possibility to avoid that?!

kind regards & thx again for the help
Foppa
If you replace this "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" with this "<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>", you will not see Windows....it'll switch directly from Frodo screen to external player screen. It's somewhat seamless....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - yd82 - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-18, 10:13)acejh1987 Wrote: Could you post the contents of playercorefactory.xml and your batch file.

The sound/video quality from XBMC should be the same as MPC/TMT.

How can I upload the playercorefactory.xml and batch fileHuh

My concern is if setting MPC-HC with the best fillter/codec, how is the picture/audio (audio will passthrough external AVR) compare to XBMC internal player?

Right now, I am using the code acejh1987 provided to play only 3D with TMT5 and it's working flawlessly.

Thanks, but I still want to play Bluray folder with TMT

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wiggo - 2013-03-20

Hi All

I managed to get the problem with the external player sorted out (Thx Ace), the problem I have now is whenever I select the ISO on XBMC, it makes a very annoying tapping sound.

It carries on for about a minute and then slowly gets quieter and slowly comes to a stop.

Here is the LOG

Oh and don't laugh at the crap music I have on it. My girlfriends taste in music is awful lol.

Cheer

Wiggo

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 07:34)yd82 Wrote: My concern is if setting MPC-HC with the best fillter/codec, how is the picture/audio (audio will passthrough external AVR) compare to XBMC internal player?

Right now, I am using the code acejh1987 provided to play only 3D with TMT5 and it's working flawlessly.

Thanks, but I still want to play Bluray folder with TMT

Audio should be passed through exactly the same with XBMC, MPC-HC and TMT, if you are bitstreaming they shouldn't touch the audio.
Video will be similar between those players too, with MPC-HC having a slight edge if using a renderer like MadVR.

Try the codes from post #1610 make sure the paths are correct and ISO and BD Folders should work.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 18:10)wiggo Wrote: Hi All

I managed to get the problem with the external player sorted out (Thx Ace), the problem I have now is whenever I select the ISO on XBMC, it makes a very annoying tapping sound.

Wiggo
If you have it set to DirectSound in Frodo, try set it to WASAPI......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - trytony - 2013-03-20

Hi all.. i am running a CX-803 Mini TV dongle Android 4.1.2

I keep getting the external player active, press okay when its done playback..

This is only happening when i try to watch canada on demand which i recently downloaded with fusion.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get those streams to play? I want to get vlc setup as my external player, or any media player that plays those streams.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wiggo - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 21:13)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 18:10)wiggo Wrote: Hi All

Wiggo
If you have it set to DirectSound in Frodo, try set it to WASAPI......

Perfect. Thanks very much bluray

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-20, 22:17)trytony Wrote: I keep getting the external player active, press okay when its done playback..Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you haven't enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC video output, you need to enable it.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-18, 07:09)yd82 Wrote: @acejh1987: Can you help me solve the following problem??

I use the code for external player as your instruction and successfully launch TMT5 with iso file. However, it can't load the bdmv file (object.bdmv or idex.bdmv). The TMT launched but can't load bluray folder. I looked at log file, everything seems correctly. Thus, I tried to run the index.bdmv file directly in window browser. It doesn't work as well. I think the problem is because of TMT5 can not be able to run index.bdmv or object.bdmv.

Can you help me please.
I uses playercorefactory and PlayISO files from the first page, but I replaced the standard ISO/BDMV rules with this (<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*3d." player="ISO_Player"/>). My blu-ray folders with 3d in the name (Real Steel 3d) are playback using TMT5 and blu-ray folders without 3d in the name (Avatar) playback using Frodo internal player. The "3d" in the name is case sensitive.....

(2013-03-18, 07:09)yd82 Wrote: One more question, is the Media player classic HC or TMT5 give the better video/sound quality than internal player of XBMC? I still love using the XBMC's control (such as subtitle, audio, info ...)

Thanks
As far as sound quality- if you are bitstreaming HD audio to AVR for decoding, there is no different in sound quality. For video quality, all players are very compatible. MPC-HC is a little more flexible than other players....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - a8FTW - 2013-03-23

Thanks to everyone for there input, I wanted a slightly different arrangement so I made 2 different ISO .bat files, because I wanted to play 3D ISO's in TMT5 and 2D ISO's in MPC-HC. (MPC-HC has Reclock 24bit) and (TMT5 has frame sequential 3D, I don't use reclock for TMT5, no 24bit support with ASUS sound card or ATI HDMI output)

I called them:

Play2DISO.bat (opens MPC-HC)

"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC/mpc-hc.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Play3DISO.bat (opens TMT5)
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

playercorefactory.xml
<playercorefactory>
<players>