Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2013-04-22

I've downloaded and installed: "ffdshow_rev4504_20130312_clsid_x64" and "MPC-HC.1.6.6.6957.x64"

Followed setup instructions in: http://www.2shared.com/document/ovrWPOek...PC-HC.html

The issue is that MCP-HC is opening as it should but I have no XBMC controls over it. So I have to use my wireless keyboard to control it. The files below worked fine in Eden.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray Disc -->
         <rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" F:

EDIT:
I should add that I'm also using AnyDVD v7.1.8.0

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - kaffekask - 2013-04-22

What remote control and program do you use?

You have the map that to control MPC-HC and send the keys MPC-HC expects (or change those the the oned your remote sends) for all commands.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-22, 23:32)kaffekask Wrote: What remote control and program do you use?

You have the map that to control MPC-HC and send the keys MPC-HC expects (or change those the the oned your remote sends) for all commands.

Thanks for replying!

I haven't had a chance to dig in to the Eden settings detail, because that meant restoring a previous image and therefore, no one could watch TV. This time I made of copy of the Eden AppData\XBMC folder for future reference.

I checked my settings and they are the same. I also checked to see if I had a custom keyboard.xml file back then and I did not.

I'm using the "Official XBMC RemoteiOS - XBMC".

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2013-04-27

Bump

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - JDizzy - 2013-04-28

A quick question here:

Is anyone using JRiver Media Center 18 for external player?
If so, could you supply playercorefactory.xml for me to look at?

Thanks!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2013-04-28

Are there known issues with Bluray launching if WASAPI / exclusive mode is used for audio?

It looks like if I use WASAPI, blurays won't load. If I switch to direct sound, the blurays launch

I've recently upgraded my home theater to 5.1 audio so dealing with some issues that weren't issues in the past

Also, I get a loud repeating click between loading the bluray and start. If I leave it on WASAPI, that click does not go away since the movie never loads. I still hear it under direct sound but it goes away when the movie loaded

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2013-04-28

(2013-04-28, 21:38)andyd Wrote: Are there known issues with Bluray launching if WASAPI / exclusive mode is used for audio?

It looks like if I use WASAPI, blurays won't load. If I switch to direct sound, the blurays launch

I've recently upgraded my home theater to 5.1 audio so dealing with some issues that weren't issues in the past

Also, I get a loud repeating click between loading the bluray and start. If I leave it on WASAPI, that click does not go away since the movie never loads. I still hear it under direct sound but it goes away when the movie loaded

The clicking sound has come up a few times in this thread, but I can't remember the solution. I'm sure a search will find the answer.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2013-04-29

Ok I'll look. Minor thing that I can deal with, though. More for the WASAPI

EDIT - Looks like the detail is actually above for the clicking sound. A bug with XBMC releasing audio and the way to get rid of it is to turn off GUI sounds. I guess I can live without it for now.

And just tried it now - no clicking after disabling

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - JDizzy - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-28, 18:14)JDizzy Wrote: A quick question here:
Is anyone using JRiver Media Center 18 for external player?
If so, could you supply playercorefactory.xml for me to look at?

Basically, I am using the playercorefactory.xml that is supplied at top of this thread and modified it to launch JRiver Media Center 18.

Everything works perfect except when you stop the movie (and go to return to XBMC interface), JRiver stays on top (doesn't close) and you can't get to button to return to XBMC.

Hope that makes sense... just wondering how to get JRiver to close after stopping movie?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Teki Ninjo - 2013-04-30

Hi guys,

first of all I´d like to thank everyone for their help in here, you are doing a great job and helped me (for example) setting up TMT as an external BD player just by reading in here...
I just have a small problem with it:

Using an external BD player only works for me when I have XBMC set to windowed fullscreen. With that setting though, the files that XBMC itself plays (like .avi or .mkv) are stuttering. The stuttering ends when I set XBMC to true fullscreen, but then the external player won´t start...

Is there a possibility to to tell XBMC to switch to windowed mode when it is going to start the/an external player?

Thank you so much!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - true_devil - 2013-05-01

Hi all,

So i have a two quick questions on this topic.

As background, I have set up the playercorefactory.xml as per the first post to launch TMT when a bluray or 3D is played but this only works if the file is saved on my pc or nas. The questions i have are:

1 - Is it possible to launch an external program (TMT in this case) when i open an internet stream from one of the add-ons that's 3D?

2- If it is possible, what rules do i need to set in the .xml so that it only launches the external program when it's a 3D stream only and not any of the other files.

I have tried to follow the external player WIKI to add the filenames rule and also internet steam "true" but no luck.

I hope this made sense. Any help is much appreciated.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Keithz29 - 2013-05-01

I too have TotalMedia Theatre 5 and want to play everything with it that it will play. I used Blurays suggestion but still isn't playing standard dvds in TMT5.I also need it to play files off of an Unraid server. It's rips are iso and ts files. Any help appreciated. Confused

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - true_devil - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-01, 11:23)true_devil Wrote: Hi all,

As background, I have set up the playercorefactory.xml as per the first post to launch TMT when a bluray or 3D is played but this only works if the file is saved on my pc or nas. The questions i have are:

1 - Is it possible to launch an external program (TMT in this case) when i open an internet stream from one of the add-ons that's 3D?

2- If it is possible, what rules do i need to set in the .xml so that it only launches the external program when it's a 3D stream only and not any of the other files.

I have tried to follow the external player WIKI to add the filenames rule and also internet steam "true" but no luck.

Sorry to bump this, could still use some help on this!

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2013-05-07

(2013-04-25, 06:52)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 23:32)kaffekask Wrote: What remote control and program do you use?

Thanks for replying!

I haven't had a chance to dig in to the Eden settings detail, because that meant restoring a previous image and therefore, no one could watch TV. This time I made of copy of the Eden AppData\XBMC folder for future reference.

I checked my settings and they are the same. I also checked to see if I had a custom keyboard.xml file back then and I did not.

I'm using the "Official XBMC RemoteiOS - XBMC".

I see that I could have been clearer regarding the use of the wireless keyboard.The wireless allows for the control of MPC only from within MPC. So whether I use the RemoteiOS or wireless keyboard, neither allows usage of the XBMC OSD for Blu-ray discs.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - h8redv2 - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-07, 11:57)true_devil Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 11:23)true_devil Wrote: Hi all,

Sorry to bump this, could still use some help on this!

Thanks

Hi
What I did, was name my 3d blurays like this: some.great.movie.3D.year.iso and then have my playercorefactory look for the "3D" as a rule to call up tmt5.

Let me know if you would like mine as a sample.