Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - true_devil - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-08, 09:12)h8redv2 Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 11:57)true_devil Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 11:23)true_devil Wrote: Hi all,

So i have a two quick questions on this topic.

As background, I have set up the playercorefactory.xml as per the first post to launch TMT when a bluray or 3D is played but this only works if the file is saved on my pc or nas. The questions i have are:

1 - Is it possible to launch an external program (TMT in this case) when i open an internet stream from one of the add-ons that's 3D?

2- If it is possible, what rules do i need to set in the .xml so that it only launches the external program when it's a 3D stream only and not any of the other files.

I have tried to follow the external player WIKI to add the filenames rule and also internet steam "true" but no luck.

I hope this made sense. Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry to bump this, could still use some help on this!

Thanks

Hi
What I did, was name my 3d blurays like this: some.great.movie.3D.year.iso and then have my playercorefactory look for the "3D" as a rule to call up tmt5.

Let me know if you would like mine as a sample.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have manged to get TMT to launch when the video has 3D in it. The only thing left is to figure out a way for either TMT, Powerdvd, Stereoscopic player to launch when i select a 3D movie from an add on like icefilms or mash up.

ANy idea on that?

Thanks,
TD

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Cath Barkley - 2013-05-09

Sorry if this question has been answered before, I searched.

When you select a bluray movie in XBMC, it opens up a dialogue which says "Select playback item", then you have the options to "play main title", "Select from all titles" and "Show bluray menus". Is it possible to have "Play main tltle" and "Select form all titles" mapped to their normal functions, and only have "Show bluray menus" opening the external player?

Bluray menus seem to be a bit hit-and-miss, even in PowerDVD, a and are slow to load at the best of times so it would be good to still be able to play the movies with XBMC's player.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Soujirou Seta - 2013-05-10

Hello guys!

Anyone can help me? Gotham l TMT6

I want the TMT play only ISO.BD and M2ts files, where i wrong, please:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-----------------------------------

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" E:

----------------------------------

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" J:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

-----------------------------------

Many thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-14

Wow this thread is long, and confusing! I've been trying to read through as much as I can but find myself getting lost fairly easy. I hope someone can point me in the best direction to answer my request (and apologies if this has all been answered before but finding it hasn't been easy).

I am trying to add 3D movies in full HD to XBMC. So far I know I need to rip full 3D BD discs to .iso (and figured out how to do that). I've also found this thread and some of the info contained about the .bat and .xml files, where to put them and how to edit them. This is where I am stuck. How do I get the movie titles into XBMC, and how do I set up XBMC to run the .bat for only the 3D movies?

HTPC with Intel i5, 8GB Ram, Radeon 6670 GPU. XBMC Frodo, TMT6, Virtual Clone Drive.

Advice, help and general direction is appreciated. Maybe I just need a simple kick in the butt?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - true_devil - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 13:35)Batiatus Wrote: Wow this thread is long, and confusing! I've been trying to read through as much as I can but find myself getting lost fairly easy. I hope someone can point me in the best direction to answer my request (and apologies if this has all been answered before but finding it hasn't been easy).

I am trying to add 3D movies in full HD to XBMC. So far I know I need to rip full 3D BD discs to .iso (and figured out how to do that). I've also found this thread and some of the info contained about the .bat and .xml files, where to put them and how to edit them. This is where I am stuck. How do I get the movie titles into XBMC, and how do I set up XBMC to run the .bat for only the 3D movies?

HTPC with Intel i5, 8GB Ram, Radeon 6670 GPU. XBMC Frodo, TMT6, Virtual Clone Drive.

Advice, help and general direction is appreciated. Maybe I just need a simple kick in the butt?

Don't worry mate, i was in the same boat. I would suggest going back to the first post on this thread as it gives you all the info on where to put the files and such.

In regards to the videos, just save them whereever you want and you can navigate to the folder in XBMC. All you have to do is edit the files posted here with the right path for where your software is involved, put them in the userdata folder and off you go. You may need to edit the files a bit depending on your needs but just have a bit of read through this thread and you'll find your answers.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 14:30)true_devil Wrote: Don't worry mate, i was in the same boat. I would suggest going back to the first post on this thread as it gives you all the info on where to put the files and such.

In regards to the videos, just save them whereever you want and you can navigate to the folder in XBMC. All you have to do is edit the files posted here with the right path for where your software is involved, put them in the userdata folder and off you go. You may need to edit the files a bit depending on your needs but just have a bit of read through this thread and you'll find your answers.

I've gone through the first post and I 'believe' got the correct files in the correct places with the correct changes. However I still can't get XBMC to recognize the .iso files or directories, so I'm not sure what is going wrong there. I guess the biggest issue is that the guide, while trying to be very helpful, is a bit tricky to fully understand, at least if you don't have some background in what it's talking about. I get lost in all sorts of code talk, even if I understand the basic principles of it. Sort of if you have a basic understanding of another language and try to follow someone who's fluent rambling at a mile-a-minute. I'll keep poking around though.

edt: Just got the first couple .iso I've ripped to load into XBMC. Using resources to rip another .iso at the moment and don't want to bugger that out trying to see they will play yet.

OK XBMC recognizes the .iso files as movies (though it doesn't fill out all the information accurately) but when I select play it plays the movie through XBMC. Going through the script instructions again I see a problem, I don't have this directory to put the 2 files into C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata (yes I know to change the USERNAME field). So I'm still not getting 3D output.

Also, how does using this script work with Cinema Experience? I tried and CE ran as normal accept it didn't play the audio format trailer before the film starts (again through XBMC, not TMT6).

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Soujirou Seta - 2013-05-15

It`s possible proceed with this using Alcohol 120%?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - true_devil - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-14, 16:01)Batiatus Wrote: OK XBMC recognizes the .iso files as movies (though it doesn't fill out all the information accurately) but when I select play it plays the movie through XBMC. Going through the script instructions again I see a problem, I don't have this directory to put the 2 files into C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata (yes I know to change the USERNAME field). So I'm still not getting 3D output.

Also, how does using this script work with Cinema Experience? I tried and CE ran as normal accept it didn't play the audio format trailer before the film starts (again through XBMC, not TMT6).

right, try follow the steps below and see if that helps..

Before you do the below steps, go into the control panel and then under folder options make sure that you tick the box which says "show hidden files and folders"

1- Click on " My Computer" then "C Drive" then "Users" then "Username" (this should be whatever you Windows user name is) then "AppData" Then "Roaming" then "XBMC" then "userdata"
2- Copy and past the files in the "Userdata" folder
3- now whilst still in the userdata folder click on the address bar at the top and you will see the entire path for example "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata"
4- Copy and paste that path in the files you downloaded in the relevant sections within the files you just copied into the folder
5 - Open xbmc and try and play the ISO

Let us know the results.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-15, 11:29)true_devil Wrote: right, try follow the steps below and see if that helps..

Before you do the below steps, go into the control panel and then under folder options make sure that you tick the box which says "show hidden files and folders"

1- Click on " My Computer" then "C Drive" then "Users" then "Username" (this should be whatever you Windows user name is) then "AppData" Then "Roaming" then "XBMC" then "userdata"
2- Copy and past the files in the "Userdata" folder
3- now whilst still in the userdata folder click on the address bar at the top and you will see the entire path for example "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata"
4- Copy and paste that path in the files you downloaded in the relevant sections within the files you just copied into the folder
5 - Open xbmc and try and play the ISO

Let us know the results.

I figured most of that out myself with a bit more research. Silly of me to forget about hidden folders. I feel dumb.

Now the results. XBMX reads the .iso files but classifies them all as DVD without aspect, audio and video formats ACCEPT for Jurassic Park (no idea why). I select play and XBMX closes with TMT6 opening, showing me all the screens along the way, and launches the BD .iso from the very beginning of the disc, all previews and warnings and blah blah blah. If I scan to the very end of the movie TMT6 just sits and waits for me to close it, which then jumps me back into XBMC.

When I try Cinema Experience it works as normal through the trailers until I get to any video in HD quality or container. At that point TMT6 launches and plays those files, minus the proper audio format file, but it sits and waits at the end of each video for me to close TMT6 so it can re-open with the next file. Not at all how I'd hoped this would work, but it's some progress.

Now here's the kicker. I'm working on 2 machines, my desktop PC and the HTPC I'm setting up with all the storage etc. I do the experimenting on my desktop, where all the above is working. I copy everything over to the HTPC and make the changes in paths needed and poof, TMT6 doesn't launch through XBMC. No idea why as everything is exactly the same save for 1 path username.

My hope with all this was to launch 3D Blu-ray .iso in full HD resolution via XBMC directly into the main movie and once ended or quit be right back in XBMC without seeing loading screens and GUI and scripts running in the mean time and between time. This HTPC will be pushed through a projector onto a 120" screen in a custom built home theater. I'm sure I'm just missing a few points or something but my brain is scrambled from being sick and I'm just getting lost.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-16

Seem to have a few things figured out but still a ways to go. XBMC will now launch, via the script, VCDMount to mount the .iso and open TMT6 to it's main menu. Well actually it opens TMT6 to a start-up screen asking if I want to continue to use the free trial or to purchase. I select free trial and it goes to the main TMT6 screen for Window 8. I then have to use the mouse to select the mounted .iso and it begins running it from the beginning of the 'disc'. Not exactly what I'm after.

Also, when TMT6 begins playing the 3d .iso it's not in full screen, based on the setting I have to choose in the 3D options menu to have everything in proper colour. If I change the option to "Other Display" it will play in fullscreen but all the colours are messed up (very green and purple) and I think it's sort-of anaglyph 3D.

So my issues/questions are....

If I purchase TMT6 eliminating the question at the start-up will that launch the movie directly out of XBMC or do I still have to go through the full 'disc' process?

How do I get TMT6 to use all of the screen when playing back in 3D? Is it a AMD setting or something burried in TMT6 that I can not find? Video is via HDMI through a Radeon 6670 into an Onkyo 609 receiver out to a 65" Panasonic VT30

I think once these issues are sorted out I've got almost everything set-up the way I need, till the actual home theater is built.

Oh one last thing, I mistakenly picked to use the on-screen mouse remote controls in TMT6 and I can't find any way to turn the bloody annoying thing off! Any advice here?

And lastly.... how do you STOP TMT6 from auto-starting when you insert a Blu-ray into the drive? I don't want it to run when I'm trying to rip the disc!!!!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - HD Life - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-15, 13:57)Batiatus Wrote: Now the results. XBMX reads the .iso files but classifies them all as DVD without aspect, audio and video formats ACCEPT for Jurassic Park (no idea why).

I got the same problem with this myself, except it will show the audio info for a while then I just played the movie and as soon as I started an another movie the info will disappear.
Also, if I pause, everything is there, the BluRay, audio and ascpect info, except for that it doesn't tell if 1.78, 1.85 or 2.35 and classifies all as just 16.9.

And just a question, why would anyone choose to play through an external player, what would be the advantages against XBMC?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 08:37)HD Life Wrote: I got the same problem with this myself, except it will show the audio info for a while then I just played the movie and as soon as I started an another movie the info will disappear.
Also, if I pause, everything is there, the BluRay, audio and ascpect info, except for that it doesn't tell if 1.78, 1.85 or 2.35 and classifies all as just 16.9.

And just a question, why would anyone choose to play through an external player, what would be the advantages against XBMC?

All my MKV just show 16:9 aspect to, which kinda sucks.

My reason for needing an external player is to playback 3D in full HD. At this point XBMC doesn't support full frame 3D playback via ISO or MKV or whatever format. Only SBS (side-by-side) and similar 3D formats which are not full HD. Kinda defeats the purpose of spending 4 grand on a full HD 3D projector and then feed it lossy signals.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - HD Life - 2013-05-16

OK, so it's just for 3D. That's why my 3D in full HD wont play, I've heard that XBMC there able to play 3D, I suspect it wasn't any full HD then.
For me it doesn't matter since I got seasick in just 10 min and felt ill for an hour.

Well more experimenting and still more issues. First, the stupid clicking sound from XBMC when launching TMT6 and then playback is horribly slow. Changed the GUI Sound settings to never and the clicking stopped. Now some of the 3D ISOs work fine (as descripbed above) but others play for 2-3 seconds and then just hang. Pirates 4 plays fine, Jurassic Park hangs. Tron fine, Dredd hangs. Wrath of the Titans fins but Clash hangs. Ugh!