Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - HD Life - 2013-05-26

(2013-05-23, 20:40)HD Life Wrote: OK thanks, I might try to re-scanning all my items.
But It's a totally fresh install, this is my first example of XBMC 12.1 and I also uses the Aeon Nox skin, might try some other skin to see what happens as well.

I just remember that I got 2 separate install on 2 different computer with the same problem, I don't think a re-scan will fix my problem.
Instead I updated to the latest build 12.2 and after I played through all my files in the archive it's now working, the audio info shows as it should.

Still I can't get it to show the Bluray info, it still only says that all my ISO are in DVD, until I play and pause, then all info is Ok and it shows the Bluray icon properly.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2013-05-27

Hi All, I'm having trouble with XBMC and TMT5, please see my settings below. It's strange as I had it working in version 12.0 and I've just recently upgraded to 12.2.

From within XBMC if I click play a movie that is an ISO format my HTPC goes to desktop but does not open up TMT5!? I know the playiso.bat is correct as when I click on this in windows explorer is mounts the iso and play it with TMT5.

Any help appreciated.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>

</player>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (X86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="mpc-hc"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And my playiso.bat command -

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" F:

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2013-05-27

Figured it out, did not have true fullscreen enabled in XBMC, although this causes another problem for MPC HC on MKV and M2TS files, the playback is not smooth at all! I use MAD VR with MPC HC if I turn it off and use the default video renderer the playback is smooth. What is strange though is that If I playback a mkv from desktop using MPC HC and MAD VR the playback is smooth, only when I select a file from within XBMC to use MPC HC then it's not smooth!?

Any help appreciated.

(2013-05-27, 11:38)bungie240 Wrote: Hi All, I'm having trouble with XBMC and TMT5, please see my settings below. It's strange as I had it working in version 12.0 and I've just recently upgraded to 12.2.

From within XBMC if I click play a movie that is an ISO format my HTPC goes to desktop but does not open up TMT5!? I know the playiso.bat is correct as when I click on this in windows explorer is mounts the iso and play it with TMT5.

Any help appreciated.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>

</player>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (X86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="mpc-hc"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="mpc-hc"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And my playiso.bat command -

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" F:

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-27, 14:07)bungie240 Wrote: Figured it out, did not have true fullscreen enabled in XBMC, although this causes another problem for MPC HC on MKV and M2TS files, the playback is not smooth at all! I use MAD VR with MPC HC if I turn it off and use the default video renderer the playback is smooth. What is strange though is that If I playback a mkv from desktop using MPC HC and MAD VR the playback is smooth, only when I select a file from within XBMC to use MPC HC then it's not smooth!?

Any help appreciated.

Go back to XBMC 12.0. So far all the "fixes" I've found in 12.1 and 12.2 have been for Linux or other non-useful to me things and have severely messed up external player performance. 12.0 works smooth for me, save for TMT6 not playing 3D in actual full screen!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mdl2 - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-27, 15:09)Batiatus Wrote: Go back to XBMC 12.0. So far all the "fixes" I've found in 12.1 and 12.2 have been for Linux or other non-useful to me things and have severely messed up external player performance. 12.0 works smooth for me, save for TMT6 not playing 3D in actual full screen!

Do you have blu ray folders working?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-27, 16:28)mdl2 Wrote:
(2013-05-27, 15:09)Batiatus Wrote: Go back to XBMC 12.0. So far all the "fixes" I've found in 12.1 and 12.2 have been for Linux or other non-useful to me things and have severely messed up external player performance. 12.0 works smooth for me, save for TMT6 not playing 3D in actual full screen!

Do you have blu ray folders working?

I don't use Blu-ray folders. I only use an external player for 3D BD ISO files, of which I have over 30 that all work.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - slightlycold - 2013-05-28

I agree with the suggestion to roll back to XBMC 12.0. I had similar issues and going back to 12.0 solved them.

The only issue I have now is switching back from XBMC to WMC using XBMC WMC integration 2.1 as bluray described in his previous post in this thread.

post #751:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724&pid=1136425#pid1136425

When I swicth back to WMC the window is not "active" so I have to go get a mouse to select the screen in order to get control over it. I have tried making WMC run in full screen mode but that didn't fix it. Any suggestions?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dazz87 - 2013-05-28

Just wondering what do I need to edit in the playercorefactory in order for it to play only my ISO movies with the external player (TMT 5.3.) Everything else including blu ray folder will be using DVDPlayer? Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thebundok - 2013-05-29

I'm also having issues with TMT5 and XBMC. XBMC will kick me out like it's opening TMT, but nothing opens. However I get a message box in XBMC saying to "click ok when the movie is over". Since 12.0 seems to be the solution, could someone please direct me to a 12.0 release? I can't seem to find a link to previous releases, only nightlies and source code. I'd like to roll back, but I'm not sure how. On a related note, can I just install 12.0 over my current 12.2 install or do I need to uninstall 12.2 first?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 00:24)thebundok Wrote: I'm also having issues with TMT5 and XBMC. XBMC will kick me out like it's opening TMT, but nothing opens. However I get a message box in XBMC saying to "click ok when the movie is over". Since 12.0 seems to be the solution, could someone please direct me to a 12.0 release? I can't seem to find a link to previous releases, only nightlies and source code. I'd like to roll back, but I'm not sure how. On a related note, can I just install 12.0 over my current 12.2 install or do I need to uninstall 12.2 first?

I can't remember where I found 12.0. It was from a link someplace on this board that had all the versions of XBMC available. As for installing, just run the .exe and it will install it over 12.2 or what ever other version you have. Not sure what your playback issue is though.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thebundok - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 08:56)Batiatus Wrote: I can't remember where I found 12.0. It was from a link someplace on this board that had all the versions of XBMC available. As for installing, just run the .exe and it will install it over 12.2 or what ever other version you have. Not sure what your playback issue is though.

Thanks, I'll look for it. I'm not sure what the issue is either. I've tried several edits to my playercontrol.xml but nothing was working so I hope a roll-back fixes it. ISO's and BDMV folders work fine when played directly in TMT5, so it's not that. I'll keep working on it though. Thanks for the help.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Kib - 2013-05-29

If you copy paste the download link from the website and then remove the last part you will find all the releases from Dharma (10), Eden (11) and Frodo (12) up to 12.2

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/

Nightlies for Gotham can be found here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

of course we would like a detailed report if you find some functionality is broken between 12.0 and 12.1 or 12.2.
Since the latter are bugfix versions, they should not introduce regressions or new bugs !

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 12:07)Kibje Wrote: If you copy paste the download link from the website and then remove the last part you will find all the releases from Dharma (10), Eden (11) and Frodo (12) up to 12.2

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/

Nightlies for Gotham can be found here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

of course we would like a detailed report if you find some functionality is broken between 12.0 and 12.1 or 12.2.
Since the latter are bugfix versions, they should not introduce regressions or new bugs !

Since I have 12.0 working fine I can't get you log files for the problems but what I've experienced is the sound clicking issue when having GUI sounds enabled then launching media through an external player, as well as the player crashing or having horribly stuttered playback. Started with 12.1 and continued in 12.2.

The only issue I have now that I've gone back to 12.0 is getting any other media player to not scale down the video when displaying true HD 3D. Stil haven't found any help in that area.

And I've fixed me scaling problem. Had to change the 3D playback scaling option while something 3D was playing.

Now I just need to know if TMT6 will launch from XBMC directly to the film and not to a load screen or menu system after a license is purchased? That's all that's holding me back at this point. If not, well that sucks but I can somewhat live with it for now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2013-05-30

Hey guys What do I need to change in my old core factory and playiso.bat from eden to work with frodo? I have just rolled back to frodo 12.0 after reading the last few pages here. I had saved the player core and playiso from my old install. these 2 were all I needed because my entire library is iso. I have also made sure the correct drive letter for virtual clone drive is entered in the files. its not working yet though it acts like it is opening an external player but never does.

Edit: Almost forgot here is the playercore.xml and playiso.bat I am trying to use. If anyone has time to make me one that only does iso that would be amazing. I really dont need the other functions I just want to play all my iso files dvd and bluray with tmt5 or tmt6 which I have not tried yet.

playercore

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->