Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - opeters - 2014-01-12

(2014-01-12, 06:19)solidazarok Wrote: POWERDVD13 not working for me.

This is what my log says:

19:56:04 T:4184 ERROR: ExternalPlayer Error: filename element missing from: <player name="PowerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true" />
19:56:04 T:4184 ERROR: Error creating player for item G:\My Videos\Movies\2.Guns.2013.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-PxHD.Mobies.mp4 (File doesn't exist?)
19:56:04 T:4184 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [G:\My Videos\Movies\2.Guns.2013.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-PxHD.Mobies.mp4]
19:56:04 T:984 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

This is what I got in playercorefactory script:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true" />
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

PLEASE HELP. Been at this all freaking day.

The "player name"Code is wrong, this should read:
Code:
<player name="PowerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Lupin 3rd - 2014-01-13

HI everybody,
I use this rule in my playercorefactory file:
Quote:<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*|.*BDMV.*|.*mpls.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!--<rule filename=".*BDMV.*" player="ISO_Player"/>-->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*|.*m2ts.*" player="dvdplayer"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
This is not perfect for my intent.
I prefer "DVDplayer" like default player for all extensions BUT I need always active the "Play using..." option.

How I've to change my script?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-01-13

(2014-01-13, 17:31)Lupin 3rd Wrote: I prefer "DVDplayer" like default player for all extensions BUT I need always active the "Play using..." option.
How I've to change my script?

You can just remove any rules you don't want, so no rules would look like this -

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>

DVDPlayer would play all files and the 'Play using..." option should still be available.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Lupin 3rd - 2014-01-14

(2014-01-13, 20:45)acejh1987 Wrote: DVDPlayer would play all files and the 'Play using..." option should still be available.
Thank you 4 your feedback but.....
You're NOT right.
Following what you've suggested I've changed my script like this:
Quote:playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

But the "Play using..." otion is vanished !!

Any other idea?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - tboggie - 2014-01-14

Anyone had luck with TMT5 and windows 8.1?
It works fine with win 7 but keeps still looping on the win8.1 box.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-01-14

(2014-01-14, 13:24)Lupin 3rd Wrote: Thank you 4 your feedback but.....
You're NOT right.
Any other idea?

Change the following on each player you want to show up in the "Play using..." option -

Code:
video="false"
change to
Code:
video="true"

Perhaps just a typo but make sure that the first line is -
<playercorefactory> not playercorefactory>

Then everything should work fine.

(2014-01-14, 17:12)tboggie Wrote: Anyone had luck with TMT5 and windows 8.1?

I don't have Windows 8.1 but it would seem like there is a bug with XBMC and external player on 8.1, causing a constant loop (not just with TMT5)

Can anyone report if they have managed to get XBMC/8.1 working with an external player?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - greetoz - 2014-01-14

(2014-01-14, 18:38)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 13:24)Lupin 3rd Wrote: Thank you 4 your feedback but.....
You're NOT right.
Any other idea?

Change the following on each player you want to show up in the "Play using..." option -

Code:
video="false"
change to
Code:
video="true"

Perhaps just a typo but make sure that the first line is -
<playercorefactory> not playercorefactory>

Then everything should work fine.

I don't have Windows 8.1 but it would seem like there is a bug with XBMC and external player on 8.1, causing a constant loop (not just with TMT5)

Can anyone report if they have managed to get XBMC/8.1 working with an external player?

Same here ISO or BDMV folder via TMT6.5 causes a constant loop. Playing a physical Bluraydisk works fine (using the playdvd option in XBMC). I am also using 8.1

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - SDub - 2014-01-15

Hey guys, just picked up PowerDVD 13 a few hours ago and I'm trying to get it set up to work as an external player for XBMC to play strictly blurays. I'd like my PowerDVD 13 to play blu rays and the default player in XBMC to play my DVDs (is this a good solution, or would you guys recommend something else?). In any regard, it doesn't work! I've tried a few adaptations of other peoples solutions, but as far as I can tell, my .xml and .bat file should work well together. Would anyone mind taking a look?

My PlayDisc.bat file reads:
Quote:@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" D:\

The .bat file fires up PowerDVD 13 in Cinema mode just fine, so I know the problem isn't with that.

My playercorefactory.xml file reads:

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I select "Play Disc" in XBMC, literally nothing happens. Am I doing something silly?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - SDub - 2014-01-16

Blah, solved my own problem. I had to put the closing XML tag for playercorefactory at the bottom of the file like so:

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - tboggie - 2014-01-16

Anyone resolved this issue?
It is working fine when i play the movie directly on TMT but loops when i launch the movie from XBMC

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-14, 18:38)acejh1987 Wrote: I don't have Windows 8.1 but it would seem like there is a bug with XBMC and external player on 8.1, causing a constant loop (not just with TMT5)

What's up guys? I haven't been in here for a year. Acejh, you did a wonderful job helping others in here.

Since everyone is having looping issues on Windows 8.1, I want to let everyone know that the external player work fine on my Microsoft Surf Pro with Windows 8.1. I didn't do anything different. I used the same playcorefactory, PlayDisc, PlayISO and PlayBDMV files as what I used on my Windows 7 HTPC. It playback the same way as Windows 7.

I don't have TMT5 key anymore. I tried it with the latest XBMC 12.3 and the trial verson of TMT Version: 6.5.1.150. The playcorefactory I used is below. If you are still having looping issue, you might want to post your debug log in here.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-17, 08:02)bluray Wrote: What's up guys? I haven't been in here for a year. Acejh, you did a wonderful job helping others in here.

Thanks Big Grin Welcome back!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - tboggie - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-17, 08:02)bluray Wrote: What's up guys? I haven't been in here for a year. Acejh, you did a wonderful job helping others in here.
Since everyone is having looping issues on Windows 8.1, I want to let everyone know that the external player work fine on my Microsoft Surf Pro with Windows 8.1. I didn't do anything different. I used the same playcorefactory, PlayDisc, PlayISO and PlayBDMV files as what I used on my Windows 7 HTPC. It playback the same way as Windows 7.

I don't have TMT5 key anymore. I tried it with the latest XBMC 12.3 and the trial verson of TMT Version: 6.5.1.150. The playcorefactory I used is below. If you are still having looping issue, you might want to post your debug log in here.
Thanks bluray. Looks like there is an audio issue with XBMC 12.3 + External Player

Audio Output Device \ Passthrough Output Device to WASAPI: HDMI -- Failed. Looping issue
Audio Output Device \ Passthrough Output Device to DirectSound:SPDIF -- External player worked

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 07:27)tboggie Wrote:

Thanks bluray. Looks like there is an audio issue with XBMC 12.3 + External Player

Audio Output Device \ Passthrough Output Device to WASAPI: HDMI -- Failed. Looping issue
Audio Output Device \ Passthrough Output Device to DirectSound:SPDIF -- External player worked
You might want to verify your HDMI audio output in control panel and XBMC carefully then. I tried my Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel HD4000 on three different AVR's using Wasapi: HDMI, and it can bitstreaming all type of audio codecs flawless on Windows 8.1, XBMC 12.3 and TMT6.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-23

I've set this up an it works great - thank you so much for the guide.

One problem though it won't detect my 3D ISOs. If i play them directly through TMT6 it works fine. If i click on the Menus for a 3D iso through XBMC i get an error saying your blu-ray player dosen't support 3D Blu-Rays.

Also if i click on the Menus, for 1-2 blu rays i noticed i get an error saying "Your blu-ray parental controls don't allow this" even for kids films in TMT6 the parental controls are set to unlimited.

Really appreciate the help.