Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - lucat - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 21:46)acejh1987 Wrote: Lucat - Have you tried the exact linesI posted with filetypes instead of filetype?

rmilyard - Not really, it's more a user preference. If you want ful Blu-ray menu support, then either Arcsoft Total Media Theatre or PowerDVD are usual recommended players.

Yes both! Type and types

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 21:48)rmilyard Wrote: I have both. Just not sure which might be better and easier to setup. I am very new to xbmc and not even sure yet how to do this. I am at work and just installing the OS in the NUC now.

Both are pretty much the same to setup for ISO playback. I use TMT5 myself personally, works well.

(2014-03-25, 22:07)lucat Wrote: Yes both! Type and types

Sorry not sure what else to suggest - the lines I posted work fine on my test setup (the lines you posted did not work)
You could try posting the contents of your full playercorefactory.xml, just in case something else is causing the problem.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - lucat - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 22:40)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 21:48)rmilyard Wrote: I have both. Just not sure which might be better and easier to setup. I am very new to xbmc and not even sure yet how to do this. I am at work and just installing the OS in the NUC now.

Both are pretty much the same to setup for ISO playback. I use TMT5 myself personally, works well.

(2014-03-25, 22:07)lucat Wrote: Yes both! Type and types

Sorry not sure what else to suggest - the lines I posted work fine on my test setup (the lines you posted did not work)
You could try posting the contents of your full playercorefactory.xml, just in case something else is causing the problem.

This is my playcorefactory.xml:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<playercorefactory>

-<players>

-<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="MPC-HC">

<filename>C:\Program files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>

<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>

<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>

-<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="PlayISO">

<filename>C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

</player>

</players>

-<rules action="prepend">

<rule player="MPC-HC" filetype="mkv|avi|mp4|m2ts|ts"/>

<rule player="PlayISO" filetype="iso"/>

</rules>

</playercorefactory>

now avi start regularly with MPC-HC but for iso still start MPC-HC and not the file.bat (so it dosn't Mount the iso)

(in the file.bat I still use MPC as player)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 22:53)lucat Wrote: now avi start regularly with MPC-HC but for iso still start MPC-HC and not the file.bat (so it dosn't Mount the iso)

Sorry, the only thing I can see is the incorrect rules that I suggested previously.

Edit - The only other thing I can suggest is copy and paste the following into your playercorefactory.xml (replacing everything inside your current one)
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="MPC-HC">
<filename>C:\Program files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>

<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="PlayISO">
<filename>C:\Users\AZ GLOBE\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule player="MPC-HC" filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|m2ts|ts"/>
<rule player="PlayISO" filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls"/>
</rules>

</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - lucat - 2014-03-26

Yeahhhhh

That's Perfect!

Thank you so much!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-26

got everything working now and watched a coupleof 3D blurays Smile
My previous problem was the NFS share. Now mounted the shared map on my nas with a network drive on my HTPC. mounting iso's etc is now 100% working.

Another question: when a movie contains 2 discs (horrible Tongue) is there a way to mount them both and auto switch to disc 2 when 1 is finished?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-26

I for me to get running to play BD and 3d BD .iso I am guessing I need to get the following:

DVDFab to rip my BDs to .iso files
Virtual CloneDrive to mount the .iso files
Install XBMC Frodo 12.3
Download and config Playercorefactory, PlayDisc, PlayISO files. I don't have Bly Ray on this computer and place files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
Install TotalMedia Theatre 6.6

Do I need anything else? What is ANYDVD HD needed for?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-03-26

(2014-03-26, 19:51)rmilyard Wrote: Do I need anything else? What is ANYDVD HD needed for?

That''s looks about right to me. AnyDVD HD is pretty much the same as DVDFab (allows you to rip to ISO) - Only one is needed.

Paulus - Not too sure about that, never tried anything with 2 discs.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-27

Next question is since all my BD and 3d BD are in .iso format and I would like to watch them as if I was using a Blu Ray player I am guessing I should setup xbmc to play all .iso via external player? IE: TMT?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 17:15)rmilyard Wrote: Next question is since all my BD and 3d BD are in .iso format and I would like to watch them as if I was using a Blu Ray player I am guessing I should setup xbmc to play all .iso via external player? IE: TMT?

yup that is what i am using now for my 2D bluray iso's and 3D iso's.
The files to do this can be found on the first page of this topic.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 17:55)Paulus Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 17:15)rmilyard Wrote: Next question is since all my BD and 3d BD are in .iso format and I would like to watch them as if I was using a Blu Ray player I am guessing I should setup xbmc to play all .iso via external player? IE: TMT?

So your using TMT to play both BD and 3DBD movies?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 21:13)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 17:55)Paulus Wrote:

yes Smile

(2014-03-27, 21:26)Paulus Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 21:13)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 17:55)Paulus Wrote: yup that is what i am using now for my 2D bluray iso's and 3D iso's.

yes Smile

Sweet, This is what I am planning on doing this weekend. I am hoping I don't run into any issues. What program and version you using for your BD player?

I am using TMT6 to play the iso's and my physical blurays

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - sbob - 2014-03-28

Hi All,

Just looking for some ideas for my XBMC/PowerDVD setup.

I have trawled through this excellent thread a few times over the last few weeks to try and find a reliable method of playing my BD .isos from XBMC into PowerDVD. I am running Windows 8.1, PowerDVD 13 Ultra, and my library is on my network via 2 x Synology NASs. I have tested using VCD and DTLite, however neither would work reliably for me, and using a third party program to mount in Windows 8 is something I am trying to avoid. (I also have a Windows 7 PC that I tested the setup suggested in this thread and was able to get it to work, so I think based on that, and other things I have read online that Win8 and PDVD13 may be making this harder that it should be)

I have set up very simple PlayISO.bat that uses windows to mount the iso, and then launch PDVD, by just using explorer.exe, but I still need to physically select the drive that the iso is mounted to to play it. Is there a way to have the disk unmount (eject) once PDVD is closed using the PlayISO.bat?

Also, I only want to use PDVD for BD .isos, but my some old favourite DVDs are also just images and have the same extension. Is there a way to distinguish between them so everything is played internally in XBMC except for blu-rays?

Thanks!