Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dlambermont - 2014-04-06

I spent a few hours trying to get this working last night. I used the playercorefactory,xml and playISO,bat files from the first page, modified to use DTLite and PowerDVD 13. I worked on two different Windows 7 machines.

On machine #1, with Frodo installed, it works great. ISOs auto mount, play in PowerDVD, unmount when finished. Awesome...

On Machine #2, with Gotham beta 3, everything works except I can't get XBMC to stay hidden. The ISO mounts, XBMC hides, PowerDVD launches, then XBMC cycles through being hidden/visible a few times, and eventually stays visible. The ISO is playing in the background, but I can't see it without shutting down XBMC.

Anything I should try? This is the last step in being able to stop using WMC, which I only use for 3D ISOs right now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-04-06

Is there a way to keep xbmc focus while it's mounting bd iso and loading TMT?

Also when movie are in new added widget I can select them and play using cinema ex but when they are in the list I can't. I get like 4 options to play them. Normally only the play bluray menus one I think it's called works.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-06, 10:42)robin8 Wrote: I see you wrote the first post back in 2011. Is it updated so I can follow the guide for external player without any problem today?
If you look at the bottom right corner of the 1st post, it is updated on 2/4/14. You'll be fine with the instructions....

(2014-04-06, 21:01)rmilyard Wrote: Is there a way to keep xbmc focus while it's mounting bd iso and loading TMT?
You need to replace this line "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" with this line "<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>"....

(2014-04-06, 19:15)dlambermont Wrote: On Machine #2, with Gotham beta 3, everything works except I can't get XBMC to stay hidden.
I haven't try Gotham...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - THX-UltraII - 2014-04-07

I m using MPC-BE as external player for all my movies and it works perfect. However, there is still a esthetical thing that completely ruins the whole HTPC experience: when the external player is accessed somehow the windows desktop is shown for a (very short) period. I deleted all my files from my desktop and choose a black background but it is still annoying. Is there anything that can be done about this?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 16:04)THX-UltraII Wrote: I m using MPC-BE as external player for all my movies and it works perfect. However, there is still a esthetical thing that completely ruins the whole HTPC experience: when the external player is accessed somehow the windows desktop is shown for a (very short) period. I deleted all my files from my desktop and choose a black background but it is still annoying. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I am having kinda the same issue. It would be nice to get this more transparent but not sure if can. I am new to this.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 16:31)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 16:04)THX-UltraII Wrote: I m using MPC-BE as external player for all my movies and it works perfect. However, there is still a esthetical thing that completely ruins the whole HTPC experience: when the external player is accessed somehow the windows desktop is shown for a (very short) period. I deleted all my files from my desktop and choose a black background but it is still annoying. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I am having kinda the same issue. It would be nice to get this more transparent but not sure if can. I am new to this.
Have you try as what I suggested in post #2133?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - THX-UltraII - 2014-04-07

let s hope that there is a fix for this.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-07, 18:47)THX-UltraII Wrote:

If you don't want to see Windows, you can replace the two lines below-

replace these-
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

with these-
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - MadScientist - 2014-04-08

That bothered me as well. I think it looks best if you just modify the hide XBMC line

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-04-09

Doesn't it give performence problems when xbmc is not hidden? (not tested it yet Smile )

I also uninstalled TMT6 and reinstalled TMT5 for my blurays. I don't like the Cinavia that was build in TMT6 Tongue http://cinavia.com/

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - orby - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 11:09)Paulus Wrote: Doesn't it give performence problems when xbmc is not hidden? (not tested it yet Smile )

I also uninstalled TMT6 and reinstalled TMT5 for my blurays. I don't like the Cinavia that was build in TMT6 Tongue http://cinavia.com/

checkout anydvd Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - THX-UltraII - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-08, 16:41)bluray Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 18:47)THX-UltraII Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 16:31)rmilyard Wrote: I am having kinda the same issue. It would be nice to get this more transparent but not sure if can. I am new to this.

replace these-

with these-
thanks. I ll try this tonight

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 14:56)THX-UltraII Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 16:41)bluray Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 18:47)THX-UltraII Wrote: let s hope that there is a fix for this.

replace these-

with these-

So now I am getting the black command box when I run it.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 17:06)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 14:56)THX-UltraII Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 16:41)bluray Wrote: If you don't want to see Windows, you can replace the two lines below-

replace these-

with these-

So now I am getting the black command box when I run it.
At least you don't see the desktop. It doesn't bother me, because it sort of giving me an idea of what is going on before the movie start....

(2014-04-09, 11:09)Paulus Wrote: Doesn't it give performence problems when xbmc is not hidden? (not tested it yet Smile )
Give it a shot. You might like it...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - MadScientist - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 17:06)rmilyard Wrote: So now I am getting the black command box when I run it.

Just leave hideconsole set to true