Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- bluray - 2012-02-20

Chris12 Wrote:No also the standard rule doesn not work. The same message when pressing play button in powerDVD11 (allthough auto-played should it be, if the bat file was working).

I think it has something to do with VCD, because the .iso isnt mounted at all when running the playISO.bat file. (is not shown in my computer -> drive G: )
When looking in AnyDVD after running the PlayISO.bat file, I can see that the drive G: has no iso file

No disc found in drive G:!
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4

Im using SlySoft AnyDVD HD v6.9.1.0
If VCD doesn't show "G" drive on your HTPC, you can simply use whatever drive is available on it. You need to match the available VCD drive in PlayISO.bat too.

Yes, I'm using the same AnyDVD HD and VCD. Too bad, I don't have the paid PDVD11 to try. I tried PDVD11 trial version, and I'm not sure if the trial version have the same option and functionality as the full version.

I'm not sure why it is so difficult to get PDVD11 to work. It seems that TMT5 and XBMC is much easier route.

Can you try TMT5 15 days trial version? Just want to see if VCD and AndyDVD HD can mount/unmount BD ISO using TMT5 on your HTPC.

I'll try out some more codes on PDVD11 tonight!

- Chris12 - 2012-02-20

I did some puzzeling arround with the commands of VCDMount.exe:

when using the code below, the drive G: is mounted! PowerDVD11 is started in fullscreen and the movie is played!

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=G /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

But when closing PowerDVD11 the iso file stays mounted.

- Chris12 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:If VCD doesn't show "G" drive on your HTPC, you can simply use whatever drive is available on it. You need to match the available VCD drive in PlayISO.bat too.

Yes, I'm using the same AnyDVD HD and VCD. Too bad, I don't have the paid PDVD11 to try. I tried PDVD11 trial version, and I'm not sure if the trial version have the same option and functionality as the full version.

I'm not sure why it is so difficult to get PDVD11 to work. It seems that TMT5 and XBMC is much easier route.

Can you try TMT5 15 days trial version? Just want to see if VCD and AndyDVD HD can mount/unmount BD ISO using TMT5 on your HTPC.

I'll try out some more codes on PDVD11 tonight!

I will give TMT5 a try tomorrow... I think that you can try out some more PowerDVD11 codes Nod

Thanks for helping me so far!

- Riker0007 - 2012-02-21

bluray Wrote:My question to you is- Do you have "G" drive for VCD? Do you see "G" drive in "Computer"?

If it still not working, it might have something to do with PDVD11 installation (something might be corrupted). If you want, you can give the 15 days free trail of TMT5 a try.

I have tried TMT5 in the past and the audio is always way out of sync with video. PWRDVD never seems to have that issue.

So I tried this and now PWRDVD seems to open and play BD movie folders fine. But the iso still no go.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filename="*iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mp4.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks
R

- xero273 - 2012-02-21

Hi, I am trying to get Arcsoft Total Media to launch but I am getting no result.

Here is my playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\MPC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="bd" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

This is the bat file contents

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" E:

This is the result i get when I go through xbmc. nothing plays.

I looked through xbmc logs and I found this

19:41:40 T:2416 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat
19:41:40 T:2416 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (true), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor ()
19:41:40 T:2416 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: bd://1
19:41:40 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat
19:41:40 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : bd://1
19:41:40 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
19:41:40 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}" /fullscreen /close
19:41:40 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
19:41:40 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Releasing audio device 2
19:41:41 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Lowering XBMC window
19:41:41 T:2416 M:4294967295 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(bd) in bd://movie.tbn/
19:41:41 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat" "bd://1" /fullscreen /close
19:41:42 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
19:41:50 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
19:41:50 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Showing XBMC window TOPMOST
19:41:50 T:3896 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Reclaiming audio device 2

I know my batch file works since I doubleclicked the batch and it opens arcsoft software and plays the BD. I am using xbmc 10. Thanks for the help.

- bluray - 2012-02-21

Chris12 Wrote:I will give TMT5 a try tomorrow... I think that you can try out some more PowerDVD11 codes Nod

Thanks for helping me so far!
I got home late tonight. I tried ISO on PowerDVD 11 for about 20 minutes, but it doesn't seem to mount ISO correct. I tried both PlayISO.bat and PlayISO.cmd versions with the same result. When I mounted ISO manually, it playback fine. The other files and BD playback with PowerDVD 11 fine though.

I switched everything back to TMT5 with the same PlayISO.bat file. It mounted and playback ISO correctly.

I'll do some more research on it this weekend! :mad:

- bluray - 2012-02-21

xero273 Wrote:Hi, I am trying to get Arcsoft Total Media to launch but I am getting no result.

I know my batch file works since I doubleclicked the batch and it opens arcsoft software and plays the BD. I am using xbmc 10. Thanks for the help.
Sorry to hear that. I generated the complete external player codes for you below:

1. Download- playercorefactory.xml, playdisc.bat, playbdmv.bat and playiso.bat

2. Save all files in your "C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" folder

-Make sure that the VDC drive in PlayISO.bat is correct, and everything should work "as is"

- xero273 - 2012-02-21

bluray Wrote:Sorry to hear that. I generated the complete external player codes for you below:

1. Download- playercorefactory.xml, playdisc.bat, playbdmv.bat and playiso.bat

2. Save all files in your "C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" folder

-Make sure that the VDC drive in PlayISO.bat is correct, and everything should work "as is"

Hi, I think I found the problem. If xbmc is fullscreen, the screenshot i posted will happen. If I do xbmc not fullscreen, then TMT5 will come up and play the bd. Do you know the solution to this? Thanks.

- bluray - 2012-02-21

xero273 Wrote:Hi, I think I found the problem. If xbmc is fullscreen, the screenshot i posted will happen. If I do xbmc not fullscreen, then TMT5 will come up and play the bd. Do you know the solution to this? Thanks.
Just download all those files I generated for you and folllow the steps in post #337, and you should be fine. You might want to set TMT5 to launch in "Full Screen" as shown in my screen shot below:

- xero273 - 2012-02-21

bluray Wrote:Just download all those files I generated for you and folllow the steps in post #337, and you should be fine. You might want to set TMT5 to launch in "Full Screen" as shown in my screen shot below:

I tried it with the files you generated for me and I had the same problem. but when I work with xbmc in windowed mode TMT5 will launch. XBMC full screen mode = the problem I had in original post.

- bluray - 2012-02-21

xero273 Wrote:I tried it with the files you generated for me and I had the same problem. but when I work with xbmc in windowed mode TMT5 will launch. XBMC full screen mode = the problem I had in original post.
You can try to replace (<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>) with this (<args>"{1}"</args>) in Playercorefactory.xml code.

- xero273 - 2012-02-22

bluray Wrote:You can try to replace (<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>) with this (<args>"{1}"</args>) in Playercorefactory.xml code.

Just tried it. Still does not work. Could this be the problem in the log file?

18:35:45 T:3264 M:4294967295 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(bd) in bd://movie.tbn/
18:35:45 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat" "bd://1"
18:35:46 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
18:35:46 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: XBMC cannot stay hidden for a launcher process

Hey BLuRay - Riker0007 - 2012-02-22

bluray Wrote:Is the VCD drive in the code okay- "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:

I've been trying a lot of different combos and this seem to work with the right click and open with playiso.bat a blu ray iso. But it does not make it play. I have to hit the play button and or select that drive in the drop down movie selection in powerdvd11. Is there a way to fix this or is this as good as it gets? And it doesn't seem to want to work in XBMC. It doesn't launch Powerdvd11.

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=Q %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\Powerdvd11.exe" Q:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=Q /u

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{E:}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filename="*iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mp4.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

When I put this as the Playiso.bat
@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=1 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=1 /u

It says there is no disc in Q. Please insert a disc in Q
Cancel ....Try again ..... Continue.

- bluray - 2012-02-22

xero273 Wrote:Just tried it. Still does not work. Could this be the problem in the log file?

18:35:45 T:3264 M:4294967295 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(bd) in bd://movie.tbn/
18:35:45 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat" "bd://1"
18:35:46 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
18:35:46 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: XBMC cannot stay hidden for a launcher process
Try these-

1. Download- playercorefactory.xml

2. If BD-ROM is not drive "E" in PlayDisc.bat, you have to set it to the correct BD-ROM drive- "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

3. You need to set Autoplay in Windows 7 control panel to "Take no Action". You can try to disable it by- (type "autoplay" in W7 Start search box to access it).
Auto Play:

- bluray - 2012-02-22

Riker0007 Wrote:I've been trying a lot of different combos and this seem to work with the right click and open with playiso.bat a blu ray iso. But it does not make it play. I have to hit the play button and or select that drive in the drop down movie selection in powerdvd11. Is there a way to fix this or is this as good as it gets? And it doesn't seem to want to work in XBMC. It doesn't launch Powerdvd11.

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=Q %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=Q /u
I haven't have much time to play around with it. If I have time this weekend, I'll play around with it. It might be something simple, because the same codes work fine with TMT5.