Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - msb925 - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-09, 16:35)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-09, 07:39)msb925 Wrote: I know I left the xxxx in my filename code. Amended that to the true destination. Now, when XBMC opens, it pops up the external player active window before xbmc truly opens. Nothing happens from there unless I click ok. Then XBMC begins to open and freezes up before opening every time. If I remove the PlayDisc and Playercorefactory files from userdata, then xbmc opens fine.

Thanks.
You are almost there. Since you are sharing Apps (XBMC+TMT5), you need to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.......

Thanks bluray! I'll try this when I get home tonight. I figured it would be something simple. Most of my problems seem to be from simple oversights these days.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - msb925 - 2012-11-10

bluray...

I got the external player to work now! Thank you very much. Now the only problem I have is that when I go to movies, and try to play a .mkv file in my library, it automatically opens up TMT5 and starts playing the blu ray disc I have loaded in my drive. It doesn't even play the video I'm trying to call up.

Any advice?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-10

(2012-11-10, 03:29)msb925 Wrote: bluray...

I got the external player to work now! Thank you very much. Now the only problem I have is that when I go to movies, and try to play a .mkv file in my library, it automatically opens up TMT5 and starts playing the blu ray disc I have loaded in my drive. It doesn't even play the video I'm trying to call up.

Any advice?
Use the rule below instead-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filename=".*BD." player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - msb925 - 2012-11-10

(2012-11-10, 04:39)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-10, 03:29)msb925 Wrote: bluray...

Any advice?
Use the rule below instead-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filename=".*BD." player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

That's it! Thanks Bluray! Works beautifully now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-10

(2012-11-06, 23:24)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 23:19)wille Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 21:22)bluray Wrote: I cannot verify it, because I don't have Windows 8. Did you saved the .xml and .bat files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder?

Can you extract one ISO file to the desktop? If it work from the desktop, you might want to save all your ISO files in another folder other than .rar.....

I cant even see the .iso file on my desktop when trying to "add files.." in the library at xbmc. all I can see is my folders, a .mkv and an .avi file..
XBMC is capable of connecting to the files anywhere on your HTPC.....you can simply map it to "C::\Users\xxxx\Desktop".....

(2012-11-06, 21:57)jespermart Wrote: Yes both files placed in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder?
You might want to try the stable 11.0 then....

I think its time for me to check if I have the version of xbmc that you prefere, how do I check the version quickly?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-10

(2012-11-10, 22:53)wille Wrote: I think its time for me to check if I have the version of xbmc that you prefere, how do I check the version quickly?
You can find it in XBMC system/system information....you can download it from here- Current Stable Release: 11.0 “Eden”

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - lagigia - 2012-11-11

I tried to search the thread without success.

What if I still want to play mkv and avi in XBMC and all the rest (Bluray Disc especially) in the external player?
Which installation can I omit? a. b. c. or d. ?

Thanks in advance

(2012-11-11, 10:59)lagigia Wrote: I tried to search the thread without success.

What if I still want to play mkv and avi in XBMC and all the rest (Bluray Disc especially) in the external player?
Which installation can I omit? a. b. c. or d. ?

Thanks in advance

I opened all the four of them, as per my understanding I need only to comment the rules that I don't want in the .xml file.

Am I wrong?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - lagigia - 2012-11-11

OK I almost installed the scripts.

Now I have only one glitch:
my XBMC starts fullscreen since I have <fullscreen>true</fullscreen> in my advanced settings.
If I run the disc in XBMC, a popup message comes telling: "External Player Activated: click OK at the end of playback". But nothing happen, whatever I click OK or not.

If I run XBMC windowized (for example by pressing the '\' key) and then I run the disc, the external player starts and the Bluray Disc works fine.

What can I do to fix XMBC behavior in fullscreen mode?

Thanks in advance, my best regards.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-12

@lagigia,
The rule control what you want to play with external player. As I mentioned many times, you need to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.......

Please post your playercorefactory code in here. I'll try to help you on it.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - unrealkiller - 2012-11-14

@ bluray

I am trying to srtuggle to al the 126 pages of this topic

I have blu ray rips on my hdd

With the file structure bdmv its not an iso its in a map

wen i use the playercore file from you nothing works with tmt 5

Some advice i want to play everthing from hdd maps om tmt 5

for some reaseon thing dont work for me

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-14

(2012-11-14, 18:25)unrealkiller Wrote: @ bluray

I am trying to srtuggle to al the 126 pages of this topic

I have blu ray rips on my hdd

With the file structure bdmv its not an iso its in a map

wen i use the playercore file from you nothing works with tmt 5

Some advice i want to play everthing from hdd maps om tmt 5

for some reaseon thing dont work for me
Please post your playercorefactory and playbdmv codes in here....and I'll try to help you on it....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - unrealkiller - 2012-11-14

playercore:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Play bdmv

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

TMT just wont start up at al

Not A Single Peek

I would like to play everything with TMT

Thanks in advance

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-14

@unrealkiller-
You need to replace "Dell" with the correct login user name from your HTPC and save both playercorefactory.xml and playbdmv.bat files in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ folder....

@bluray

Thanks for the help i changed de Dell for my own a little bit further thanks

When i start a movie in xbmc a message pops up and say~s external player active click Ok when finished

TMT 5 still dont start when i click OK nothing happens sorry for the bad englisch

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-15

(2012-11-14, 20:21)unrealkiller Wrote: @bluray

Thanks for the help i changed de Dell for my own a little bit further thanks

When i start a movie in xbmc a message pops up and say~s external player active click Ok when finished

TMT 5 still dont start when i click OK nothing happens sorry for the bad englisch
You need to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.......