Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - SolidSkin - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-22, 20:19)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 19:14)SolidSkin Wrote: Also, if I close (exit) AnyDVD HD the Bluray won't play at all within XBMC. Why is that?
XBMC don't support blu-ray menus....

(2012-11-22, 19:14)SolidSkin Wrote: Since I actually am able to play Bluray films within XBMC, is this a new feature of v12 (beta) or has this always been possible?
It work fine with Eden too, but no menu....

(2012-11-22, 19:14)SolidSkin Wrote: And is the "Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup" method still a wise and better way to go or is it out dated with the newer release of XBMC?

Thanks
It work fine with the latest stable Eden 11.0. Don't get confuse with Frodo, because it is not yet release as stable version....

(2012-11-22, 19:07)ralphpls Wrote: Hi!

Thx bluray for this guide, but after reading 2 days of this topic TMT5 is not working. I have Eden 11.0 + HDAudio/TMT5/Win7

I followed the instructions of the first post to activate the external players and .bat files are working fine if i run them without XMBC. In XBMC it just pop out message box "press ok after playback".
What blu-ray file are you trying to playback using TMT5?

So you don't recommend to use with v13 beta?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-23

(2012-11-22, 21:36)SolidSkin Wrote: So you don't recommend to use with v13 beta?
I don't mess around with beta. I'm sticking to the latest stable Eden 11.0 for now.....

(2012-11-22, 21:09)ralphpls Wrote:
Quote:
(2012-11-22, 19:07)ralphpls Wrote: Hi!

Thx bluray for this guide, but after reading 2 days of this topic TMT5 is not working. I have Eden 11.0 + HDAudio/TMT5/Win7

I followed the instructions of the first post to activate the external players and .bat files are working fine if i run them without XMBC. In XBMC it just pop out message box "press ok after playback".
What blu-ray file are you trying to playback using TMT5?

.mkv, .avi, physical blu rays, normal dvds. Always same problem, pop up "press ok...", but TMT5 wont start
Is your log in user "XXX"? It shown in all these lines "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" in your playercorefactory codes.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-23

(2012-11-09, 15:18)uNiversal Wrote: @ bluray

Just a heads up

(2011-12-11, 22:40)first-post Wrote: 1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO

None of those links seem to work Wink

uNi
It works fine on my HTPC's and other users in here.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ralphpls - 2012-11-23

(2012-11-23, 04:50)bluray Wrote: Is your log in user "XXX"? It shown in all these lines "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" in your playercorefactory codes.......

Yeap, its my username, those paths are not the problem because they work well in cmd. I got mpc-hc working well, but there is something with TMT5

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-11-23

Yo,

Been using the external TMT5 MCE player for a while now but having difficulty configuring my Harmony One remote to do the job! On the ARCsoft site I have found the shortcut codes for the normal player....so wouldn't it be better to use the normal player and program the shorcuts in my remote?

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/tutorial/how-to-use-shortcuts.html

(2012-11-23, 12:14)ralphpls Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 04:50)bluray Wrote: Is your log in user "XXX"? It shown in all these lines "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" in your playercorefactory codes.......

Yeap, its my username, those paths are not the problem because they work well in cmd. I got mpc-hc working well, but there is something with TMT5
Can you try this blu-ray disc rule- <rule filename=".*BD." player="Disc_Player"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ralphpls - 2012-11-23

(2012-11-23, 21:49)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 12:14)ralphpls Wrote:

Can you try this blu-ray disc rule- <rule filename=".*BD." player="Disc_Player"/>

Still same problem Sad TMT5 wont start, but if i run

Code:
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat
manually TMT5 works normally. Is it possible that Eden 11.0 + HDAudio is the issue here ?

EDIT: nope, it isn't

I changed username to 'test and tried this:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
            <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule player="Disc_Player"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:

No help at all Confused

EDIT2: HuhHuh

If i change PlayDisc.bat to:

Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" D:

MPC-HC starts normally when i hit "play disc", WTF ?!?!

EDIT3:

Ok the thing was ""use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option, now TMT5 starts normally

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ralphpls - 2012-11-24

Ok back to the basics...

Now I'm using playercorefactory from first post.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
                <player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
        <rule filenames="iso" filetypes=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray BDMV -->
        <rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray M2TS -->
        <rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray MKV -->
        <rule filenames="mkv" filetypes=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray AVI -->
        <rule filenames="avi" filetypes=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray TS -->
        <rule filenames="ts" filetypes=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Everything else is fine but I dont wanna use TMT5 as musicplayer. So how I'm able to use XMBC internal music player Big Grin. If i try to play .mp3, it will run physical bluray/dvd

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-23, 22:40)ralphpls Wrote: Ok the thing was ""use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option, now TMT5 starts normally
I thought that you already enabled it, because I mentioned it so many times in this thread.

(2012-11-24, 00:39)ralphpls Wrote: Everything else is fine but I dont wanna use TMT5 as musicplayer. So how I'm able to use XMBC internal music player Big Grin. If i try to play .mp3, it will run physical bluray/dvd
You can use the rules below instead-

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filename=".*BD." player="Disc_Player"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-21, 11:29)jespermart Wrote:
(2012-11-21, 09:16)Ghostdivision Wrote: Is anyone able to launch a bdmv folder with frodo beta 1?

It was not working in the nightlies and nor now in beta 1, it launches the external player (tmt) for bdmv folders, but does not load them, it just launches the player....

Has anyone reported this error? If not I will do it.

I tried last night with Frodo beta 1 and it's not working for me either, so i don't know what the person who is supposed to have it working with Frodo beta 1, have done

Who supposedly has this working?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ralphpls - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 01:19)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-23, 22:40)ralphpls Wrote: Ok the thing was ""use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option, now TMT5 starts normally
I thought that you already enabled it, because I mentioned it so many times in this thread.

(2012-11-24, 00:39)ralphpls Wrote: Everything else is fine but I dont wanna use TMT5 as musicplayer. So how I'm able to use XMBC internal music player Big Grin. If i try to play .mp3, it will run physical bluray/dvd
You can use the rules below instead-

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filename=".*BD." player="Disc_Player"/>

Ty, now it's working! Smile

Is it possible to make script that changes "true fullscreen" -> "fullscreen window" setting when I'm using Bluray Disc ? Do I need XBCM reboot when settings are changed ? I might wanna use only TMT5 when I'm using Bluray Disc but internal player for everything else.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-24

Hi!
How can I make that I put a DVD disc or BD disc in the optical drive than the external player works?
What do I write xml and .bat?

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 07:58)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2012-11-21, 11:29)jespermart Wrote:
(2012-11-21, 09:16)Ghostdivision Wrote: Is anyone able to launch a bdmv folder with frodo beta 1?

It was not working in the nightlies and nor now in beta 1, it launches the external player (tmt) for bdmv folders, but does not load them, it just launches the player....

Has anyone reported this error? If not I will do it.

I tried last night with Frodo beta 1 and it's not working for me either, so i don't know what the person who is supposed to have it working with Frodo beta 1, have done

Who supposedly has this working?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 15:09)ralphpls Wrote: Is it possible to make script that changes "true fullscreen" -> "fullscreen window" setting when I'm using Bluray Disc ? Do I need XBCM reboot when settings are changed ?
True fullscreen is for a single app. You can simply configure TMT5 to launch in fullscreen in TMT5 settings/playback.

(2012-11-24, 15:09)ralphpls Wrote: I might wanna use only TMT5 when I'm using Bluray Disc but internal player for everything else.
You delete all other rules, and leave only this rule (<rule filename=".*BD." player="Disc_Player"/>).......