Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-27, 19:40)bluray Wrote: It seems that you are selecting mpls file instead of bdmv file......

Eden+TMT5 works fine with MovieObject and Index files on my HTPC....

Yes, I think he is using Frodo, which has an extra popup title/menu selection for BD content.
In Frodo with a BDMV Folder you have to select "Show Blu-ray Menus" on the popup selection for it to send index/movieobject to the external player, or use the BAT file I posted earlier, which should work whatever you select.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mrh335 - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-18, 03:57)andyd Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 18:18)andyd Wrote: Anyone here using Windows 8 plus the latest version of TMT 5?

I'm having issues with focus again. I have to use a mouse to activate the window before I can control the app at all

Anyone?
I am running windows 8 and frodo rc2 and trying to use tmt5 for bluray iso playback. I have not been successful at getting tmt5 to launch or to get iso to mount. It seems the built in windows iso mount is not compatible with bluray isi files or maybe tmt5. Virtual clonedrive does not work to mount images over a network even though my iso files are stores on a windows share. Daemon tools lite just doesnt seem to want to work. Any help to get this setup working would be great. Native xbmc works with the iso files but requires you to choose the correct playlist.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - hopes - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-27, 12:46)acejh1987 Wrote: What version of XBMC are you using?
From the log file, XBMC is sending "O:\BluRay\The Exorcist 1973 1080p Blu-ray VC-1 DTS-HD MA 5.1\EXORCIST_DC\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00100.mpls"
as the file to play, it is sending the playlist instead of index.bdmv this is why the BAT file is not working correctly.
If you are using Frodo make sure you select 'show blu-ray menus' instead of the main title from the popup selection.

I'm on Frod RC2 + latest Aeon Nox from git.
Yes, the log file is pretty clear, mpls is sent instead of index.bdmv. Anyway even with my original playercorefactory (or the one simplified posted bt bluray) I get that error also selecting "show bluray menus"

(2012-12-27, 13:13)acejh1987 Wrote: hopes - Try this as PlayBDMV.bat
It should work whatever you select from the popup menu in Frodo.

Thanks a lot!
It works! It's quite self explanatory apart from that - %25, what does it mean?

(2012-12-27, 20:26)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2012-12-27, 19:40)bluray Wrote: It seems that you are selecting mpls file instead of bdmv file......

Eden+TMT5 works fine with MovieObject and Index files on my HTPC....

Yes, I think he is using Frodo, which has an extra popup title/menu selection for BD content.
In Frodo with a BDMV Folder you have to select "Show Blu-ray Menus" on the popup selection for it to send index/movieobject to the external player, or use the BAT file I posted earlier, which should work whatever you select.

Yes, you are correct. At least that's the way it goes for me.
Dunno whether it is useful or not but under TMT3 the original PlayBDMV.bat works just fine.

Thanks all for your support and helpWink

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-27, 22:14)hopes Wrote: Thanks a lot!
It works! It's quite self explanatory apart from that - %25, what does it mean?

~1,-25%

This basically takes the path -
"O:\BluRay\The Exorcist 1973 1080p Blu-ray VC-1 DTS-HD MA 5.1\EXORCIST_DC\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00100.mpls"
and removes the first character and the last 25 characters
Leaving the path as
O:\BluRay\The Exorcist 1973 1080p Blu-ray VC-1 DTS-HD MA 5.1\EXORCIST_DC\

I'm glad it worked for you Smile

(2012-12-27, 21:51)mrh335 Wrote: I am running windows 8 and frodo rc2 and trying to use tmt5 for bluray iso playback. I have not been successful at getting tmt5 to launch or to get iso to mount. It seems the built in windows iso mount is not compatible with bluray isi files or maybe tmt5. Virtual clonedrive does not work to mount images over a network even though my iso files are stores on a windows share. Daemon tools lite just doesnt seem to want to work. Any help to get this setup working would be great. Native xbmc works with the iso files but requires you to choose the correct playlist.

Are you able to mount the ISO manually with Daemon tools and play it back with TMT? (With XBMC closed)
What error are you getting with VCD? I know it has an issue in Windows 8.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Wymiatacz87 - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-27, 19:40)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-27, 14:51)Wymiatacz87 Wrote: I'm using TMT5 as external player for blu-ray's. When I close external player and get back to xbmc there is no sound - only way to get back sound is to restart XBMC. When I try to play some other movie, close XBMC or change sound settings - XBMC is crashing...

When I change in audio settings from directsound to wasapi there is no problem with external player but when I launch some games with advanced launcher the games are crashing - with directsound games works fine. I want to play games and watch blu-ray movies without changing the settings...
I'm using Frodo RC2. In Eden there were no problems...
How can I fix this?
If you are bitstreaming audio through HDMI, you should be using Exclusive mode and WASAPI.....you can check out this thread for tips- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

That solves sound problem with TMT5. But then I don't get any sound in other applications (games) launched from advanced launcher...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mrh335 - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-27, 22:39)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2012-12-27, 21:51)mrh335 Wrote: I am running windows 8 and frodo rc2 and trying to use tmt5 for bluray iso playback. I have not been successful at getting tmt5 to launch or to get iso to mount. It seems the built in windows iso mount is not compatible with bluray isi files or maybe tmt5. Virtual clonedrive does not work to mount images over a network even though my iso files are stores on a windows share. Daemon tools lite just doesnt seem to want to work. Any help to get this setup working would be great. Native xbmc works with the iso files but requires you to choose the correct playlist.

Are you able to mount the ISO manually with Daemon tools and play it back with TMT? (With XBMC closed)
What error are you getting with VCD? I know it has an issue in Windows 8.

I reinstalled Daemon tools using administrator rights and now can mount and play bluray iso files over my network using TMT5.

I also used this command line to automount using Daemon tools "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount dt, 0, %1.

The only issue is XBMC stays on focus and it does not switch to TMT5 for playback. How do I address that?

Also, how do I control TMT5? I was hoping my android Yatse app would still control through XBMC, but now think this is not the case. What solutions exist and is there one that readily integrates into iRule?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2012-12-29

My PlayDisc.bat works, but not the PlayBDMV.bat. MPC-HD says "File not Found"

PlayBDMV.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" %pth% exit

PlayDisc.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" F:

EDIT: The Bluray I'm attempting to play is from the actual disc as opposed to a ripped file. The Bluray drive is my F drive. In case it matters VirtualCloneDrive is the I drive, but the way I understand all of this, that would only matter if I was trying to mount an ISO?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-18, 03:10)Desisuperman Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 02:41)bluray Wrote: @Desisuperman-
Can you post your playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat in here? I'll take a look at it....

(2012-11-01 17:34)Desisuperman Wrote:  
If you want TMT5 to playback blu-ray disc and XBMC to playback everything else, you can use the playercorefactory below-

playercorefactory.xml: need to replace "xxxx" with the correct computer login name

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat: need to replace E: with the correct BD-ROM drive

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

Note: you can places both playercorefactory and PlayDisc files in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

I literally copied and paste the script from above

Ok this solved my issue of "File not Found", which is perfect because the only thing I want MPC for is to play Blu-ray discs. However, now I have the following issues:

1) MPC-HD doesn't open full screen
2) No audio
3) All movies are played in MPC, when I want XBMC to play everything natively except Blu-ray discs.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Elizab7eth - 2012-12-29

These steps will allow you to return to XBMC main menu!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-29, 01:46)CaptainKen Wrote: My PlayDisc.bat works, but not the PlayBDMV.bat. MPC-HD says "File not Found"

PlayBDMV.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
For MPC-HC, the PlayBDMV.bat is slightly different, and here are the codes for it:

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\*.*.mpls=%

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-29, 03:15)CaptainKen Wrote: 1) MPC-HD doesn't open full screen
You can set MPC-HC to launch in fullscreen as shown below.

(2012-12-29, 03:15)CaptainKen Wrote: 2) No audio
If you haven't configure MPC-HC audio, you can use this guide- Setting Up Bitstreaming With Your Windows 7

(2012-12-29, 03:15)CaptainKen Wrote: 3) All movies are played in MPC, when I want XBMC to play everything natively except Blu-ray discs.
You can use this rule instead- <rule filetypes="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>

(2012-12-29, 06:14)bluray Wrote:

If you haven't configure MPC-HC audio, you can use this guide- Setting Up Bitstreaming With Your Windows 7

(2012-12-29, 03:15)CaptainKen Wrote: 3) All movies are played in MPC, when I want XBMC to play everything natively except Blu-ray discs.

Thank you Bluray for your detailed and quick response. So now MPC only plays Bluray discs and they play in full screen. However, that created a new issue where the screen turns pink in XBMC and when I exit it to the windows desktop.

Too tired to read the audio guide right now, but I'll dig in to it in the am.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2012-12-29

Just a quick note, a BAT file is not needed for BDMV playback with MPC-HC, just add BDMV/MPLS as a filetype in the rules for the MPC-HC player.
XBMC sends the correct info to MPC so no need to change it.

(2012-12-29, 05:59)bluray Wrote: For MPC-HC, the PlayBDMV.bat is slightly different, and here are the codes for it:

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\*.*.mpls=%

What does this line do? Would this even change %pth% at all?

(2012-12-29, 08:00)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 06:14)bluray Wrote:

Thank you Bluray for your detailed and quick response. So now MPC only plays Bluray discs and they play in full screen. However, that created a new issue where the screen turns pink in XBMC and when I exit it to the windows desktop.

Too tired to read the audio guide right now, but I'll dig in to it in the am.

Turning Pink seems to have been a 1 time fluke that I can't duplicate. The audio is also working without any tweaking. rebooting the PC must have fixed everything.

My "ATI HDMI Output properties" only show "Dolby Digital" under encoded formats?