Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Dragen - 2012-09-29

Sort title is for where in XBMCs library it shows up.
Let's say you have The Thing (1982) and The Thing (2011) in your library. Since the 2011 movie is a prequel to the 1982 movie, you'd probably want to list them as 2011 > 1982. But since the titles are identical, and 2011 is higher than 1982, they will be listed as 1982 > 2011.
Using Sort Title, you can set 2011 as The Thing 1, and 1982 as The Thing 2. and they will show in the correct order in XBMC.

Another example is the Marvel series of movies, where The Avengers would be listed before The Incredible Hulk. Using collections and sort title, you can manually set the movies to appear in the correct order by using Marvel 1 for Hulk and Marvel 6 for The Avengers.

Don't worry, you won't see sort title as the title showing up in your library, it is just background data for XBMC.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 13:02)Dragen Wrote: Sort title is for where in XBMCs library it shows up.
Let's say you have The Thing (1982) and The Thing (2011) in your library. Since the 2011 movie is a prequel to the 1982 movie, you'd probably want to list them as 2011 > 1982. But since the titles are identical, and 2011 is higher than 1982, they will be listed as 1982 > 2011.
Using Sort Title, you can set 2011 as The Thing 1, and 1982 as The Thing 2. and they will show in the correct order in XBMC.

Another example is the Marvel series of movies, where The Avengers would be listed before The Incredible Hulk. Using collections and sort title, you can manually set the movies to appear in the correct order by using Marvel 1 for Hulk and Marvel 6 for The Avengers.

Don't worry, you won't see sort title as the title showing up in your library, it is just background data for XBMC.

Awe so it's the "<SortTitle>" tag for movie sets! Daah, I've actually used that alot! So where is the critical matching "<Set>" tag?

Thank for answering question 4 so well. Your example was also helpful as I forgot all about how important it is to list The Avengers movies in order.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - _matt_ - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 18:10)CaptainKen Wrote: So where is the critical matching "<Set>" tag?

Tools > Sets Manager (or Ctrl+Alt+M) :-)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - JohnVee - 2012-09-29

Hey guys, how do you get ember to scrape TMDB for info, not just posters or fanart? I'm trying to scrape my documentaries collection, and a lot of them are only on TMDB. Thanks for any help

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-09-30

(2012-09-28, 05:17)ajamils Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 01:49)Randall Lind Wrote: I have 1400 movies and 172 TV shows no problems

Do you do anything special? Mine keeps crapping out after few mins.

No not that I can think of. Maybe Ember got corrupt I would delete Joblogs.emm and Media.emm I had issues before. On start you will have to readd you directories etc,

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - teo406 - 2012-09-30

(2012-09-28, 14:05)Halibutt Wrote: I have a problem with scraping a Polish show named "Paradoks". It doesn't get scraped automagically, when I re-scrape it nothing gets found. Also, marking manual TVDB entry and entering its' code (262470) doesn't work. Any ideas?
Cheers

..probably you have set the language in ember in "English" so it finds only results for this language. (..and probably your tvshow doen't have english language equivalent in TVDB)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-09-30

(2012-09-29, 21:27)_matt_ Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 18:10)CaptainKen Wrote: So where is the critical matching "<Set>" tag?

Tools > Sets Manager (or Ctrl+Alt+M) :-)

I never would have thought to look there. It would be handy to have a button on the Edit Movie screen.

Also odd that both the "Sort Title" and "Set" tag fields aren't on the Edit screen since they are often used together? Having the Set tag on the Edit screen would save a few steps.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-09-30

I'm having some odd behavior regarding the "Sets Manager". Of all the sets listed, I only have one movie for the set. If I manually remove the Set tag from the nfo they still appear in the list. This included Update Library.

Something else is that my actual movie sets are not appearing in the Sets Manager. I keep all my sets within a Collection folder for each and then each movie that is part of the Set (Collection) is within it's own folder along with the nfo and thumbs. I do this because it organizes my collections nicely without having to hunt them down. XBMC and Aeon Nox support this structure.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - emal011 - 2012-10-01

Why I have Data Base problem? If is the first time I run it..

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - evilcult - 2012-10-03

I have recently moved from WMC to XBMC, and the change is good Big Grin,

One thing, though, as everyone in this thread, I like total control over my media, and after some reading, emm, seemed to be the application that would give me that, i played with the old emm, and then emm-r, but both have broken features here and there, so i almost gave up, but then i found this, and its seems "this" emm, is the latest and greatest, so i headed over to purplepig site, and downloaded emm, and it failed ... downloaded it like 20 more times, on different PC's, at different locations, but every time, the same story, the download completes 100%, the size is the same, but the zip wont open, gives an error that the zip file file is not valid, or something to that extend, and the md5 hashes dont match.

Is anyone else having a problem with the download?
Can someone please upload the latest copy somewhere, so that i can grap it from there?

Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Atomic7431 - 2012-10-03

I see this is still not working with bdmv file structure will there ever be a fix?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ^FrEaK^ - 2012-10-04

Ember has suddenly stopped scraping series on a total basis, sometimes it gets a name and sometimes it just get release date, but never gets plot or poster/banner, this happened just from one day to the next, just started it up one day and it didn't work, any ideas? is there any debug log i can give?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ajamils - 2012-10-05

For the life of me, I cannot get EMM to work properly. I have only added few movies to it to test out and even then I am unable to scrape all of them automatically. Scrapping one movie at a time works fine but when I try to automatically scare, I get the following error (in my Windows task bar, on the right just above the clock).

An Error Has Occurred
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Any suggestion?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - EZ1976 - 2012-10-05

ember stopped scraping movies correctly.
all my animation movies have "none" in their genre
realty TV are marked as none

anyone knows about a good ember replacement? since the OP seems non responsive
thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kavouras - 2012-10-05

@ EZ1976
I think you will not find such good engine as of embers...
I tried the most similar software. The only one that does a descent job is extreme movie manager http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/
But if you make ember to work, it is by far the easiest and better software.
Unfortunately for ember there is no longer support because the original maker of the program retired, so the support is poor...
Also i have some questions for this nice software but there is no support....unfortunately...