Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Valdysses - 2012-10-23

Recently installed Ember to clear up some particularly thorny issues regarding a few titles. What a great program!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - leftywhat - 2012-10-23

Hey Guys

Love Ember, however I noticed in XBMC, majority of my movies don't have the option to play a trailer, while a small amount do.
Obviously I think I've installed a new version and forgotten to tick some options I have done in the past.

Now I've gone into Edit > Settings > Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers, and ticked "Enable trailer support" along with "Only get URLs when scrapping"
However, the NFO file (movie.nfo), doesn't seem get/have the Trailer URL in it, ie if you double click on the title in ember, the trailer url is blank.

Anyone got any ideas? I've also gone to Edit > Settings > Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers > Underneath it "Ember Native Movie Scrappers" and enabled Trailers, ticked both Youtube/TMDB and IMDB but still no go.

If someone can figure this out, that would be great, then I'm going to put my entire collection back into Ember, and hopefully just be able to auto-update the NFO's only so that it re-scrapes them with the trailer URLs and then remove/re-scan the library back into XBMC, and hopefully all of them will have the option to view the movie trailer.

Cheers.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - leftywhat - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-18, 12:58)faulksy Wrote: I scrape all my TV shows using ember and watch them through xbmc. When add an new episode to tv show I must firstly scan it in ember then open xbmc, navigate to the tv show, press the 'c' button and select 'Scan for new content" for it to be visible in the tv shows. It won't automatically detect like a movie does. It will be visible in videos but not tv shows

Is there a way it isn't necessary for xbmc to detect new episodes without the need to scan it with ember first?

This really isn't relevant to Ember, but I'll explain.

I run TV Rename, then scrape the data "which means the info/text, and the covers/fanart etc" using Ember. If you want XBMC to automatically detect new content without having to also press c, and go scan for new content, you can make XBMC automatically scan for new content every time XBMC is started. Its in XBMC settings. I can't remember the exact location where this setting is, but its definitely there.

If you're using a remote control and XBMCCustomRegis, then pressing the * button will update your library (basically it does c, scan for new content etc). This makes updating the library easy and perhaps a better option than having auto-update library on startup enabled as you don't have to wait for it to check for new items every time you open xbmc.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-23, 11:56)leftywhat Wrote: Hey Guys

Love Ember, however I noticed in XBMC, majority of my movies don't have the option to play a trailer, while a small amount do.
Obviously I think I've installed a new version and forgotten to tick some options I have done in the past.

Now I've gone into Edit > Settings > Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers, and ticked "Enable trailer support" along with "Only get URLs when scrapping"
However, the NFO file (movie.nfo), doesn't seem get/have the Trailer URL in it, ie if you double click on the title in ember, the trailer url is blank.

Anyone got any ideas? I've also gone to Edit > Settings > Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers > Underneath it "Ember Native Movie Scrappers" and enabled Trailers, ticked both Youtube/TMDB and IMDB but still no go.

If someone can figure this out, that would be great, then I'm going to put my entire collection back into Ember, and hopefully just be able to auto-update the NFO's only so that it re-scrapes them with the trailer URLs and then remove/re-scan the library back into XBMC, and hopefully all of them will have the option to view the movie trailer.

Cheers.

Set it up like that and it should work:

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kavouras - 2012-10-24

My main problem with ember is that it doesnt recognize movies that are single files! It understand only folders!
Is there any setting to change that?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2012-10-25

Can someone help me? When I try to rescrap or scrap multiple movies, it usually just freeze's on me Sad I really would love if anyone knows how to fix this.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I fixed it... I had to disable notifications. Anyone else had this issue?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - powerplyer - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-23, 12:47)leftywhat Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 12:58)faulksy Wrote: I scrape all my TV shows using ember and watch them through xbmc. When add an new episode to tv show I must firstly scan it in ember then open xbmc, navigate to the tv show, press the 'c' button and select 'Scan for new content" for it to be visible in the tv shows. It won't automatically detect like a movie does. It will be visible in videos but not tv shows

Is there a way it isn't necessary for xbmc to detect new episodes without the need to scan it with ember first?

I run TV Rename, then scrape the data "which means the info/text, and the covers/fanart etc" using Ember. If you want XBMC to automatically detect new content without having to also press c, and go scan for new content, you can make XBMC automatically scan for new content every time XBMC is started. Its in XBMC settings. I can't remember the exact location where this setting is, but its definitely there.

If you're using a remote control and XBMCCustomRegis, then pressing the * button will update your library (basically it does c, scan for new content etc). This makes updating the library easy and perhaps a better option than having auto-update library on startup enabled as you don't have to wait for it to check for new items every time you open xbmc.

Hello thank you for the information. I pretty much do the same thing but I am running in to issues with EMM. I use the renamer to put it on to correct format. Show name.ExxSxx.Show Title.mkv. I then run EMM click on the TV Shows tab --> Update Lib --> Click on show --> and hit (Re)Scrape. But nothing gets update. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Also my Scrape Media is grayed out on top. The movie side works great

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - leftywhat - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-25, 03:08)powerplyer Wrote: Hello thank you for the information. I pretty much do the same thing but I am running in to issues with EMM. I use the renamer to put it on to correct format. Show name.ExxSxx.Show Title.mkv. I then run EMM click on the TV Shows tab --> Update Lib --> Click on show --> and hit (Re)Scrape. But nothing gets update. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Mine works fine, make sure in settings > tv shows > scrapers - data that in TVDB Mirror there is thetvdb.com and under ember native tv scrappers that the enabled box is ticked. Make sure you're source/path where your files are is correct in ember.

Also, what is your folder structure for tv shows?

Mine goes something like this, example;

D:\TV Shows\TV Show Name
\Season 1
- TV Show Name.S01.E01.lol at me.avi
\Season 2
- TV Show Name.S02.E01.lol round two.avi

I hope that helps?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-10-25

I have a new problem sometime ember has issues scapeing or get stuck so I kill it in windows 7 but it stays in the task manager. In order to use ember again I must reboot. Not sure why this happens.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-25, 18:11)Randall Lind Wrote: I have a new problem sometime ember has issues scapeing or get stuck so I kill it in windows 7 but it stays in the task manager. In order to use ember again I must reboot. Not sure why this happens.

Did you kill the process?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Wolfgan - 2012-10-25

I'm using an old machine as file/media server with EMM as main metadata scraper (amazing tool, thanks a lot for it) and WDTV as remote player.

From time to time I watch a couple of videos with MPC-HC in that machine. I'm looking for a lite media browser to display EMM movie data in pretty ways, and launch MPC as external player. XBMC or WMC are too heavy for my liking, and I won't use a lot of it's functionality anyways.

Do anyone know about any light/minimalist media browser for just that purpose?
Thanks, Wolf.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Scooby_too - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-25, 03:08)powerplyer Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 12:47)leftywhat Wrote:

Hello thank you for the information. I pretty much do the same thing but I am running in to issues with EMM. I use the renamer to put it on to correct format. Show name.ExxSxx.Show Title.mkv. I then run EMM click on the TV Shows tab --> Update Lib --> Click on show --> and hit (Re)Scrape. But nothing gets update. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Hey powerplyer

the first thing I see wrong is your file naming structure you have "Show name.ExxSxx.Show Title.mkv." unless this is a Typo I have never seen a program or system that accepts that format it should be Show name.SxxExx.Show Title.mkv.

Making that correction should fix your problem.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-10-26

(2012-10-25, 19:37)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-10-25, 18:11)Randall Lind Wrote: I have a new problem sometime ember has issues scapeing or get stuck so I kill it in windows 7 but it stays in the task manager. In order to use ember again I must reboot. Not sure why this happens.

Did you kill the process?

Yes and programs close but it stay listed in task manager like it is still running. However I can reopen but then I get an error telling me that the database is locked. When I kill the open ember it closes and disappears from task manager but the one that is still there remains until I reboot. It has happen to me 3-4 times. Not really a big deal but weird and it just started in the past couple weeks.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RockDawg - 2012-10-27

I found a bug in the XBMC Controller module. It does not update the Sort Title when it's been changed. All the other fields I tried all update the db except for Sort Title. I am using a MySQl db. Hopefully someone can fix this. I find the XBMC Controller extremely handy.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - powerplyer - 2012-10-27

[/quote]

Hey powerplyer

the first thing I see wrong is your file naming structure you have "Show name.ExxSxx.Show Title.mkv." unless this is a Typo I have never seen a program or system that accepts that format it should be Show name.SxxExx.Show Title.mkv.

Making that correction should fix your problem.

[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback, I made a mistake in my naming convention in the forum. My format is as following \\<NAS>\media\Vidoes\TV Series\<TV Show>\Season X\<TV <Show.SXXEXX>.<episode name>.ext. I will try and post some some screen shots. It all works fine if I remove the whole show from the Library and then have it scan again.