Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - p1nky - 2012-11-04

Is there a way to make EMM scrape the "IMDB display title", ie the one that actually is displayed most prominently on IMDB, the "main one"?

I've been using EMM for a while now, mainly for generating movie.nfos to be read later on by XBMC, and this is the one major annoyance I have with it, for foreign movies it always retrieves the original title, OR if I "force" it to some language it sometimes retrieves the forced language title. Usually I set it to "USA", however this is definitely NOT the same as the "IMDB display title" - sometimes it's the same, sometimes it matches the main title.
However more often it does not, and also often it finds some unwanted working title when set to USA, even if the original title would be fine, because it isn't even a foreign movie.

For example take this movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2191861/

No matter whether I untick "Force title language" or if I set it to "USA" it will always find "Ai de mian bao hun" when clearly an international "IMDB display title" of "The Soul of Bread" is there Sad

Is there any way to make it do what i want (which seems pretty straightforward and obvious to me, just take the most prominent title on there....)?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I can't imagine this hasn't been asked before, however I couldn't find anything about it, which seems a bit strange. If there is some information for this already available please just point me in the direction.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-11-04

Ok, I know I keep saying this, but I'm still around, I've not given up yet lol, anyway, my life circumstances have changed dramatically in the past couple of months which has really affected me ability to focus and get things moving forward. The good news is that now my life is starting to stabilize a little more, I'm closer to work which means I'll have more time to dedicate to Ember, so be patient and hopefully the next release will be worth the wait Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kavouras - 2012-11-05

Bobrick i think a lot of people would support your efforts...
I would donate some money in order to see ember coming up again...Why dont you do it?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - krypt2nite - 2012-11-05

Don't know if it would be helpful to anyone but I created this video tutorial mostly dealing with EMM. I have used EMM since the first day oh so long ago and made a video 3 years showing off my media, so now I constantly get asked how to do things like Genres, so I made this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQwz7SUHyU

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - soxism - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-04, 19:09)bodrick Wrote: Ok, I know I keep saying this, but I'm still around, I've not given up yet lol, anyway, my life circumstances have changed dramatically in the past couple of months which has really affected me ability to focus and get things moving forward. The good news is that now my life is starting to stabilize a little more, I'm closer to work which means I'll have more time to dedicate to Ember, so be patient and hopefully the next release will be worth the wait Smile

Glad to hear things are settling for you brodrick, many of us will wait patiently for EMM updates. Its Still one of the best External scrapers around.! (Untill some of the other ones can even come close to the features emm has)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Axodious - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-04, 19:09)bodrick Wrote: Ok, I know I keep saying this, but I'm still around, I've not given up yet lol, anyway, my life circumstances have changed dramatically in the past couple of months which has really affected me ability to focus and get things moving forward. The good news is that now my life is starting to stabilize a little more, I'm closer to work which means I'll have more time to dedicate to Ember, so be patient and hopefully the next release will be worth the wait Smile

Glad to see things are working out and looking forward to future releases. Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - john_es - 2012-11-10

Hi there... am using the latest version of Ember, but I notice now that when it tries to get fanart or covers, the "Original" radio button is always grayed out. No matter what I do, I can't get it to download fanart or posters anymore. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Oddsodz - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-10, 06:04)john_es Wrote: Hi there... am using the latest version of Ember, but I notice now that when it tries to get fanart or covers, the "Original" radio button is always grayed out. No matter what I do, I can't get it to download fanart or posters anymore. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

No. but I have noticed that when you try to scrap a taller from "YouTube" it now always fails to find a bit-rate to chose from. I Have a feeling that this is Google's way of say "Don't you steal my trailers".

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - shaktoo - 2012-11-11

yes as per oddsodz.. I can confirm that when manual scraping the trailers are not being scarped from HDTrailers.net + from youtube always fails to find any quality to choose i.e just hangs

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-11-12

Same for me. Trailer support appears broken. Would be fantastic to have a fix!!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Tomkun - 2012-11-12

Trailers have not worked for quite a long time, for me at least. I think that it was when youtube updated their site rather than ember being 'broken'. Probably just needs somebody to update the scraper to the new URLs. I don't have a clue how though!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-11-12

There has been a "fix" in this forum a month ago, but it appears yet again broken. Hope that someone comes up with a "fix". Thanks in advance!!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - myron - 2012-11-12

Interesting.
Just tried it minutes ago, it still works for me with my patched version.
Can you PM me the imdb title id or something?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-11-12

youtube url trailers are working for me with the .6 Version.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Tomkun - 2012-11-13

I tried the patched version - thank you very much.

Trailer scraping works, kinda. If I try to scrape a movie trailer individually I will get the 'no trailer found' error, even if there is one available. However, if I allow it to scrape automatically; i.e, "movies missing items" -> "trailers only", it works just fine.