Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 00:40)clubwerks Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 00:21)>>X<< Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 18:09)Randall Lind Wrote: Does anyone know how to setup EMM for Frodo or do we need a new version? I only plan to switch to Frodo when PseduoTV is ready love that addon.

I've had no problem scraping in Frodo

Each movie in its own folder (named exactly as below)

movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn
movie-trailer.ext

TV Show

tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
seasonXX.tbn

Episodes

filename.nfo
filename.tbn

You won't for now, but you will eventually. I mean we know the correct planned naming conventions for future releases, why not get ahead of it instead of scrambling to fix it later?

I don't disagree, I only said I don't have a problem scraping in frodo and as far as I know backward compatibility isn't going in frodo.

EMM supports most of those new image types but it doesn't support all those needed for TV, in any case I could make all the needed changes to all images in one go using Flexible Renamer.

For me I would only have to make the following changes to be compatible with the new image types

Each movie in its own folder (named exactly as below)

movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn (poster.jpg) Supported in EMM
movie-trailer.ext

TV Show

tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg (poster.jpg) Supported in EMM
seasonXX.tbn (seasonXX-poster.jpg) Not supported in Ember

Episodes

filename.nfo
filename.tbn (filename-thumb.jpg) Not supported in Ember

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-01-02

Can someone please help me... EMM keeps scraping my movies in what looks to me another language? This is what I get for Tomorrow Never Dies "Cinemania Tomorrow Never Dies (2008)" and for Thunderball (1965) "Upright Citizens Brigade Thunderball (2000)"...

I dont understand why Sad

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2013-01-03

What scraper are you trying to use?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - grupy - 2013-01-03

I recall there used to be a link for additional studio images...does anyone happen to have a link for it? Just looking to add more studio images outside of the ones that are packaged by default with EMM.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-02, 23:58)juan71287 Wrote: Can someone please help me... EMM keeps scraping my movies in what looks to me another language? This is what I get for Tomorrow Never Dies "Cinemania Tomorrow Never Dies (2008)" and for Thunderball (1965) "Upright Citizens Brigade Thunderball (2000)"...

I brought this up the other day, something has changed again so its not selecting the exact match when you use "Automatic", you need to use "Ask" and then it wont happen it will just use the correct one.

Your probably need to delete those incorrect nfo's first as mine wouldn't overwrite with new ones.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-01-03

Here is a question, I'm not sure if it's possible. I've been using Ember for a while. I have a large collection 800+ movies but I don't have the movies in individual folders, but all in a few big folders. Is there an easy way to get Ember to put each movie in it's own folder so I can add other stuff, movie logo art etc

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bonelifer - 2013-01-03

Not sure about doing that in Ember, but you could use theRenamer: http://therenamer.com/ just set it up to use the naming format and it will move your movies to the individual folders inside your MOVIE folder.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 19:34)PogMoThoin Wrote: Here is a question, I'm not sure if it's possible. I've been using Ember for a while. I have a large collection 800+ movies but I don't have the movies in individual folders, but all in a few big folders. Is there an easy way to get Ember to put each movie in it's own folder so I can add other stuff, movie logo art etc

There's an option in settings to do this when you scrape or you can do it from tools.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 15:35)>>X<< Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 23:58)juan71287 Wrote: Can someone please help me... EMM keeps scraping my movies in what looks to me another language? This is what I get for Tomorrow Never Dies "Cinemania Tomorrow Never Dies (2008)" and for Thunderball (1965) "Upright Citizens Brigade Thunderball (2000)"...

I brought this up the other day, something has changed again so its not selecting the exact match when you use "Automatic", you need to use "Ask" and then it wont happen it will just use the correct one.

Your probably need to delete those incorrect nfo's first as mine wouldn't overwrite with new ones.

thanks so much.. you are always so helpfull... MOD+ for you Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-01-04

Question #215454785 <-- LOL :/

Is there a way to export all my movies in an HTML file and upload it to a website to show my friends all the stuff I have in case they need anything? And I am looking for a nice looking exporting, with images and stuff.... not just like a list LOL.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2013-01-04

You may want to look at trakt.tv for that kind of thing, or sharethe.tv.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 00:25)kricker Wrote: You may want to look at trakt.tv for that kind of thing, or sharethe.tv.

ty so much.. love these sites

RE: does EMM Support windows 2012? - hatbrox - 2013-01-04

(2012-12-31, 15:55)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2012-12-31, 03:01)hatbrox Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 18:54)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: You have to use the native scraper the XML scrapers don't work anymore, and for best results use the option "Ask" when scraping.

Ah, that's inconvenient. I liked Olympia's scraper because I can ask to get HD fanarts/posters

but it seems that the native scrapper does a very good job: I tested 20 movies and all got high res images with English language.

Thanks a lot.

Olympia scrapers get artwork from the same place as the native scraper namely TMDB, the option for which size it gets during an auto scrape are available in Settings > Movies > Scrapers and Trailers, if you want the option to select the highest resolution when you want to change artwork, manual scrape or rescrape then you need to turn off "use image caching"

thanks for the tip

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-02, 13:55)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 13:07)KILLERNADS Wrote: Thanks for pointing that out. Im assuming that installing this, wont work with auto updating EMM to the latest version? In other words, am i always going to have to search on this forum for the newest versions and reinstall?
True, as long as noone takes over the whole project. I'm glad we see some fixes from DanCooper.

BTW, reinstall means replacing the files from the archive. It always went smooth for me. So settings and DB are not lost.

I thought Brodrick was back or that what he said a couple months or so ago. He also announce a new version was coming which was rewritten from ground up and promise an alpha a week later (never came). However he seems to have disappeared again. Dan express he wanted to take it over but stated he wasn't a good enough programmer.

So no idea if EMM is on death watch again or not. However Dan Copper fix did put it on life support.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - KILLERNADS - 2013-01-04

I downloaded the fix 2 update i think it was from Dan Copper! However im not sure how to install it over my current build without loosing anything such as settings database etc...

Can some one please tell me which files i need to replace in the folder?!

I tried a few different combinations yesterday but all caused some sort of error!

thanks