Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-28

What do I need to delete to do TV Shows now? Do I need to delete ewverything but the .nfo's in the seasons folders then rescape TV show Info or what? Or do I need to delete the .nfo inside the season folder 1,2,3 etc

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - daign - 2013-01-28

Working like a charm. Thanks!

-D

(2013-01-26, 00:14)MaxCore Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 00:04)daign Wrote: The change movie function does not seem to work. I have to input the imdb address manually.It scrapes the name right, but won't search IMDB.

Latest version...

example:

Any questions for Ben
tt1735839

It comes up with the name right, but I have to input the imdb id manually...

check the signature of Dan Cooper for the lastest version

or

here

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - emueyes - 2013-01-28

(2011-12-14, 22:03)bodrick Wrote: I've decided its time to give Ember a new home. I've taken it upon myself to not only pick up the code where it was left off and attempt to continue development of it, but I've also create a new site for Ember so that it can be supported easily with forums, a wiki, bug and project tracking. Right now there isn't much to look at, but the source is there and available also on github. I plan to work on a release in the next few days.

Cool, taking on a project like this Smile It looks a lot of people, myself included, are very interested.

I've the latest version, have all my movies labelled and in their own directories (I used FileBot for that, so the names are checked), and I think I'm reasonably competent, but am not gettng anywhere. I'm rabbit hunting choosing scraper options like using the built in or the olympia scrapers, and the bottom line is that though the program says it's scraping, and quite often will show a tick in the .nfo column for a movie, no data actually appears.Then, if I clear and reload everything the .nfo checkmark disappears.

So is there a step by step on how to run this, or a checklist to make sure it's installed and working properly? I know the spirit of the project is hands on, but I need a hand up to get me started.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 08:10)emueyes Wrote:
(2011-12-14, 22:03)bodrick Wrote: I've decided its time to give Ember a new home. I've taken it upon myself to not only pick up the code where it was left off and attempt to continue development of it, but I've also create a new site for Ember so that it can be supported easily with forums, a wiki, bug and project tracking. Right now there isn't much to look at, but the source is there and available also on github. I plan to work on a release in the next few days.

Cool, taking on a project like this Smile It looks a lot of people, myself included, are very interested.

I've the latest version, have all my movies labelled and in their own directories (I used FileBot for that, so the names are checked), and I think I'm reasonably competent, but am not gettng anywhere. I'm rabbit hunting choosing scraper options like using the built in or the olympia scrapers, and the bottom line is that though the program says it's scraping, and quite often will show a tick in the .nfo column for a movie, no data actually appears.Then, if I clear and reload everything the .nfo checkmark disappears.

So is there a step by step on how to run this, or a checklist to make sure it's installed and working properly? I know the spirit of the project is hands on, but I need a hand up to get me started.

First, you need the last version of Ember (check my signature).
You can only use the native scraper, the xml scraper is broken.
I don't know a tutorial in English, I have only one in German.
(2013-01-28, 03:03)Randall Lind Wrote: What do I need to delete to do TV Shows now? Do I need to delete ewverything but the .nfo's in the seasons folders then rescape TV show Info or what? Or do I need to delete the .nfo inside the season folder 1,2,3 etc

I think the best way for tv shows is:
Delete all jpg and tbn inside the folders. Ember overwrite all nfo on rescraping, it's not needed to delete the nfo manually. After this you can rescrape all tv shows.
(2013-01-28, 09:29)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 08:10)emueyes Wrote:

First, you need the last version of Ember (check my signature).
You can only use the native scraper, the xml scraper is broken.
I don't know a tutorial in English, I have only one in German.
(2013-01-28, 03:03)Randall Lind Wrote: What do I need to delete to do TV Shows now? Do I need to delete ewverything but the .nfo's in the seasons folders then rescape TV show Info or what? Or do I need to delete the .nfo inside the season folder 1,2,3 etc

I think the best way for tv shows is:
Delete all jpg and tbn inside the folders (Ember overwrite all nfo on rescraping, it's not needed to delete the nfo manually). After this you can rescrape all tv shows.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-28

Thanks Dan

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - craney - 2013-01-28

Hi all

Im still using version 1.3.0.7 so i just manually use the "tt" id number from the imdb site to find my films as i only have to add the odd film here and there and i dont wanna change anything that seems to work so well dont like upgrading software Smile one thing i have just noticed though is that once i have entered my film id and it scrapes the fan art for that specific movie its no longer showing me the fan art image resolution under the actual image. So every image i select is only showing as a really small image in the fanart box which is kinda weird. I have gone to the movie database site directly as i believe this is where the images get scraped from and found the same image i selected through emeber but the resolution is much higher and once i add this image locally into ember its fine again

Any ideas to why emeber has all of a sudden stopped showing the correct fan art resolutions of the images?

Thanks so much guys

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 01:16)DanCooper Wrote: The best settings for Frodo are:

Movies:
<movie>-poster.jpg (the XBMC Frodo FAQ says "poster.jpg", but this setting is better because this is the standard to which the XBMC database exported (separate files).
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

Both are in the FAQ for frodo

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

NOTE: movies in folders can also use the options under files below.

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)

[moviename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episodename]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

XBMC always exports using file name because it can be used in either situation as noted above.

(2013-01-28, 01:49)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 01:31)AnalogKid Wrote: In what way is exporting going to help?
Which elements of my list are wrong?

Please note, in Ember 1.3.0.7 fix4.2 the opening configuration dialogs for filenaming offer a smaller subset of the actual filenaming options inside the app.
Also, in the opening config dialogs it states that <season>-fanart should reside inside the season folder, but it does not state this in the application config. According for the Frodo Wiki, the <season>-fanart should reside in the show folder, not the season folder.

I'll reiterate though, that whilst the number of available filenaming options is great - the defaults aren't in line with Frodo (might be an idea to help promote Frodo conventions?) plus, not all the Frodo conventions are supported:

<movie>-poster.jpg/png (not supported)
<movie>-banner.jpg.png (not supported, but a rare use case)

<show>-poster.jpg/png (not supported)
<show>-banner.jpg/png (not supported)

<season>-fanart.jpg/png (conflicting UI between show folder or season folder deployment)
<season>-banner.jpg/png (not supported)

Is any of the above incorrect?

At present, I have no problem with my system setup, I use some scripting to batch rename to Frodo standards, but sadly, as Ember cannot (yet) detect the above standards, I've had to shelve it for the moment.

On a side note, I absolutely think it would be helpful of forum members tried to steer new users to at least adopting the Frodo naming conventions rather than perpetuating the use of 'tbn' etc.

Finally, the <movie> / <show> prefix convention is probably the safest default option since it will work for flat and folder based media alike.

No, <show>-poster.jpg, <show>-banner.jpg, <season>-poster.jpg/-fanart.jpg/-banner.jpg isn't correct. The best way is use exactly the same filenaming like database export in Frodo:
for shows:
poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, seasonXX-poster.jpg/-fanart.jpg/-banner.jpg

Exactly

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 12:20)craney Wrote: Hi all

Im still using version 1.3.0.7 so i just manually use the "tt" id number from the imdb site to find my films as i only have to add the odd film here and there and i dont wanna change anything that seems to work so well dont like upgrading software Smile one thing i have just noticed though is that once i have entered my film id and it scrapes the fan art for that specific movie its no longer showing me the fan art image resolution under the actual image. So every image i select is only showing as a really small image in the fanart box which is kinda weird. I have gone to the movie database site directly as i believe this is where the images get scraped from and found the same image i selected through emeber but the resolution is much higher and once i add this image locally into ember its fine again

Any ideas to why emeber has all of a sudden stopped showing the correct fan art resolutions of the images?

Thanks so much guys

TMDB has change the image server, you need the last version from my signature.
You can copy the Media.emm, advancedsettings.xml and settings.xml to the new Ember installation to save your settings and database.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 12:35)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: Both are in the FAQ for frodo

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

NOTE: movies in folders can also use the options under files below.

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)

[moviename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episodename]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

XBMC always exports using file name because it can be used in either situation as noted above.

That's right, but in my opinion is <movie>-poster.jpg the right choice.

Situation 1:
You have used the plugin fanartmanager in XBMC and will export the banners. Then you have inside the folder <movie>-poster.jpg and poster.jpg.

Situation2:
You export the complete database from XBMC to edit the files with Ember. Ember recognizes the poster, since they are not named as poster.jpg but as <movie>-poster.jpg. If you change the poster in Ember he merely changes the file, which is defined in the settings. The other remains unchanged.

<movie> -poster.jpg/-fanart.jpg/-banner.jpg definitely is the perfect choice.

EMM on two Computers - euphos - 2013-01-28

Just a quick question for those of you with more experience that me. I have two computers I use EMM w/ the 4.2 fix on to update my collection used on a Boxee Box. Depending on convenience, I either use my main PC in the office or a netbook out in the family room. I want them to sync to my library, and be updated on what was entered on the other PC. I attempted to copy just the settings.xml & advancesettings.xml files to the other PC, then tried the entire directory, and the list of titles seemed to be there, but noticed fanart and some items are not recongnized. Then going into the settings, I noticed the paths for scraping were not present, nor were some of the other settings. What's the best way to have this run on 2 PC and have them keep items in sync? I'm using the latest 4.2 update on both. Are there settings saved someplace else like a user directory somewhere?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - upD8R - 2013-01-28

You need to copy the DB, too. Basically I have EMM "installed" in my Dropbox folder and use it from any PC in my home network. Best portable solution and always in sync Big Grin

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 16:26)upD8R Wrote: You need to copy the DB, too. Basically I have EMM "installed" in my Dropbox folder and use it from any PC in my home network. Best portable solution and always in sync Big Grin

Right, the best way is copy the complete Ember folder. All movie and tv show infos are saved in media.emm, all precached images for tv shows are in the temp folder. Dropbox it's a good way to use on multiple computers.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - JustinAiken - 2013-01-28

Thanks for the fixes DanCooper, 1.3.0.9 is working perfect for everything I use EMM for!

I did movies last night and now redoing all My TV shows thanks again Dan fo all your hard work. Now in XBMC what do I delete for it to all show up correctly?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-01-28

Right, got all mine sorted, thanks all