Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 00:11)Randall Lind Wrote: Well I am done thetvdb was slow as heck but, after 8 hours redoing 165 TV shows it is finish. Now to re-add them in xbmc and I am done, My day was blowned and here goes my night LOL

Big Grin Cool

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Shinu - 2013-01-29

Hey Dan. I'm not sure if you can do this, or if it has been requested before, but some skins now look for the season fanart for tv shows in the series main folder. is it at all possible for you to add an option to the program so that it saves there? thanx Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-01-29

I think that kind of request sort of fits into other TV series requested enhancements, such as the request to pull banners, clearart, etc, that are used in many XBMC skins but that Ember doesn't currently download.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - shadrach47 - 2013-01-29

Dan, thanks for adding movie-poster.jpg.

I reloaded all my movies after getting 1.3.9, the check-mark for posters is checked but no poster image shows. Anything I have to do to load it if I already have them in the movie folders? If I re-scrape it, that movie will show the poster, but not ones that were already added.

Also, when I leave the program and go back in, all the check-marks are gone from poster and I have to reload all my movies for the check-mark to come back but no poster shows.

I don't really have an issue about it, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for all the work!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - GreenOnyx - 2013-01-29

I'm still a little confused, or have some concerns, with the frodo recommendations for nfo/jpg when dealing with movies (NOT tv shows). In my opinion the "NOTE: movies in folders can also use the options under files below" on the frodo wiki is either not accurate or there is a bug.

From my tests, <movie>-fanart.jpg isn't valid when in a disc root (i.e. In \\<movie>\ for a \\<movie>\VIDEO_TS\ structure). I'm guessing poster has the same problem, <movie>.nfo does seem to work.

Unless frodo is going to fix this, it seems like movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, and poster.jpg should be the Frodo movie defaults unless there are multiple movies in a folder (so the "Use <movie> only for folders with multiple movies" option would be checked too, and things might need modified to apply to nfo and jpg if they don't already).

Coming from a popcornhour and yamj I always favor <movie> so the files aren't the same name, but this would NOT work for me with Frodo and BDMV blu-ray structures, so I had to switch to movie/fanart/poster.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 02:11)shadrach47 Wrote: Dan, thanks for adding movie-poster.jpg.

I reloaded all my movies after getting 1.3.9, the check-mark for posters is checked but no poster image shows. Anything I have to do to load it if I already have them in the movie folders? If I re-scrape it, that movie will show the poster, but not ones that were already added.

Also, when I leave the program and go back in, all the check-marks are gone from poster and I have to reload all my movies for the check-mark to come back but no poster shows.

I don't really have an issue about it, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for all the work!

The reload funktion is a little crappy atm (although it will update the list, but not the database). Clear the database in Ember and make a db-update (not rescraping, only update the database so that all files be read again.). Now Ember will find all poster that are <movie>-poster.jpg.
(2013-01-29, 02:20)GreenOnyx Wrote: I'm still a little confused, or have some concerns, with the frodo recommendations for nfo/jpg when dealing with movies (NOT tv shows). In my opinion the "NOTE: movies in folders can also use the options under files below" on the frodo wiki is either not accurate or there is a bug.

From my tests, <movie>-fanart.jpg isn't valid when in a disc root (i.e. In \\<movie>\ for a \\<movie>\VIDEO_TS\ structure). I'm guessing poster has the same problem, <movie>.nfo does seem to work.

Unless frodo is going to fix this, it seems like movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, and poster.jpg should be the Frodo movie defaults unless there are multiple movies in a folder (so the "Use <movie> only for folders with multiple movies" option would be checked too, and things might need modified to apply to nfo and jpg if they don't already).

Coming from a popcornhour and yamj I always favor <movie> so the files aren't the same name, but this would NOT work for me with Frodo and BDMV blu-ray structures, so I had to switch to movie/fanart/poster.

I have newer tested dvd or br folders with ember. I will check this next.
Your code works not? Would have to write a function for DVD and BR that always used poster.jpg instead of <movie>-poster.jpg?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-01-29

Man, the last time I fired up EMM it was a struggle and a half to get things even close to behaving! Thanks for the herculean effort, Dan!

A couple of things I'd like to see:
- When EMM asks the user for a choice when it isn't sure what to choose, is there a way to not show 'Popular titles' options?
- I'd like an "auto opt-out" option on the scraper -- meaning, if a non-forced scrape is in progress, instead of asking the user it merely skips that movie or show as unresolved and continue onto the next. This way I can leave it for a multi-hour chug-session and then work through all the ones it wasn't sure of manually at a later time. (On a related note, to avoid a repeat of a 'stuck' scrape if a remote server has difficulties, the scrape should have an auto time-out, cancelling that item's scrape and moving to the next.)

And a question:

What are "No stack extensions"?

The code I added works for placing the filenames specified in settings in the proper parent folder (when VideoTSParent is true). It does not override those filenames because we don't know the media system that the user is using.

I don't think we want to hard code filenames for VIDEO_TS and BDMV structures, so it would have to become an option.

Before we create an option though I think we need more input from people as to if there is any reason why we shouldn't default frodo to movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, and poster.jpg (for movies). Can anyone think of a reason why we wouldn't do this?

Also, I'll try and find some time to see if anyone's reported this bug to the XBMC developers. It seems like a bug to me at least, or the wiki needs updated to state that disc structures only allow movie/fanart/poster to avoid confusion.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnalogKid - 2013-01-29

If I have the following stacking setup:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.nfo
|__ Star Wars-poster.jpg
|__ Star Wars-fanart.jpg

then EMM doesn't detect the presence of the .nfo, poster, or fanart (but XBMC does).

Is there a config option I need to setup in EMM to handing this stacking convention?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 02:20)GreenOnyx Wrote: I'm still a little confused, or have some concerns, with the frodo recommendations for nfo/jpg when dealing with movies (NOT tv shows). In my opinion the "NOTE: movies in folders can also use the options under files below" on the frodo wiki is either not accurate or there is a bug.

The Wiki Wrote:For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)
[moviename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episodename]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
This naming works perfect for me in the following structure:
Code:
\\Movies\<movie>\
    <movie>-poster.jpg
    <movie>-fanart.jpg
    <movie>.nfo

You appear to be talking about this structure:
Code:
\\<movie>\VIDEO_TS\
    <movie>-poster.jpg
    <movie>-fanart.jpg
    <movie>.nfo
Is that correct?

(2013-01-29, 03:29)kricker Wrote: This naming works perfect for me in the following structure:
Code:
\\Movies\<movie>\
    <movie>-poster.jpg
    <movie>-fanart.jpg
    <movie>.nfo

You appear to be talking about this structure:
Code:
\\Movies\<movie>\VIDEO_TS\
    <movie>-poster.jpg
    <movie>-fanart.jpg
    <movie>.nfo
Is that correct?

Yes, your second example with the VIDEO_TS is what I'm talking about. The wiki makes me believe those filenames should be supported in the parent movie folder, the folder that contains the VIDEO_TS folder (\\Movies\<movie>\). That doesn't appear to be the case for fanart/poster though, only nfo.

On the Ember Side:
To be clear, this is using the VideoTSParent Settings.xml option in Ember to force files to the parent/root movie folder for VIDEO_TS and BDMV structures. The big problem is in the past, and I think during export now still, xbmc works with these files deep in the disc folder structure, which shouldn't be the case. We should be handling these in the parent folder now that Frodo supports it (I'm unsure if Eden ever did).

It seems like Ember should store these in the parent folder via an option that the frodo button can set for the user, and then we either need xbmc fixed to find <movie>-fanart/poster.jpg there or the Frodo button should default to movie/fanart/poster.jpg.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 03:09)AnalogKid Wrote: If I have the following stacking setup:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.nfo
|__ Star Wars-poster.jpg
|__ Star Wars-fanart.jpg

then EMM doesn't detect the presence of the .nfo, poster, or fanart (but XBMC does).

Is there a config option I need to setup in EMM to handing this stacking convention?

Correct naming is:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd1.nfo
|__ Star Wars.cd1-poster.jpg
|__ Star Wars.cd1-fanart.jpg

Btw: that's also the correct naming for XBMC

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-29

Dan,
Ember rocks I am almost done adding all my media back into XBMC (Fell asleep waiting for movie hard drive to finish scanning). Everything that was re added looks great everything is scan correctly and are from the folders from hard drives.

Great work Dan Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-01-29

There are discrepancies between what the wiki says and the result of an export from XBMC. For movies in separate folders, Frodo exports:
<folder>/<movie>.nfo
<folder>/<movie>-poster.jpg
<folder>/<movie>-fanart.jpg

I opened a ticket (14010) related to the information in the wiki vs the files exported. I'm about to continue that ticket after testing some more structures/file layouts.

I agree with DanCooper that the default EMM settings for Frodo should result in identical output as what XBMC exports.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 03:09)AnalogKid Wrote: If I have the following stacking setup:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
etc

Any time I encounter a movie that's more than one part, I join them into a single file, which is a 20 second job in VirtualDub:
- launch VirtualDub and in the Video menu, set it to 'Direct stream copy'
- open the first part of the multipart video
- drag the location slider to the end, then use 'Append video' from the file menu to add the next part onto the end of the first.
- repeat the last step if there are more than two parts
- choose 'Save as AVI' and save your joined video with its proper name (in the above example, 'Star Wars.avi')
- quit VirtualDub, throw away the old parts.

Any time VirtualDub complains about VBR encoding or mismatched rates, I just class it as a "YARRR!!" (Yet Another Retarded Ripper Reject) and delete the whole folder :p