Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ser_renely - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-01, 15:05)dreldragon Wrote: mediafire download link ember 1.3.0.9 for those who are having problems with Dans share sites

and many thank to Dan and others who are keeping this alive.

regards
DD

Thanks SO much!!!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - dgoogle - 2013-02-02

Team, is the source for ember 1.3.0.9 available for download ?
If so, where can I get it ?

Also is 1.3.0.9 the latest version ?

cheers,
dg

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - GreenOnyx - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 06:16)dgoogle Wrote: Team, is the source for ember 1.3.0.9 available for download ?
If so, where can I get it ?

Also is 1.3.0.9 the latest version ?

cheers,
dg

You can always check DanCooper's signature for the latest, 1.3.0.9 appears to be correct.

The source is available on github here , the 1.3.0.x branch at DanCooper/Ember-MM is what DanCooper is distributing if you're looking for the latest.

Scraping .actors folder - Pr.Sinister - 2013-02-02

(2013-01-31, 00:02)nsviper Wrote: One quick question - I've deleted all my .actor folders to get rid of all the .tbn files - is there a quick way to force a rescan or rescrape of JUST the actor thumbs/cache?

Thanks again

Currently, the best way to do this is to go into the Scraper Settings and enable all the global locks so any tweaks you may have made are now locked. Also, disable generating extrathumbs.

Then select 1 movie, right-click and select (Re)Scrape Movie.

Now click cancel at the poster selection and cancel at the fanart selection and it will then scrape the .actors folder for you.

It would really be great if we could just scrape the actor thumbs in batch. I have 4264 movies and 794 TV Shows so it is extra tedious...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mhendu - 2013-02-02

Ah, nice to see this program is still updated - found this thread after seeing that the site was down.

Is there a plan to add support for tags to Ember? I have been waiting for XBMC to support this feature for some time, would be great for Ember to support it as well!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - EZ1976 - 2013-02-02

hi
i am soo glad the ember project is back.
to celebrate it i rescraped everything to get it up and running but it seems that although it does go to imdb, the matches are far from correct.
for some reason it gives priority to entries in IMDB that are for tv reviews or short films.

if you check the movie "everybody's fine" ember will get a tv review of the movie.
if you check the website, the correct movie comes up.
anyway to give ember the option to check popularity better?
i scraped the movie "evolution" - in ember the documentry entry came up
so basically i need to go through more than 1500 films and check each one.

thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - dgoogle - 2013-02-02

GreenOnyx,
thanks for the reply.

Team,

Has anyone been able to get ember workign with XBMCbuntu Frodo ?

I have tried and can't get it wokring.

One of the help pages indicated that it may be because the HTTP API has been discontinued in Frodo.

Any ideas ?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-02-02

Is there an Ember equivalent for Music, what are you guys using?

Re: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bry - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 14:30)PogMoThoin Wrote: Is there an Ember equivalent for Music, what are you guys using?

Mediamonkey

RE: Scraping .actors folder - >>X<< - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 10:15)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 00:02)nsviper Wrote: One quick question - I've deleted all my .actor folders to get rid of all the .tbn files - is there a quick way to force a rescan or rescrape of JUST the actor thumbs/cache?

Thanks again

Now click cancel at the poster selection and cancel at the fanart selection and it will then scrape the .actors folder for you.

It would really be great if we could just scrape the actor thumbs in batch. I have 4264 movies and 794 TV Shows so it is extra tedious...

There's no need to do this if you have already scraped your movies into frodo and your nfo's contained actor urls, XBMC will have already scraped all your actor thumbs all you need to do is export your library to separate files.

When it asks export thumbs, fanart and actor thumbs select "Yes", when it asks overwrite old files select "No"

The only thing that it will export doing it this way is actor thumbs, all your other local files are seen as old files.

Only works if your local files are named exactly as xbmc exports them.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 12:06)EZ1976 Wrote: hi
i am soo glad the ember project is back.
to celebrate it i rescraped everything to get it up and running but it seems that although it does go to imdb, the matches are far from correct.
for some reason it gives priority to entries in IMDB that are for tv reviews or short films.

if you check the movie "everybody's fine" ember will get a tv review of the movie.
if you check the website, the correct movie comes up.
anyway to give ember the option to check popularity better?
i scraped the movie "evolution" - in ember the documentry entry came up
so basically i need to go through more than 1500 films and check each one.

thanks

I work on a better solution for the search results. Release next week.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - boppyman - 2013-02-02

I'm in the process of building a HTPC and want to move over my library from my current system and install the new Nox skin.

I've been reading that the new skin uses <movie>-poster.jpg or poster.jpg and currently all my posters are as <movie>.tbn

If i double click a film in ember or go to edit and click OK it adds the necessary files but it would take an age to do that 1 by 1.

Is there anyway to get EMM to edit and reload all the titles in one go or any way faster than i suggested?

Thanks

RE: Scraping .actors folder - Pr.Sinister - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 17:45)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: There's no need to do this if you have already scraped your movies into frodo and your nfo's contained actor urls, XBMC will have already scraped all your actor thumbs all you need to do is export your library to separate files.

When it asks export thumbs, fanart and actor thumbs select "Yes", when it asks overwrite old files select "No"

The only thing that it will export doing it this way is actor thumbs, all your other local files are seen as old files.

Only works if your local files are named exactly as xbmc exports them.

Thanks for the tip. Although it will take a long time with the size of my library, it certainly is less work. My only problem is i don't like the naming convention the export uses. I prefer the naming for each movie in it's own folder. I used to have it like that but then they introduced movie.nfo, fanart.jpg and movie.tbn, i switched to that as it was more efficient especially with Media Companion. I really don't want to go back AGAIN...

3 questions if i may :

If i am using movie.nfo and export, will it now have 2 nfos (movie.nfo and <moviename>.nfo) or will it overwrite movie.nfo?

Is it truly the <moviename>.nfo or <filename>.nfo? Because my movies are named like so :

Code:
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.idx
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.mkv
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.sub
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\extrafanart
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\extrathumbs
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\fanart.jpg
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\folder.jpg
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\movie.nfo
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\movie.tbn
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\poster.jpg

Does the .nfo have to be "2 Day In New York.nfo", "2 Day In New York (2012).nfo", or "2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.nfo"?

BTW: I dunno if you saw my PM but you should switch from the Alaska Group as the display group in your profile so we can add to your reputation. You are very helpful.

-Pr.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - chuckan - 2013-02-02

(2013-01-31, 09:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 01:22)chuckan Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 18:16)chtamina Wrote: same situation here !

EDIT: I even tried with the latest nightly or removing username/password. Even after using xbmc default webserver: nothing, it won't connect

I upgrade from Eden to Frodo today and presto.....ive got this problem aswell.
When i try to Update my XBMC library with EMM i get this "XBMC Controller: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
I have no other connection problems between my PC & XBMC...i can play files, update the library with XBMC all that works fine....the exception is when i try to update the library with EMM
Have never had this come up before....and all i have done is upgrade from Eden to Frodo.

Anyone knows how i can remedy this problem??
Im using EMM 1.3.0.9

XBMC has change the webinterface from http to JSON. I have no time (and not enough skills) to code a new controller.
Ok...thanks for the answer.
Is there anyone that knows how to code a new one?

Also i have recently been having problem with the Frame Extraction in EMM, in 98% of the times i try to extract it just fails.
The "Extracting Frame..." box just sits there for a LONG time, then when it dissappears and i look in the Extrathumbs its empty of there is a thumb1.jpg thats just blank.
BTW...This happens with x264 mkv files, even some movies that it worked on previously...so its not only on new files.
Anyone knows how to get this to work again?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DerKiLLa - 2013-02-02

Hello!
I've this bug over month ... does anybody know something about this bug and how to avoid it?

The filename of this file is: warehouse-s03e06-720p.mkv

it is scanned as s03e06 and also as s03e720 ...