Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-13

So we said:
WebInterface - not working, to be deleted

Is anyone using the OfflineHolder?

does it work?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jhhoffma - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-13, 22:19)CaptainKen Wrote: EMM will only recognize the file types selected in "Files and Sources".

Your errors might be tied to a permissions or read only attribute.

Regarding sets, I think there is something planned for this in next release. For now you must use Tools, Sets Manager.
The files are standard avi's and mkv's and under a previous install of EMM worked fine. In fact, they all show up on the library side, just an error is generated when manually scraping them (nothing happens when an autoscrape is initiated).

Files are open permission and EMM is being run as Administrator on my server where files are stored. (Also, it worked on an installation of 1.3.0.9).

The error only occurs when rescraping a movie that didn't get scraped properly the first time. If I close out EMM and reopen it again, it's usually a 75% success rate.

Any other ideas?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-13

New memory management for images: RELEASED
now all images are NOT resized, I've checked both movie and show scrapers

To me it appears to be much faster than before.

I've changed the log structure. Now the files will NOT over write but they will be named as:
<year><month><day>-<hour><minute><second>.log

and will be saved in the log directory.

If you do not want them please disable logging in advancedsettings.xml

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-13, 23:35)jhhoffma Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 22:19)CaptainKen Wrote: EMM will only recognize the file types selected in "Files and Sources".

Regarding sets, I think there is something planned for this in next release. For now you must use Tools, Sets Manager.
The files are standard avi's and mkv's and under a previous install of EMM worked fine. In fact, they all show up on the library side, just an error is generated when manually scraping them (nothing happens when an autoscrape is initiated).

Files are open permission and EMM is being run as Administrator on my server where files are stored. (Also, it worked on an installation of 1.3.0.9).

The error only occurs when rescraping a movie that didn't get scraped properly the first time. If I close out EMM and reopen it again, it's usually a 75% success rate.

Any other ideas?

Sorry, I'm out of ideas, maybe someone else could help.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-13, 16:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 15:39)voip-ninja Wrote: Still having trouble with season posters for TV shows.

I've got TV shows set up with the Frodo options.

I re-scrape Season 4 of Breaking Bad and what I see it do is put a season04-poster.jpg into the root folder of the Breaking Bad series. There is no poster put into the "Season 4" sub-folder.

XBMC does not show the season poster.

Running artwork downloader does not clear it either.

Ideas? I'm running the latest load of EMM.

The root folder is the right place, not inside the season folder.
If XBMC not found the poster try to remove tv show from XBMC-DB, delete Textures13.db in userdata folder and refresh the XBMC-DB.

Thanks Dan, this fixed it. If there is an FAQ, etc, maybe it can get added there for the next poor slob that runs into the issue. Thanks again to you and others for continuing work on EMM!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - donny1916 - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-13, 11:41)donny1916 Wrote: I know this will be a real noob question so please be kind. How do you install 1.3.0.10? I have downloaded the files in the folder Ember-MM-master and I read "As of version 1.3.0.10 there is one FRODO Wizard button. Who uses XBMC Frodo just press this button and can apply the settings" Where do I find this magical FRODO Wizard button - I installed XBMC but still cant see it (although XBMC looks good so I will be looking into that a bit more)

Any help very much appreciated

Anybody willing to waste 5 seconds on my question?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 01:57)donny1916 Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 11:41)donny1916 Wrote: I know this will be a real noob question so please be kind. How do you install 1.3.0.10? I have downloaded the files in the folder Ember-MM-master and I read "As of version 1.3.0.10 there is one FRODO Wizard button. Who uses XBMC Frodo just press this button and can apply the settings" Where do I find this magical FRODO Wizard button - I installed XBMC but still cant see it (although XBMC looks good so I will be looking into that a bit more)

Go to

Edit-> Settings.

Then click your Movies button on the top bar.

Then click "Files and sources". You'll see a button over on the right that says "XBMC Frodo". Click that and the options are set up for Frodo.

Do the same thing for your TV shows if you have those.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mhendu - 2013-03-14

I use Ember all the time but I'm using <tag> more and more frequently and Ember doesn't support it and in fact overwrites my nfo files that contain this tag so I have to re-enter it manually. Are there plans to support <tag> metadata any time soon?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 02:34)mhendu Wrote: I use Ember all the time but I'm using <tag> more and more frequently and Ember doesn't support it and in fact overwrites my nfo files that contain this tag so I have to re-enter it manually. Are there plans to support <tag> metadata any time soon?

yes, it is coming.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 02:34)mhendu Wrote: I use Ember all the time but I'm using <tag> more and more frequently and Ember doesn't support it and in fact overwrites my nfo files that contain this tag so I have to re-enter it manually. Are there plans to support <tag> metadata any time soon?

Already answered, yes but we have higher priorities.

Question: can you make examples of your tags ? they are the keywords of TMDB, correct?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - donny1916 - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 02:02)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 01:57)donny1916 Wrote:

Go to

Edit-> Settings.

Then click your Movies button on the top bar.

Then click "Files and sources". You'll see a button over on the right that says "XBMC Frodo". Click that and the options are set up for Frodo.

Do the same thing for your TV shows if you have those.

thanks mate but it must be beyond me - I have moved to Media Companion

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jhhoffma - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 11:31)donny1916 Wrote: thanks mate but it must be beyond me - I have moved to Media Companion
Are you sure you're running 1.3.0.10?

It's right there in the settings for Movies and TV scraping...it's the little box on the right that says "XBMC Frodo".

All it does is check the appropriate boxes used by XBMC 12 (Frodo), you can do them yourself if you want, but it's simpler to check one box instead of 3.

(2013-03-14, 00:42)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 23:35)jhhoffma Wrote:

Any other ideas?

Sorry, I'm out of ideas, maybe someone else could help.
Hopefully, someone else can. I think it's happening behind the scenes as well. If I try to set up a batch scrape with "Ask" it works for a good while, but the minute it gets to a movie it can't handle (The Grey, Omen(s), Harry Potter...things that generate lots of results, I would guess), it stops scraping and I have to cancel manually and then all the errors popup en masse.

If I try to scrape manually, movie-by-movie it works for one movie, then the next one will generate the error. If I close the program and restart, I can do another, then the next one generates the error. Most of the time it will keep working even with the error, but if I do it more than 3-4 times, it will eventually lock up.

Two more items to cover:

1. Is there a way to manually add a folder/file to the library list? Some movies do not get added to the library list even though they contain standard avi or mkv files. I've had to rename folders to get them to show up properly.

2. When adding two identical movies to a set, EMM locks up. For instance, Theatrical and Extended Edition versions of Avatar do not have separate entries in IMDB or TMDB, so they get scraped as the same movie. When I create a set for them, I can add one but when adding the second, EMM locks up. If I change the Title of the entry to "Extended" or something so that there is a difference, the feature works as expected. Sorry, I don't have a log for this, but it should be easy enough to duplicate.

Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 16:06)jhhoffma Wrote: Hopefully, someone else can. I think it's happening behind the scenes as well. If I try to set up a batch scrape with "Ask" it works for a good while, but the minute it gets to a movie it can't handle (The Grey, Omen(s), Harry Potter...things that generate lots of results, I would guess), it stops scraping and I have to cancel manually and then all the errors popup en masse.

What it means: it stops?
usually it should download and show the results.
Does it happens always on the same files?
Can you provide the exact folder name and file name of one of the file where it always happens?

(2013-03-14, 16:06)jhhoffma Wrote: If I try to scrape manually, movie-by-movie it works for one movie, then the next one will generate the error. If I close the program and restart, I can do another, then the next one generates the error. Most of the time it will keep working even with the error, but if I do it more than 3-4 times, it will eventually lock up.

which error? there could be a lot of errors that are not critical (i.e. a time out when downloading a fanart). Need more info
Again what it means: locks up?

(2013-03-14, 16:06)jhhoffma Wrote: Two more items to cover:

1. Is there a way to manually add a folder/file to the library list? Some movies do not get added to the library list even though they contain standard avi or mkv files. I've had to rename folders to get them to show up properly.

Not that I'm aware of. The issue is with the name of the show-folder. Can you provide an example?
It happens always with the same shows?

(2013-03-14, 16:06)jhhoffma Wrote: 2. When adding two identical movies to a set, EMM locks up. For instance, Theatrical and Extended Edition versions of Avatar do not have separate entries in IMDB or TMDB, so they get scraped as the same movie. When I create a set for them, I can add one but when adding the second, EMM locks up. If I change the Title of the entry to "Extended" or something so that there is a difference, the feature works as expected. Sorry, I don't have a log for this, but it should be easy enough to duplicate.

Thanks!

It should not lock Smile but it makes no sense to have a set made of 2 identical movies, how you can distinguish them?
It should report and error... not lock

(2013-03-14, 16:47)m.savazzi Wrote: What it means: it stops?
usually it should download and show the results.
Does it happens always on the same files?
Can you provide the exact folder name and file name of one of the file where it always happens?
I mean that EMM proceeds through the folders (you can see it at the bottom where it's processing different library items), but no scraping is being done (no art or nfo's are saved) and no errors are generated. I guess you could say it happens on the same files, as it's my entire library. The initial automated scan processed the first dozen or so, then stopped scraping them. I'm having to manually scrape the rest. I can run a "Scrape All Movies" but I think EMM doesn't register them since it thinks it's already scraped them, though there's no info in those folders. I use "Scrape - Movies Missing Items" to proceed with further automated scans.

(2013-03-14, 16:47)m.savazzi Wrote: which error? there could be a lot of errors that are not critical (i.e. a time out when downloading a fanart). Need more info
Again what it means: locks up?
The only error message I get is the one I posted on earlier (log file here).

Locks up means the program freezes and window will become a "Not Responding" condition, and windows will say the "Program has stopped working" like this (just pulled this as example):

(2013-03-14, 16:47)m.savazzi Wrote: It should not lock Smile but it makes no sense to have a set made of 2 identical movies, how you can distinguish them?
It should report and error... not lock
I sort of agree on the identical movies, and I worked around it by manually changing the title. I posted this just as an FYI. However, it does not generate anything in the log (that I've seen) and does the same thing as mentioned above ("Program has stopped working").