Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2013-05-04

I just updated to the latest built (rev 12). Some of the trailers are no longer picked up although I did not change anything in my settings (-trailer). It is very weird and I cannot figure out a systematic issue. It affects around 100 movies/trailers out of my 1,000+ movies with trailers.

Any idea?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-05-04

I appreciate frequent updates and don’t mind starting from scratch every now and then. One thing I keep forgetting when moving to a new version is adding two video codec mappings. XBMC does not know about the following two:
Code:
<codec>microsoft</codec>
<codec>v_mpeg2</codec>
By not know, I mean that there is no corresponding image that will be displayed in media flagging until the movie has been played. The names used by XBMC are wvc1 and mpeg2video. Are there any obvious downsides to add these mappings to Settings->Miscellaneous->Audio & Video Codec Mapping by default?

Unless it breaks anything, I suggest that two mappings be added to the default set of video codec mappings:
Code:
microsoft -> wvc1
v_mpeg2 -> mpeg2video

and related to previous post, checking the list of mapped codecs, the following values, does not map to an image in XBMC.
dx50
mpeg4
div3
3ivx

To get XBMC to display an image in media flagging before the video has been played, the value of the codec element + ".png" should be found in
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video

The same is true for audio codec values and
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/audio

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Dragen - 2013-05-04

Can't get latest EMM, requires login.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-05

Team,
I found a problem in the code / db.

As is today the different names for the images (for example poster) are check boxes. This means that I can enable MULTIPLE saves for the same image (for example poster.jpg and poster.tmb)

The issue I discovered is that in the DB the field Poster is a single string! this means that we do not save all the images saved but the last one hardcoded in
Code:
Public Function SaveAsPoster(ByVal mMovie As Structures.DBMovie, Optional sURL As String = "") As String

It does return the LAST
Code:
strReturn = tPath

This is not very good.

Now there are some options:
  • leave it as is as is not a major issue
  • convert all the checkboxes into radio buttons, meaning the image will only be saved once
  • check if possible to save in the db multiple paths for the same image

I'm in favor of option 1 or 2, option 3 will lead to quite a mess and also Ember does not show more than 1 poster and is not really useless.

what you advise?

is it useful to save multiple times the same image?

Question n.2

Does anyone use the local cache?

Question n.3
Tables MoviesFanart and MoviePoster appear to be useless. The corresponding fields Movie.Thumb is always written and never read.

Has anyone found where it is used?
If not I will remove it

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - logictester - 2013-05-05

any chance to get the xbmc connection/update working, i get 404 when i try to configure it, the web interface on the xbmc is working fine using a browser
thanks for all the hard work!

Re: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RockDawg - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 04:04)logictester Wrote: any chance to get the xbmc connection/update working, i get 404 when i try to configure it, the web interface on the xbmc is working fine using a browser

+1! I would kill for this to be working again.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Drazzilb - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 04:04)logictester Wrote: any chance to get the xbmc connection/update working, i get 404 when i try to configure it, the web interface on the xbmc is working fine using a browser

+1

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Ruxton - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 05:13)Drazzilb Wrote:

+1

It's still using the old XML api, needs to be rewritten to use the JSON api
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON_RPC

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-05

Found a bug.

If there is a "&" in the <title> tag, then the movie.nfo isn't recognized and therefore ember changes extension to info.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-05

what about the question about subtitle locks?
i've done some tests again and still gets the same error: subtitles are erased when clicking reload streamdetails.

thx!

(2013-05-05, 08:35)Ruxton Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 05:13)Drazzilb Wrote:

+1

It's still using the old XML api, needs to be rewritten to use the JSON api
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON_RPC

will look into this once that the new scrapers and all modules have been updated.
its a major change and we need,to lock the features for a little.

thank you for your patience.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 00:51)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,
I found a problem in the code / db.

As is today the different names for the images (for example poster) are check boxes. This means that I can enable MULTIPLE saves for the same image (for example poster.jpg and poster.tmb)

The issue I discovered is that in the DB the field Poster is a single string! this means that we do not save all the images saved but the last one hardcoded in
Code:
Public Function SaveAsPoster(ByVal mMovie As Structures.DBMovie, Optional sURL As String = "") As String

It does return the LAST
Code:
strReturn = tPath

This is not very good.

Now there are some options:
  • leave it as is as is not a major issue
  • convert all the checkboxes into radio buttons, meaning the image will only be saved once
  • check if possible to save in the db multiple paths for the same image

I'm in favor of option 1 or 2, option 3 will lead to quite a mess and also Ember does not show more than 1 poster and is not really useless.

what you advise?

is it useful to save multiple times the same image?

Question n.2

Does anyone use the local cache?

I have changed the code for r12, now all activated pictures (folder.jpg, poster.jpg, ...) are saved.
Ember need only one working tPath to display the pictures in all views. It does not matter which path is written to the DB.
When scrapping all existing images are deleted. This feature is absolutely correct and needs no change.

Dan,
not clear, do you mean: we just need tpath and nothing else?

or you mean we need to save all images?

m

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 12:36)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan,
not clear, do you mean: we just need tpath and nothing else?

or you mean we need to save all images?

m

I mean multiple checkboxes are great. With more than one option you can make the library fit for more than one media systems. I you have Frodo and Eden you need different Settings (folder.jpg and *-poster.jpg). Ember save both posters to the local folder and save one path to the db to display the image in Ember (last saved image while saving images, first matched while scanning folder for existing images).

Before r12 Ember has only save the first image that has matched the settings. It was not possible to save folder.jpg and poster.jpg in video_ts and BDMV folders. I have fixed that and it works perfect.