Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-06, 18:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 17:45)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 21:45)DanCooper Wrote: You can add extrathumbs while manual scraping with the checkboxes. The size is controlled by Settings -> Movies -> Images -> native/TMDB scraper -> Extrathumb Size.
I personally have set "Thumb" because the images appear very small in XBMC.

Exrafanarts are for background/fanart slide shows in XBMC and need the same/best resolution like normal fanarts.

By the way a few version back it would have al the fanart tagged by default, and now they no longer do. So have to manual tag each one that I want, which is usually almost all of them.

If you have enabled the option "download all Fanarts as extrathumbs in size..." for autoscraping AND set the same size for manual scraping all Fanarts are auto-checked while manually scraping.

Thank you Dan!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-05, 08:57)CaptainKen Wrote: Found a bug.

If there is a "&" in the <title> tag, then the movie.nfo isn't recognized and therefore ember changes extension to info.

Bump

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-06, 22:02)Cocotus Wrote: "mpeg4" dx50, and div3 are not supported by confluence skin, but by popular Nox and mq4 skin. I wouldn't touch MPEG4 naming since it works for most skins, but we can change dx50, and div3 to "divx" like confluence. It will work for all skins.

Changes:
Code:
microsoft -> wvc1 (should work for all skins)
v_mpeg2 -> mpeg2video (should work for all skins)
3iv1,3iv2,3iv3 etc -> 3iv2 should work for all skins but confluence)
divx 3, divx 5 -> divx (should work for all skins)

Will commit to github later Smile

Nice, thanks! I admit being a bit confluence concentric Smile I seldom get the time to try out other skins.

Maybe copy Images\Flags\vcodec_mpeg2.png to Images\Flags\vcodec_mpeg2video.png also?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - grumbler - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-06, 16:41)m.savazzi Wrote: Extrathumb is via checkbox, what is the blue highlight?

The blue highlighted picture will be used as THE fanart of the movie. Meaning the one that is presented as background in XBMC.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-07, 08:57)CaptainKen Wrote:

If there is a "&" in the <title> tag, then the movie.nfo isn't recognized and therefore ember changes extension to info.

Bump

& is not XML compatible. use this for &:
Code:
&amp;

btw. Ember never save &, only &amp;
this is a selfmade bug Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - EZ1976 - 2013-05-07

hey everyone.
i cant find where to check if i want a extrafanart folder to be scraped in the movie folder.
i can only make the extrathumbs to be created.
if i do this via xbmc it will create an extrafanart folder.

should i create extrathumbs and have to rename it to extrafanarts?
thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-07, 10:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 08:57)CaptainKen Wrote:

Bump

& is not XML compatible. use this for &:
Code:
&amp;

btw. Ember never save &, only &amp;
this is a selfmade bug Wink

Thank you!

(2013-05-07, 17:44)EZ1976 Wrote: hey everyone.
i cant find where to check if i want a extrafanart folder to be scraped in the movie folder.

thanks

Extrafanart is not supported by Ember. You can set the extrathumbs to original quallity and rename the folder.

(2013-05-06, 22:24)michael123 Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 18:39)michael123 Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 18:36)DanCooper Wrote: You have tried to refresh the movie manually? The file names are 100% correct for Frodo.

Yeah cleaned the library and removed the source and re-added it. Tested 3 single part and 3 multipart films, fanart is there for the single parts, and blank for the multiparts (just the default xbmc wallpaper). It's not reading the poster either on closer examination.

I found a post in this thread that said <movie>-fanart.jpg doesn't work with multipart films and you have to use fanart.jpg, is this correct?

Any ideas on how to fix films with multi parts, from the look of it, ember is scraping them incorrectly.

Thanks.

*edit* I made a linked thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164213

I have fix that in code, but XBMC does not support multipart with (). But you can add it to advancedsettings.xml (XBMC).
But I would rename the files. With the Bulk Rename Utility which is very fast.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-07

things are proceeding VERY well Smile

Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-07, 18:36)DanCooper Wrote:

thanks

Extrafanart is not supported by Ember. You can set the extrathumbs to original quallity and rename the folder.

Will add that AFTER the new version of the scrapers is finished.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: filter / search box above movies list:

typing in it automagically searches and shows the movies based on what the dropdown is selected, the dropdown needs at least ONE more option and that is character, I wanted to filter out all james bond movies, but NONE of the movies have james bond, james, bond, or any combination in the movie name... since james bond is played by several actors I cant search for them either, soooooo... character filter is VERY useful =)
"Role" added to dropdown menu.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: when typing in the box, it gets disabled while searching which is QUITE annoying, if the search actually find something it is then brought back alive and IN FOCUS, if the search doesnt find anything the box is brought back to life but NOT IN FOCUS... quite annoying!
Fixed.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: searching for something, (lets stay with james bond), so I search for daniel craig the actor... what if I want to search for daniel craig the director?? selecting something else in the dropdown resets the searchbox...
Fixed. Now the search field is no longer cleared after change dropbox and refreshing the results with new dropbox item.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: the search dropdown should have producer as well.
the search could also search for people in general (actor, director and producer)
"Credits" added to dropdown menu.

Also added a small fanart window to main screen for users with a small screen:

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - EZ1976 - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-07, 21:02)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 18:36)DanCooper Wrote:

thanks

Will add that AFTER the new version of the scrapers is finished.

renamed the folder.
thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-07

hello again everybody:

i've tested again the old bug with the overlay icon for a language.
Occurs with all kind of audio codecs. Doesn't matter if the movie has an mp3, Ac3 or DTS audio stream (i haven't any movies with other audio codecs)

1.start ember.
2.refresh movie list.
3.if i click a movie with only one audio stream, then the icon shown are correct: without overlay (in my case: english audio).
4.if i click a movie with somekind of audio codecs (2) (e.g AC3) then ember shows the correct overlay icon (this is the normal behaviour)
.....then ALL movies with AC3 stream shows the overlay icon, despite of movies have only ONE.
5.the same with other audio codecs.

For short: the first time the overlay icon appers in Ember, are shown for everykind of movie with that audio codec.
It's an error of rendering?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-07, 22:51)orbtwin Wrote: hello again everybody:

i've tested again the old bug with the overlay icon for a language.
Occurs with all kind of audio codecs. Doesn't matter if the movie has an mp3, Ac3 or DTS audio stream (i haven't any movies with other audio codecs)

1.start ember.
2.refresh movie list.
3.if i click a movie with only one audio stream, then the icon shown are correct: without overlay (in my case: english audio).
4.if i click a movie with somekind of audio codecs (2) (e.g AC3) then ember shows the correct overlay icon (this is the normal behaviour)
.....then ALL movies with AC3 stream shows the overlay icon, despite of movies have only ONE.
5.the same with other audio codecs.

For short: the first time the overlay icon appers in Ember, are shown for everykind of movie with that audio codec.
It's an error of rendering?

I will check this again tomorrow. I thing this is an unloading process fail.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-03, 19:08)IceNine Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 16:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 14:42)IceNine Wrote: I can confirm this issue remains in 1.3.0.12.

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetMovieFolderContents(MovieContainer& Movie)
Date/Time: 5/2/2013 5:51:37 PM
===========================================================================================

I did some more experimenting and I can't get it to work no matter what combination of settings I use. I double checked what is happening and it looks like TV shows are working fine, it only affects movies. I get that error for every movie in my library. I have a flat library structure, so all the movies, nfo's, posters and fanart are all together in the same folder rather than each individual movie and associated files being in their own folders. This setup has worked for me for a long time and continues to work under EMM 1.3.0.9 and XBMC 12.1. Something is being read by EMM because the movie names are correct rather than just file names and the scraped info is actually there if I double-click on any entry, but EMM is not registering any information existing in the main list. I also did a test re-scrape on an existing movie and confirmed the files themselves are actually being updated on my server but EMM still throws that same error and still will not register any info or posters/fanart as existing, even though it just successfully scraped them. Anything that can be done to fix this would be greatly appreciated, mainly just because I'm too lazy to readily put in the time to rearrange everything. Thanks in advance!

Please upload your Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml with your standard setting and upload a screenshot of the movie folder.

Here is a screenshot of the movie list from EMM, Screenshot and from the folder the movies are stored in Screenshot. In the EMM screenshot you can see this was a first time scrape on a fresh install of EMM. The metadata info is there, but the movies list does not register anything existing. The poster and fanart tabs also don't show anything. If I do a manual rescrape then the files on the server will be updated but EMM still throws that same error and still will not register the different things existing.

Here is the settings file Settings.xml, there does not seem to be an Advanced Settings file being generated right now by 1.3.0.12. I have also included the Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml files from the working 1.3.0.9 install I have now.

I finally seem to have figured this out. After moving my movies around all over the place to try to find out what is happening, it seems as though there is a bug in 1.3.0.10+ (although this same bug seems to affect 1.3.0.9 in the Bulk File Renamer also) where it will not work if the movies are stored at the root of the drive letter. If I put the files into one or more sub folders first things work fine.

Example:

Does not work:

X:\Movie1.mp4
X:\Movie2.mp4
X:\Movie3.mp4

Works:

X:\Movies\Movie1.mp4
X:\Movies\Movie2.mp4
X:\Movies\Movie3.mp4

Also works:

X:\Movie1\Movie1.mp4
X:\Movie2\Movie2.mp4
X:\Movie3\Movie3.mp4

While it is true if I had stored all my movies in individual folders as previously suggested I wouldn't have had any problems, I am a bit stuck now because the "Sort Files Into Folders" function doesn't work under my old setup anyway. For now I have just moved them into a single subfolder like in the second example, but this still seems like a bug that might want to be addressed.