Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-08, 23:31)bobrap Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 19:17)Drazzilb Wrote: Ok i'm sorry I've searched and searched. I have v 1.3.0.12. The TMDB Api key field asks me to input said key. How do i go about getting one or is this something yet to be implemented.

Thanks

I'd like to know also. Smile

(2013-05-08, 08:09)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 21:17)DanCooper Wrote: "Role" added to dropdown menu.

Fixed.

Fixed. Now the search field is no longer cleared after change dropbox and refreshing the results with new dropbox item.

"Credits" added to dropdown menu.

Also added a small fanart window to main screen for users with a small screen:

Wow nice changes! Good job! Smile

What version has these changes? Thanks

Not released yet. Comming soon.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ezechiel1917 - 2013-05-09

Upgraded to 1.3.0.12 from 1.3.0.9 and now USA country from IMDb scraper is imported as "United States of America" . This will mess with countries links in XBMC database, so is there a way to get it scraped as "USA" like in previous versions? Thanks

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 15:09)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Upgraded to 1.3.0.12 from 1.3.0.9 and now USA country from IMDb scraper is imported as "United States of America" . This will mess with countries links in XBMC database, so is there a way to get it scraped as "USA" like in previous versions? Thanks

Really? Another has say that XBMC always use "united states of America".

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Walhalla - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 16:07)DanCooper Wrote: Really? Another has say that XBMC always use "united states of America".

"United States of America" is the correct naming. I just scraped 2 test titles in XBMC.

@ezechiel1917: better do a batch replace in the nfos and database to get used to the new naming scheme Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ezechiel1917 - 2013-05-09

Tbh I don't know what currently native xbmc scrapers use, it can be long names (United States of America, United Kingdom etc.), I use EMM exclusively for movie .nfo management and ever since I used EMM it used short names like USA / UK... so I have many titles with short country titles. Also I prefer original information from IMDb and they use short titles there.

Could you make this user preference please?

I think that xbmc doesn't use IMDb scraper anymore and that's why you have different countries when scraping in XBMC (XBMC uses TMDb scraper).

EDIT: Just tested with Universal Movie scraper in XBMC which can use IMDb site for movie scraping and when you set it to scrape countries from IMDb it use short country names: USA , UK etc... (exactly as they are present on IMDb website)

IMO you should respect data from the site you're scraping from. That's why I choose IMDb over TMDb. If someone wants to use TMDb scraper let them use the countries they use on their site. The same goes for IMDb users, Please don't force users to mix data from different sources when they don't want to.

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-09

I'll put in an option.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ezechiel1917 - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 17:11)DanCooper Wrote: I'll put in an option.

Thanks.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Walhalla - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 17:11)DanCooper Wrote: I'll put in an option.

would be good.

@ezechiel1917

Sorry. You are totally right. I forgot about the fact that XBMC is using TMDB as default scraper for a long time.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-10

Almost there:

it runs Smile now let's fix the scraping process... Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Walhalla - 2013-05-10

(2013-05-10, 11:54)m.savazzi Wrote: it runs Smile now let's fix the scraping process... Smile

Nice, good job! Will it be possible to mix the scrapers and select which data you want from every scraper?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - niih - 2013-05-10

(2013-05-10, 11:54)m.savazzi Wrote: it runs Smile now let's fix the scraping process... Smile

Would it be possible to have a priority of scrapers, so that if the data isn't found in your preferred scraper, the next lower preference would be used?

To both answers: yes (note all active scrapers are invoked in any case)

I've done all this mess exactly to allow to combine the scrapers as you like.

the fields will be filled based on scraper order AND only for fields empty and not locked, so for example if you want only the ofdb title but all other fields from tmdb the solution is to have ofdb as scraper 1 with only title checked and then tmdb as n.2 with all fields enabled.

for pictures instead all scrapers will provide the list, the only thumbnails will be downloaded to be shown in the imgpick dialog and when an image is chosen is downloaded of the correct size.
it is 10000000000 more efficient than before. Wink

also now is 100000000 times easier to add a data scraper or, as I hope we will do, other image types.

extrathumbs are removed from the scrapers and will have to be added to the frame extractor plugin. From xbmc specs there will be only 4 named thumb1...thumb4

extrafanart will be re implemented in the image dialog or, maybe, the automatic scraping. The issue with the old options is that is now easy to have 100 fanart (as is the sum of all scrapers and now we have more sources too) so a save all is meaningless and often several are identical as they arrive from different sources.

I'm open to suggestions on how you think the auto extrafanart could work.

data scraping look to work fine
image scraping (from the web) works fine

now I have to fix the image selection dialog Smile

is starting to work Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-10

(2013-05-10, 15:21)m.savazzi Wrote: data scraping look to work fine
image scraping (from the web) works fine

now I have to fix the image selection dialog Smile

nice work...superb...
waiting the next release anxiety!.
thxs!!